Domino Pizza delivery driver fired.

This is a discussion on Domino Pizza delivery driver fired. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by KoolBreeze Could be, but as a Domino's delivery person, you are in your own personal vehicle and not even own their property ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Domino Pizza delivery driver fired.

Quote Originally Posted by KoolBreeze View Post
    Could be, but as a Domino's delivery person, you are in your own personal vehicle and not even own their property the majority of the time. If it were me, they wouldn't be able to prevent me from carrying, policy or no policy.
    The whole thing's kind of a moot point for me anyway. I live in NJ which is "may issue" and here you need to give a judge a "justifiable reason" why you need/want a ccw. It is next to impossible to obtain a ccw in NJ.

2. Remove Ads

Dominoes pizza is terrible ayway so I have nothing to boycott. Anyway, companies can make up any rules they want as long as they are legal. If you disagee, you leave. This guy broke the rules and he was fired but at least he was able to defend himself rather than follow rules designed to protect his company and not his life.
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

What a slippery slope for the employee and employer. If the employee does not carry in this case he may have been the injured party. In that particular job I can't say I blame him for bucking the policy. For the employer which to choose - a potentially huge liability claim or a similarly large workers compensation claim? Glad I don't have to make this decision.

Just as an aside my son was a pizza driver for a bit and I had him carry pepper spray. In Illinois no CC as you know. I also told him if confronted hand over the cash and try to avoid escalation at all costs.

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mbguy29577 View Post
    Dominoes pizza is terrible ayway so I have nothing to boycott. Anyway, companies can make up any rules they want as long as they are legal. If you disagee, you leave. This guy broke the rules and he was fired but at least he was able to defend himself rather than follow rules designed to protect his company and not his life.
    Disagreeing with a stupid policy is no reason to leave. Other options are not difficult to think of... All perfectly legal and constitutional.

Have you heard about AutoZone employee Devin McClean? His store was being robbed by an armed gunman; he went to his car, retrieved his firearm (he had just left the Air Force) and went back inside to where the robber had the manager in the office and scared him off. Next day AutoZone fired him for violating the company policy of no firearms in the store. I haven't shopped at AutoZone since.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJoe74 View Post
    I haven't shopped at AutoZone since.
    I haven't either. There is plenty of competition in both auto parts and pizza to avoid both places. Is it a serious community wide boycott? No. Am I a making a personal decision to not spend money in a place that stomped on someone's rights that I happen to be in support of? Yes.
    JerseyJoe74 likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links