No-Knock warrant - Page 5

No-Knock warrant

This is a discussion on No-Knock warrant within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; the best thing to do is drop the gun and give in. you are out numbered and out gunned, there is not good outcome for ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: No-Knock warrant

the best thing to do is drop the gun and give in. you are out numbered and out gunned, there is not good outcome for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Absolutely for sure you can not booby trap an unoccupied structure in Iowa. I lived there when that law was passed and know
    what transpired to cause it to be passed. I do not know if the law applied to an occupied dwelling as well; and I think not. But, that was 40 ish years back and I have no clue what IA law on the subject is today.
    I know for sure that you can not set a booby trap in your own house in Michigan. Any unattended device is illegal.

Edit
    750.236 Spring gun, trap or device; setting.

Sec. 236.

Setting spring guns, etc.—Any person who shall set any spring or other gun, or any trap or device operating by the firing or explosion of gunpowder or any other explosive, and shall leave or permit the same to be left, except in the immediate presence of some competent person, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor, punishable by imprisonment in the county jail not more than 1 year, or by a fine of not more than 500 dollars, and the killing of any person by the firing of a gun or device so set shall be manslaughter.

History: 1931, Act 328, Eff. Sept. 18, 1931 ;-- CL 1948, 750.236
    Former Law: See section 1 of Act 97 of 1875; being How., 9114; CL 1897, 11515; CL 1915, 15250; and CL 1929, 16782.

I found the actual section, and I guess the way it's worded, if you hire a responsible security guard to stand watch over it, you could install a booby trap. I don't know why you wouldn't just give the guard an AR instead though.

Quote Originally Posted by jfnixon View Post
    Find something only the Police are likely to know, say the name of the head of the SWAT division. If you have a chance, yell out something like "Tell me who XXYYZZ is!" If you get the right answer, you have a very high probability of Police.

Naaaah, there just isn't any good answer to this situation.
    But now your assuming that the bad guys don't know the name of the cop that keeps busting them!

What if you had a manual switch for some pepper spray bombs to gas up the down stairs? Not a booby trap because you have to push the button. Might give you time to reassess just who is in your home.
    Safe room looking like a better idea every day.
    The wife is going to hate trying to find a home when we move back to the states. I am going to veto most just on safety issues.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGiant View Post
    What if you had a manual switch for some pepper spray bombs to gas up the down stairs? Not a booby trap because you have to push the button. Might give you time to reassess just who is in your home.
    Safe room looking like a better idea every day.
    The wife is going to hate trying to find a home when we move back to the states. I am going to veto most just on safety issues.
    There may still be some decommissioned missile silos available.
    TheGiant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I'd demand proof that they're legitmate LEOs before I lower my weapon--and yelling "Police" isn't gonna hack it. This is a not-uncommon ploy here in S. FL used by BGs on an increasing basis.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I'd demand proof that they're legitmate LEOs before I lower my weapon--and yelling "Police" isn't gonna hack it. This is a not-uncommon ploy here in S. FL used by BGs on an increasing basis.
    +1

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Doubledown View Post
    There may still be some decommissioned missile silos available.
    Doubt it. According to SALT, delivery systems had to be deemed inoperative. Retired B-52s are chopped up and left lieing for satellite verification, and silos are blown up.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links