around the corner of your house...

This is a discussion on around the corner of your house... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, so my friend just recently had this happen to him. Wondering what peoples thoughts are, especially with Wisconsin just passing ccw, concidering it happened ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: around the corner of your house...

around the corner of your house...

Ok, so my friend just recently had this happen to him. Wondering what peoples thoughts are, especially with Wisconsin just passing ccw, concidering it happened in Milwaukee.

My friend was finishin some yard work just after dark. As he was walking around the corner of his house to the front yard he was confronted by 2 men with guns drawn. Wanted his wallet, now he doesn't ccw, but i do (once WI gets me my permit). I dont approve of what he did unarmed, but he did use something i once taught him. If you push the slide back a little on a semi-auto pistol it wont fire. Instead of reaching for the wallet, he lunged and did that, pistols didnt go off, knocked em both to the ground was beating one and then the other pistol whipped him, and the two BG's ran off... kept his wallet, but he was pretty messed up from that pistol whip.

As a concealed carrier, what would you have done?

(Remember the stand point, looking for actions as a concealed carrier, i did have a talk with my friend, and he is doing better.)
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

2. Remove Ads

Give them the wallet. Even if he had been armed, based on your description of the event, they had the drop on him.

He doesn't need a ccw to carry on his own property.

That said, it's time to move.

Next up in the posting order: guys with trick wallets, and the urban kung-fu types who flip the wallet at them, look them off with their eyes, then whip out their 1911 and drop 'em both while they are bedazzled.

VIP Member
    I don't do yard work after dark, unarmed. In fact, I don't do much of anything unarmed. Having said that, two guys pointing guns at me get the wallet.
    atctimmy and JerryMac like this.

Risky tactic. You miss the pistol you are SOL. Their are better tactics. Me, I would move off the X and draw and fire while moving if possible. If not, play it by ear and look for an opening. Most likely would hand over wqllet and run.
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by BkCo1 View Post
    Risky tactic. You miss the pistol you are SOL. Their are better tactics. Me, I would move off the X and draw and fire while moving if possible. If not, play it by ear and look for an opening.
    Semper Fi
    Urban kung-fu: check. I called it.

Two guys with drawn guns trained on you, and you're going to make a ballet move while drawing and shooting. Good luck with that.

Give 'em the Jason Statham move:

Jason%u00252BStatham%2Bin%2BThe%2BTransporter.jpg
    Hopyard and Riana like this.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    interesting that you thought this action significant enough to break it out of your other threads topic.

it isn't
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Absolutely would not have engaged. You said guns drawn, so they're at least at low ready. Even if I pulled, I could not beat TWO people at low ready from a 5:00 draw (or wouldn't want to take my chances anyway).
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Quote Originally Posted by claude clay View Post
    interesting that you thought this action significant enough to break it out of your other threads topic.

it isn't
    I agree, to me they would get the wallet, what interests me is what other people would do.... i think im going to start carrying a "false" wallet.. couple of bucks, should someone get the drop on me. However, my experience in the sevice keeps me alert at all times "stay alert, stay alive", and this just "ups the anty". Just wondering other peoples thoughts.... and how they prepare/react in this situation, and what they do to avoid it....
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

hmm, thats tough call, I open carry around the house and I take my dogs out a night...three big dogs and a S&W M&P on my hip...BUT...if I was outside getting firewood and did not have the dogs...I toss them the wallet, I do not carry money or anything in the wallet anyway, it is more of distraction item. they got the drop, they have the advantage..based on your scenario they did not intend to kill, they just pistol whipped your friend instead of shooting him.
    however if they dropped guard when I tossed the wallet, giving me a window I would draw and fire while moving for cover, no hesitation...because unless I am spider man or have ESP. I can not know they wont shoot me anyway just to get my gun... and I cant see me going down with out a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by jerp View Post
    I agree, to me they would get the wallet, what interests me is what other people would do.... i think im going to start carrying a "false" wallet.. couple of bucks, should someone get the drop on me. However, my experience in the sevice keeps me alert at all times "stay alert, stay alive", and this just "ups the anty". Just wondering other peoples thoughts.... and how they prepare/react in this situation, and what they do to avoid it....
    Oh, thank you sooooo much. Bwaahhahhahhaaahhhhaaa. I am still laughing. I said we would have two kinds of follow-up posters: trick wallet guys and urban kung-fu experts. Someone give me an award....

How to avoid it? Get a decent education, find a well-paying career, and don't live in some place where armed guys roam around and jack up homeowners doing lawn work. Before someone piles on with the inevitable this-can-happen-even-in-nice-neighbors canard, I call Bee Ess on that one as one anecdote does not an argument make.

Oh, and yes I am fully aware that I will likely get shot, but I am very aware they will get shot too...its still a tough call, say you give them the wallet, they shoot you anyway...say you draw and take them out too. Or worse case, you toss the wallet and they raise pistols and start shooting...lot and lots of things can happen...I guess you can play it out in your head like a John woo movie but in reality, every one will get shot if you draw with a distraction window...if you dont draw you may be the only one shot...

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    Oh, thank you sooooo much. Bwaahhahhahhaaahhhhaaa. I am still laughing. I said we would have two kinds of follow-up posters: trick wallet guys and urban kung-fu experts. Someone give me an award....

How to avoid it? Get a decent education, find a well-paying career, and don't live in some place where armed guys roam around and jack up homeowners doing lawn work. Before someone piles on with the inevitable this-can-happen-even-in-nice-neighbors canard, I call Bee Ess on that one as one anecdote does not an argument make.
    Ok you can get your award but at the same time. Modernknight makes a good point above, you give the wallet and they shoot anyways.... would you take your chances or die doing nothing, or give and hope they leave?

LOL, ok, i just wanna point out I have never carried money in the wallet, not since a buddy of mine got mugged in jacksonville NC back in 1995...we had to protect the ID card and the beer/stripper money back then..lol

Quote Originally Posted by jerp View Post
    Ok you can get your award but at the same time. Modernknight makes a good point above, you give the wallet and they shoot anyways.... would you take your chances or die doing nothing, or give and hope they leave?
    I'll take my chances they only want the money and not a murder rap. I may be wrong, but turning it into a gunfight with two at-the-ready shooters seems ill-advised.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links