Crazy situation from a newbie!! - Page 3

Crazy situation from a newbie!!

This is a discussion on Crazy situation from a newbie!! within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Personally, if I see someone acting very strange or careless on a range, I quickly and quietly pack up my stuff and leave without engaging ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Crazy situation from a newbie!!

Personally, if I see someone acting very strange or careless on a range, I quickly and quietly pack up my stuff and leave without engaging the individual...but I drop a suggestion to the owner/manager on my way out the door as to what was going on and why I'm leaving. It is his place, so what he chooses to do with that information is up to him. His decision to intervene, not mine.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

This was a very interesting thread. Almost everyone concurred with the OP picking up and getting out of Dodge. Taking care of Number One....returning safely to family and friends. Not all that many even suggested telling ranger master (didnt have one) or other range employee. Or considered the safety of others at the range.

Very different response than the scenarios where there's a need to draw down to protect strangers. There, it seems there's more of a moral imperative because 'I'd want someone else to do that if it was my family,' or 'I wont let innocents be harmed if I can do my part'.....etc.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    This was a very interesting thread. Almost everyone concurred with the OP picking up and getting out of Dodge. Taking care of Number One....returning safely to family and friends. Not all that many even suggested telling ranger master (didnt have one) or other range employee. Or considered the safety of others at the range.

Very different response than the scenarios where there's a need to draw down to protect strangers. There, it seems there's more of a moral imperative because 'I'd want someone else to do that if it was my family,' or 'I wont let innocents be harmed if I can do my part'.....etc.
    There is a difference between being "caught up" in an event, and having to act, and sensing something isn't right and getting out before it happens.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Tally XD View Post
    There is a difference between being "caught up" in an event, and having to act, and sensing something isn't right and getting out before it happens.
    Yes, but it's also about the same difference as considering using a deadly weapon against a threat to safety and informing someone in charge about a threat to safety. Each as appropriate to the situation.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post

I do agree with you in hindsight 9mm... of course hindsight is always 20/20 and I know now that he actually killed himself!! I did not forsee this happening, I just felt uncomfortable and so did my SO... We maybe should have said something to the cashier as we were paying but I didn't want to raise any alarms about someone if it was just the food I ate earlier gurgling in my stomach...

Bottom line is this situation was handled ok, I could have done better and said something to the owner or employee... I am glad it turned out with a good ending for me and mine but I do feel for the family... SAD...

Appreciate all the different points of view.. Glad to be part of the community!

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    I would have done the same thing, pack up and get out.
    jace33 likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links