So, You'e sitting down to dinner and...

This is a discussion on So, You'e sitting down to dinner and... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What do you do? At this point hope, they take the money and leave......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: So, You'e sitting down to dinner and...

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    What do you do?

At this point hope, they take the money and leave...
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RugerMike View Post
    I don't think anyone would be able to "burst" into my house with anything short of explosives. I am not saying they could not get in, but it would not be so fast that I could not react to it until they are inside. I am hoping the doors would buy me the few seconds I would need to put a proper welcoming party together for these gentlemen. I have 46 rounds of 9mm on my person for just such an occasion.
    This!^

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    NRA Life Member

TVJ
    Yes.

Stack and attack
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Frederic Bastiat

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    If someone breaks into my house I don't see them having time to take my wife and kids to the other room. They will be busy trying to keep me from killing them. My action starts with the breaking of the door. And there will be blood on the floor. (Theirs or mine)
    oneshot and tcox4freedom like this.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

VIP Member
    My Dogs could live on virus infected maggot vomit and still beg for more,,,,,,,but provided the thugs got past the trip wire along the outer perimeter, thus not enabling the silent alarm to the machine gun bunkers at all four quadrants of my compound, I would be coming up swinging as whec has said. They are not there to make nice nice, and most likely plan on doing you and your family in anyway.
    Take as many out as you can, and maybe they will pansy out and head for the tall grass.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Your dead.

Two minutes after taking my wife they'd be giving her back and leaving with their hands over their ears!
    MadMac, ZX9RCAM and Bubbiesdad like this.
    If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

What would I do??

Assuming one has my wife and kids tied up in the back and guarding them... I'd show the other 2 to the safe (containing no money, but more ammo and in the room with my 12g :) during this time I'm trying to look for my opening, anything that will give me some sort of chance... Action is faster than reaction and I'm about to be the one doing the acting now, I'm now leading to the safe and they are following me...
    My last chance is when I enter the Bedroom with safe and shotgun, at this point its them or me.. I have to act now whether I kill them or they kill me is irrelevant, I will not be tied up I'll die first... I try to hit COM on the BG closest to me, hopefully at this point the BG's are stacked at the door allowing me basically a 1v1 gunfight since they are stacked in the door...
    At this point if i'm still alive I believe BG in the back will do 1 of 2 things-he will either come running to see whats happening and meet the 00 buck in the shotgun I now have OR he will go running out the back door with a brown stain in his pants (most likely)...

I like to believe this is how it would all go down, I'm not saying I am any sort of expert gunfighter... I will say that when the burglars start tying people up it is time to start fighting to either win or take them with you at all costs... I realize the horrible things that could happen to my wife and kids if I died fighting, but if they tie me up then I no longer even have that option... JMO

It would never happen like that here.... the first guy thru the door gets shot, and if the 2nd wants to follow, he will be as well. You have to know the layout of my house, very well planned for things... I can see both front and back door from the dining room. Even if all 3 hit the door at the same time, the advantage would be mine, because their movement would be limited and crowded, as mine wouldn't.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    You just got home from work... You are sitting down to dine with the family; 3 masked, armed men bust into the house... They have weapons pointed at you, your wife, and a son or daughter.

1. Your house is "reasonably secure" but you do not have an alarm system,
    2. you yourself are always carrying, even at home, (wife and kids not)
    3. you have HD shotgun in bedroom under the bed or on a rack on the bed frame (unimportant where), loaded and ready to go.
    4. The bedroom door is lockable and solid wood.

Two of the men take your wife and children, at gunpoint, to another location in the house (you don't know whether it is your bedroom with the weapon or not).They are bound. One BG remains behind to guard the family. (or doesn't; your choice, in this scenario.)

You are told by the remaining men to take them to the money. (whether you have any or not is irrelevant).

What are your actions?

BTW, your dog is happily eating a large juicy steak with some tranquilizers outside... or you don't have a dog, anyway for this scenario.

This is not too far fetched... In fact, it's happened recently in Alpharetta, Georgia. Twice. Recently.
    I posted it in: "In the News." Stories: HERE
    If no opportunity presents itself, then make one. The hell with compliance; they fact that they're armed already proves, to me, that they're willing and ready to murder everyone in the house. I'd go so far as to provide a distraction just so my family could try to escape, rather than just lie down and let them tie any of us up, just sso they could shoot us when they were done. In situations like this, when criminals take hostages, they don't like to leave witnesses. I'd fight right out of the gate,
    Bubbiesdad likes this.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill MO View Post
    If someone breaks into my house I don't see them having time to take my wife and kids to the other room. They will be busy trying to keep me from killing them. My action starts with the breaking of the door. And there will be blood on the floor. (Theirs or mine)
    ^^^THIS!!!!!!^^^

I have been a victim of two HIRs.

I can say UNEQUIVOCALLY say; "IF" my gun is within reach, this type of scenario will NOT progress to leading my wife & family to another room where they can be systematically executed while they are bound & gagged.

UNH UNH; NO WAY that will happen as long as I'm breathing!

PERIOD! Exclamation point! Underscore!

BTW;
    During one of the HIRs my stepfather & I chased the four armed intruders out of the house with our own firearms. During the other one I was alone & unarmed. After a sort struggle where I was beaten down to the ground, I fained compliance and bided my time until I was able to reach my SG. Once I became armed the BGs left post haste! (I would NOT have complied if anyone had attempted to bind & gag me.)

-
    Last edited by tcox4freedom; December 7th, 2011 at 05:43 PM.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    You just got home from work... You are sitting down to dine with the family; 3 masked, armed men bust into the house
    Stop right there. No one can't just "bust" in my house like that. I can see and hear them coming BEFORE they can even see my house.....
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    ^^^THIS!!!!!!^^^

I have been a victim of two HIRs.

I can say UNEQUIVOCALLY say; "IF" my gun is within reach, this type of scenario will NOT progress to leading my wife & family to another room where they can be systematically executed while they are bound & gagged.

UNH UNH; NO WAY that will happen as long as I'm breathing!

PERIOD! Exclamation point! Underscore!

BTW;
    During one of the HIRs my stepfather & I chased the four armed intruders out of the house with our own firearms. During the other one I was alone & unarmed. After a sort struggle where I was beaten down to the ground, I fained compliance and bided my time until I was able to reach my SG. Once I became armed the BGs left post haste! (I would NOT have complied if anyone had attempted to bind & gag me.)

-
    You have led an eventful existence. I'm glad you are still around to share your experiences.

Jim

I would just politely say, "How many times do I have to tell you SWAT guys, that the drug Lord lives in the next house. He has all the cocaine and heroine."

Then I would draw and kill them all.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

First of all, alarm system or not, the house is not reasonably secure if three guys are able to bust right in and catch you by surprise with your fork in your mouth at the dinner table.

I don't have an alarm system, but I can assure you, three, four, five or six guys are not just busting into my house and catching me off guard. It would take a concerted and determined effort to get through my doors and security film on my windows. In that time, I would have plenty of time to finish dinner, do the dishes and then go arm myself and meet them as they finally bust through.

Okay, not do the dishes, but you get my point. My house is certainly not impenetrable, but it is "reasonably secure." (Also, both my wife and I are always armed inside the house. If not a full size pistol in a holster, at least Ruger LCP's in our pockets).

In the scenario you outline where you don't have a "reasonably secure house", but merely a flimsy door lock and thugs bust right in, totally surprising you, there is very little a person is going to be able to do.

You are pretty much bound by either complying, and "hoping" for an opportunity to turn the tables (I call it the "hope & pray" strategy), or making a suicidal attempt at stopping them when they clearly have the advantage (I call it the "die like a viking" strategy).

I don't see much else you're going to be able to do as described in the scenario given.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links