Crazy situation from a newbie!! - Page 2

Crazy situation from a newbie!!

This is a discussion on Crazy situation from a newbie!! within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by jace33 hmmm not too sure what is being implied, if anything, here!? Just a perfectly innocent question......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Crazy situation from a newbie!!

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jace33 View Post
    hmmm not too sure what is being implied, if anything, here!?
    Just a perfectly innocent question...

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    Scary thing that's for sure. Sorry to hear about your cousin. I had a nephew that took his own life when he was 14. The shock to the family is extreme.
    Huh? Where did he say it was his cousin?
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Post #7, he adds that he feels for the family, and that his cousin had done the same in the past. I'm not too savvy with the whole quote/reply thing, so, you'll have to look at it yourself :P

Administrator
    I know that it was an innocent question but, just as a general FYI there as tons of folks who visit DC to just read and never actually "post" until some thing, or life event, or scenario...or important firearm related question or major security concern (that they need an answer to) causes them to make that first posting.

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    Once again I have to ask. Why do "incidents" happen to the new guys?

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I know that it was an innocent question but, just as a general FYI there as tons of folks who visit DC to just read and never actually "post" until some thing, or life event, or scenario...or important firearm related question or major security concern (that they need an answer to) causes them to make that first posting.
    Or maybe something happens to them and then they need to find clarity or confirmation and go looking for a Web community. The important thing is, they come here and ask.

And then of course, we tell them, muwaaahaaahaa!

The thought may have been that he's a troll, but I give the benefit of the doubt here.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Interesting points of view. you did the right thing in leaving --- don't second quess yourself.
    Years ago my Wife and I chose a "trigger" word that when either of us said that word we'd head to the exit. No questions asked - just outta there. Explanations can come later.
    Intuition, spider senses call it whatever you wish, it is real and when you learn to trust it without hesitation life gets a little easier. BTW the trigger word you choose should be one that is distinct and not easily misunderstood. ECHO

Welcome to the forum and I'm glad neither you nor your SO had to witness that scene.

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

Glad you remained safe, one never knows what is just around the corner...stay alert, stay safe!

ret :31
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I think you and your SO did the right thing by getting out of there. Think I would of mentioned it to the Range master while checking out so they would be aware of the situation.
    US Navy Veteren
    Ruger SP101 357 3" Barrel
    Taurus 65 357 Mag
    Glock 19 Gen3
    Walther PK 380
    www.guntoters.com

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    There is a fellow over on Sig forum that was next to the guy that shot himself. I don't know if I'm allowed to link it.

Quote Originally Posted by IamDan View Post
    Interesting points of view. you did the right thing in leaving --- don't second quess yourself.
    Years ago my Wife and I chose a "trigger" word that when either of us said that word we'd head to the exit. No questions asked - just outta there. Explanations can come later.
    Intuition, spider senses call it whatever you wish, it is real and when you learn to trust it without hesitation life gets a little easier. BTW the trigger word you choose should be one that is distinct and not easily misunderstood. ECHO
    great idea... I don't know if I mentioned before but I'll admit it, I HAD been living in condition "white" for a long time prior to this past 4 months since I decided to change my life... my SO and I definately need to work something of this nature out, thanks a lot...

I think you did the right thing by following your instincts and I do not think it's a good idea to insert yourself into such a situation. When I used to shoot indoors, I always tried to get the right-most lane so that right handed shooters wouldn't be inadvertently be pointing their muzzle at me when dropping their magazines. Glad you weren't injured and welcome to the forum.

OP ..... ; PM me if you want.

I agree with Hopyard, except for contacting the police. I shoot there too, and live west of there. I do know the place personally, some of the people there, etc. The police are still trying to determine if it was an accidental ND, or a suicide. Nothing you describe puts you at any risk on anything, but may help them greatly.

I would definitely contact them. They will appreciate it.

If you are unsure about that, contact the owner of the range ... he's there, and advise him and see what you think then. You wouldn't even have to give him your name until you felt comfortable. If I were you, I would have NO hesitation to contact WPD and share what you know.

I would have advised the people at the counter, but it's a good thing you got out of there and didn't approach them. Good instincts and senses on the part of your SO for saying something to you .... she's a keeper. If truly a suicide, he may have taken you with him.

For those that brought it up: there is no range master, and it's not monitored closely, it has a large glass behind the shooters that they will occassionally observe what's going on and if people are being safe. It's by no means constantly monitored.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Train don’t complain... everyone has to start out somewhere.... I pass along advice whenever possible

Wild, another forum I'm on had a guy post that he was there when it happened. Glad you are ok and didn't have to witness the incident.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links