Supposed real SD shooting

This is a discussion on Supposed real SD shooting within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was standing outside of my girlfriend's house on sunday night, smoking a cigarette and drinking a beer. I was next to the staircase (she ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By oakchas
  • 1 Post By RETSUPT99

Thread: Supposed real SD shooting

I was standing outside of my girlfriend's house on sunday night, smoking a cigarette and drinking a beer. I was next to the staircase (she lives on the first floor of a 2 story motel style apartment), with my back to the parking lot, and she was facing the parking lot. She says "he doesn't live here." I turned around and there was a dude talking on his cell phone, it sounded like he was trying to figure out which apartment someone was in. He walked up, and I stepped aside so he could get up the stairs, and when I looked up he had a gun, and said 'give it up' or something along those lines. I put my hands up, and told him to be cool. I set my beer down and told him I was goimg to put my hand in my left pocket, then reached into my pocket, got my phone, and told him I was going to set it on the ground. He went to pick it up, and I grabbed the kel-tec pf9 off my right side waist band, and shot him twice in the gut (turns out I actually hit him in the stomach and upper leg). He fell up against a car, hit the ground, and I stepped back real quick and tried to line up on him with two hands on the pistol. I don't really know how or what happened, but I got my left hand cut, looks like it was too high behind my right hand and the slide bit it. Also, the gun jammed, and by this time he was up and running, no s***. I cleared the round, and took a knee behind a car, grabbed my phone, and called the police. They showed up in less than 5 minutes, and were super cool (this was Birmimgham PD), said someone had got robbed a couple of blocks over earlier, it ended up being the same dude. After a while, about 45 minutes, a hospital on the western side of town called and said they had a black male with 2 gunshot wounds. Turned out he was coked up and drunk, which explains how he was able to take 2 9mm hollow points and get up and run, which surprised the hell out of me. Anyway, he had dropped his gun in the parking lot, (a Lorcin 25, imagine that), and had also fired off one round, they found a 25cal shell next to the car. The cops never gave me any greif, actually told me I did what I had to and good job. I am waiting to get the gun back from evidence, but really don't know if I want to carry it anymore. I'm carrying a Glock 23 now. I feel alright, certainly don't have any regrets, and i'm glad that no one I care about was hurt.

Edited for language.

From Saiga forum

Whether actual or not, the misdirection of placing the phone on the ground is what allowed the permit holder to prevail, against "the drop."
    Hopyard likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

What I found interesting wan the fact that the BG didn't use the normal "interview" to get in close. He instead pretended (I assume he was pretending) to be talking on a cell phone. Thanks for sharing!
    Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Good ending!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Thumbs up!...and thumbs forward with the grip, unless you carry band aids.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Chalk one up for the good guys!
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    Chalk one up for the good guys!
    Too bad they didn't need chalk for the dirtbag.
    Bubbiesdad likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quite an interesting story.

I wonder if he was talking about the Birmingham, AL Police. I live near there and haven't read anything about it in the papers.

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    I wonder if he was talking about the Birmingham, AL Police. I live near there and haven't read anything about it in the papers.
    I was a reserve deputy and road with a buddy of mine for ~9 years..2/3 of the stuff I was involved in never made the paper, and it was a relitivly snall town/county.

I don't carry when I'm drinking beer

Links