Domino Pizza delivery driver fired.

This is a discussion on Domino Pizza delivery driver fired. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sounds to me like the young man made his decision, and now he has to live with the consequences of that decision. He knew, when ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Domino Pizza delivery driver fired.

Sounds to me like the young man made his decision, and now he has to live with the consequences of that decision.

He knew, when he decided to carry that weapon to protect himself, that one day he may be fired, for using that weapon. It is what it is. I'd say "Way to go young man. You're alive today because of your decision. You were looking for a job when Domino's hired you, so get back out there and find yourself another job".

My guess, is with all of this publicity, a business owner will step forward and offer him a better opportunity then driving the pizza delivery route.

Ya'll be safe.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

2. Remove Ads

It's an interesting conversation. A friend of mine was telling me that he was listening to a local talk radio show this week and they were interviewing a prominent member of our state legislature, whom also happens to be an attorney. Someone called in and stated that their employer (a local public university) had a no guns allowed policy. The caller wanted to know if the policy prevented him from carrying on their grounds even though he had the enhanced carry permit. The lawmaker stated that it did NOT and that state law trumped the policy. That seems suggest that so long as you are in a public place a company policy couldn't prevent you from carrying. At least not here. If they fired you for it, you may have grounds to sue.

Here, the enhanced carry permit allows you to conceal carry anywhere except police/sheriff/highway patrol stations, jails, courtrooms with a judicial proceeding in progress and places of nuisance.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJoe74 View Post
    Don't know what the deal is with the asterisks in the quote, but I did and copy-and-paste from their website: https://tmsc.dominos.com/DpDocLib/hr/HB_Store_2012.pdf

Firearms are covered on page 28.
    Cleaned it up for ya

"FIREARMS AND WEAPONS”

“To the extent permitted by local and state law, team members are prohibited from carrying or

possessing a weapon (including a firearm) or weapon paraphernalia (including live ammunition) while on duty,

on company premises, or in personal vehicles being used for company business or company‐

owned or company‐leased vehicles, regardless of whether the team member has a permit to carry a

weapon. The company reserves the right to search f or weapons on company premises or in personal

vehicle used for company business or company‐owned or company‐leased vehicles to the extent

permitted by local and state law. Team members should have no expectation of privacy on company

premises, including company parking lots, or in personal vehicles used for company business or

company‐owned or company‐leased vehicles."
    Mors est libertas

MALAD JUSTED

Dominos Weapon Policy

I am actually currently a delivery driver for a Domino's Pizza and our policy is we are not allowed to carry any form of weapon of any sort this includes pepper spray. I have had recently had a driver get held up at gun point and he ended up breaking our no weapons policy by having a concealed firearm in his car if it was not for that he most likely would have been killed. Do I agree with the policy, I would have to say on one hand I do and on the other hand I don't. I belive Delivery Drivers no matter what the company is should have the right to carry but be trained and certified first by local law enforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by CMP1987 View Post
    I am actually currently a delivery driver for a Domino's Pizza and our policy is we are not allowed to carry any form of weapon of any sort this includes pepper spray. I have had recently had a driver get held up at gun point and he ended up breaking our no weapons policy by having a concealed firearm in his car if it was not for that he most likely would have been killed. Do I agree with the policy, I would have to say on one hand I do and on the other hand I don't. I belive Delivery Drivers no matter what the company is should have the right to carry but be trained and certified first by local law enforcement.
    Where do you get trained and certified by law enforcement??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Where do you get trained and certified by law enforcement??

Some people really do live in a clueless world,Then again when you live in a State that has Oppressed the Populace and denied them their RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS they think that okay you can carry but were gonna need to put restrictions on that.
    I would say that if it happened in Illinois he was not only breaking Company Policy but State Law which will get you thrown in Jail
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Maybe only off duty officers should deliver in Illinois.

Yoda, I am, yes.

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    he still is alive so that is a plus...
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Dominos Pizza should be fired for making crappy tasting pizza now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Wing View Post
    These big companys suck .

Sorry but thet do they dont give a darn bout the employess in these days and time and will tell you that.
    If there is an accidental shooting of some kind and the company is held liable and sued, they could go out of business and ALL the employees would lose their jobs.

And with some franchises, an owner might not have a choice either.

It's not quite as simple as you say.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

It's definitely a catch 22 for the company and the driver. Do they have a policy that explicitly states no weapons or firearms, or do they have an open policy that allows employees to carry in their personal vehicles? On the one hand, the policy prohibiting weapons and firearms should shield them from liability, as the employee would be in direct violation of company policy. However, it is my belief that a company that prohibits me from exercising my right to defend myself, is ultimately responsible for my safety. Were I to be injured in the course of my duties, and that injury could have been prevented had I been allowed to exercise my right to self defense, there may be a case for civil liability against the company.
    Yoda likes this.
    Truth is treason in an empire of lies - Ron Paul
    No b@stard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb b@stard die for his country. - General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by bombthrower77 View Post
    Believe it or not, I grew up with Domino's CEO and am connected to him on Facebook. I am going to send him a message to ask about this. Will let you know if I hear anything.
    Heard anything yet?

Quote Originally Posted by KoolBreeze View Post
    It's an interesting conversation. A friend of mine was telling me that he was listening to a local talk radio show this week and they were interviewing a prominent member of our state legislature, whom also happens to be an attorney. Someone called in and stated that their employer (a local public university) had a no guns allowed policy. The caller wanted to know if the policy prevented him from carrying on their grounds even though he had the enhanced carry permit. The lawmaker stated that it did NOT and that state law trumped the policy. That seems suggest that so long as you are in a public place a company policy couldn't prevent you from carrying. At least not here. If they fired you for it, you may have grounds to sue.

Here, the enhanced carry permit allows you to conceal carry anywhere except police/sheriff/highway patrol stations, jails, courtrooms with a judicial proceeding in progress and places of nuisance.
    I think this also just happened in Colorado only with students at the university instead of employees. The difference, as I recall it, is that a state university is a state entity and therefore state law trumps univ. policy. If they're receiving state funds, they're a state entity.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJoe74 View Post
    I think this also just happened in Colorado only with students at the university instead of employees. The difference, as I recall it, is that a state university is a state entity and therefore state law trumps univ. policy. If they're receiving state funds, they're a state entity.
    Could be, but as a Domino's delivery person, you are in your own personal vehicle and not even own their property the majority of the time. If it were me, they wouldn't be able to prevent me from carrying, policy or no policy.
    ”Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security.”
    Ben Franklin

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    The 2nd amendment does not apply to workplaces since the Constitution only applies to the government. An employee has the option of no longer working for a company if they do not like their policies/rules. Many companies have other policies/rules that employees do not like yet they continue to work there. The choice is up to each individual whether it is in their best interest to stay with the company.
    While 2nd Amendment was written to ensure that government is prohibited from infringing our right to self-defense, there is no right to ban weapons from workplaces in most states. A policy such as this is merely a piece of paper. Delivery drivers in these states retain their right to carry, regardless of employer policy. To quote Albert Einstein, "Policy, schmolicy."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links