Domino Pizza delivery driver fired.

This is a discussion on Domino Pizza delivery driver fired. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was watching the news Friday night and they reported that in Witchita Kansas a delivery driver was making a delivery and was threatened and ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Domino Pizza delivery driver fired.

Domino Pizza delivery driver fired.

I was watching the news Friday night and they reported that in Witchita Kansas a delivery driver was making a delivery and was threatened and pulled a gun and shot at an assailant. (very few details as usual) he was fired for having a gun. I emailed corporate that night with my opinion regarding the right to defend ones self. To my surprise they responded Saturday morning saying they would look into it and get back to me. Once gain I am amazed that the right to defend ones life is seen as a policy issue rather than a God given duty! Please liberals,you may not care for your life but I surely care for mine. I'll post the corporate reply if/when I get it.
    The Old Anglo, Spec and rigel42 like this.
    In a gun fight, you can not miss fast enough, to catch up.

2. Remove Ads

Well if the job won't let you defend yourself, first off they can take a long walk off a short bridge from a mountain, second are they gonna pay for lost time at work? Hospital bills? Death benefits burial costs and all the other bills?
    And so when man and horse go down beneath a saber keen, or in a roaring charge of fierce melee you stop a bullet clean, and the hostiles come to get your scalp, just empty your canteen, put your pistol to your head and go to Fiddlers green. U.S Army Cavalry

While I do not like the policy, I certainly understand it. It would be a huge liability for any company to allow their employees to carry lethal weapons. At the very least they would need to ensure that their employees were properly trained.

Tough to avoid the rocky road of a political discussion when talking about subjects such as these, but the unfortunate reality of our current state is that the bad guys seem to have more rights/support than the good guys. Especially from a civil point of view.

Until that reality changes, I wouldn't let an employee of mine carry, either. I completely agree with and understand Domino's policy.

Just an opinion,
    Doc

already running

HERE

But I'm sorry, if I were to be a bartender, pizza man, cabbie, c-store clerk, or other "at-risk" employment, I'm afraid I'd be breaking company policy on the job... And, I'd instruct my estate to sue the company if I were injured/killed on the job whether I was armed or not.
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

Do the pizza delivery personels usually drive their own cars? If so they'd be protected under castle doctrine?

Quote Originally Posted by WillyNilly View Post
    Do the pizza delivery personels usually drive their own cars? If so they'd be protected under castle doctrine?
    I could see that going one way or the other...depending on where it happened. I think just about every pizza delivery guy drives their own vehicle.

But I don't think the pizza guy will get in trouble legally, it's just that he wasn't allowed to carry a firearm while working and chose to anyways. By the sounds of it, it worked out for him but now he is unemployed.

No more Dominos pizza for me !!
    " The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    From criminal prosecution, probably (depending on state law). From violating company policy, no.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Not all states have this if you are talking "general"

VIP Member
    Being fired from Dominos is not a carreer buster. He can always apply at GodFather pizza.
    pittypat21 likes this.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by shieLazz79 View Post
    We have all our right to defend ourselves. But the driver boy is also wrong. It's not right to have a gun or rather bring a gun when he goes to work. All customers who might see the gun maybe threatened or get scared.
    That wouldn't be any problem as long as he kept it concealed. I know a bunch of people who have guns in their cars, or on their person at work when company policy says no. But, that IS because of the areas they work in. The last store I worked at, and at this one, the area around me is terrible. The neighborhood I live in, I would not leave my house without carrying- because I would be coming home after dark.

I would love to move, but I can't get out of my lease, or afford anything else right now. But, the real point here is that as long as the delivery guy kept it concealed- which it seems that he had because NOBODY knew about it until he had to draw and fire- there would be no problems.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

We have all our right to defend ourselves. But the driver boy is also wrong. It's not right to have a gun or rather bring a gun when he goes to work. All customers who might see the gun maybe threatened or get scared.
    Not sure if Trolling...

Are you serious? You understand that without his weapon, this man could have been hurt or killed? I know little of the situation, but it seems it was a good shoot, and he legally defended himself. I could not care less if the pubic is scared of my legal weapon. And he was not wrong, he put his job at risk when he carried to work, but that was his own decision.
    AngryBadger417 and 9MMare like this.
    "When war does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the
    scabbard." -General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Alright. It was just an opinion. I am a girl, so I am scared of seeing a man with a gun unless his a police officer.
    Not to be rude, but this IS a message board about carrying firearms. Concealed carry (the main way people carry their handguns) means that the firearms aren't seen by the public. It's a topic that is discussed constantly on this forum. You may want to refrain from posting until you've had a chance to look around.

I mean, I don't go on a NASCAR forum and tell the drivers not to speed...
    Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dtox View Post
    I mean, I don't go on a NASCAR forum and tell the drivers not to speed...
    That was funny dtox, but she may be here looking to expand her view on concealed carry.

Welcome shielazz79, just because you see a gun don't instantly think danger, many of the people on this forum carry a firearm daily and never would use a firearm to harm an innocent person or act irresponsibly in the slightest. I believe protecting myself and those I love is my responsibility and that is why I train, discuss theory and CC. I don't think relying on someone else to rush to my rescue and put their life in harms way is a responsible or honorable choice. I stand behind our forefather's belief in the 2nd Amendment and the rights afforded me by God to protect life and liberty. Welcome to the forum and please read up on what go's on here, we have some very knowledgable and well spoken members who may just change your outlook on personal protection and firearms. Welcome aboard.
    sniperxix likes this.

This happened a couple of years ago here in St. Louis. The same pizza company as well. The driver was delivering to a bogus address and they were waiting to rob him at gun point. He drew his weapon and killed one and the other ran away. He simply resigned before they fired him. It was a good shoot with no BS charges being filed against the driver. The other BG was apprehended.
    Boggs likes this.
    Kimber PCII .45
    Springfield XD9mm SC
    Kel-Tech P-11 9mm
    AR-15

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links