So, You'e sitting down to dinner and...

This is a discussion on So, You'e sitting down to dinner and... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Comply and hope to God Jack Bauer has been alerted....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: So, You'e sitting down to dinner and...

Comply and hope to God Jack Bauer has been alerted.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    I would just politely say, "How many times do I have to tell you SWAT guys, that the drug Lord lives in the next house. He has all the cocaine and heroine."

Then I would draw and kill them all.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeadPoison View Post
    Comply and hope to God Jack Bauer has been alerted.
    Go ahead and make fun all you want... the link in the OP gives two examples of it actually happening... recently... in the same area.

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    First of all, alarm system or not, the house is not reasonably secure if three guys are able to bust right in and catch you by surprise with your fork in your mouth at the dinner table.

I don't have an alarm system, but I can assure you, three, four, five or six guys are not just busting into my house and catching me off guard. It would take a concerted and determined effort to get through my doors and security film on my windows. In that time, I would have plenty of time to finish dinner, do the dishes and then go arm myself and meet them as they finally bust through.

Okay, not do the dishes, but you get my point. My house is certainly not impenetrable, but it is "reasonably secure."

In the scenario you outline where you don't have a "reasonably secure house", but merely a flimsy door lock and thugs bust right in, totally surprising you, there is very little a person is going to be able to do.

You are pretty much bound by either complying, and "hoping" for an opportunity to turn the tables (I call it the "hope & pray" strategy), or making a suicidal attempt at stopping them when they clearly have the advantage (I call it the "die like a viking" strategy).

I don't see much else you're going to be able to do as described in the scenario given.
    I understand that your house is more than "reasonably" fortified... By reasonable I mean the norm. I mean, even deadbolts, which most folks consider added security, are not.

The "stacking" that could occur at the door is possible, but those who think it's the solution may just die like vikings... It would only take one coming in the back door at the same time to foil that plan...

If I were alone, I'd be willing to risk it... With a family (unarmed) to consider, I would hesitate to be so bold... But, divided, they could possibly be conquered.

I'm not liking the trend to multiple attackers... Makes your type of fortification a wise move in many cases.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    As soon as the door is forcibly opened I'm moving towards the threat to engage. There won't be an opportunity for the home invaders to take hostages.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    BTW, your dog is happily eating a large juicy steak with some tranquilizers outside... or you don't have a dog, anyway for this scenario.
    My dog is always inside, and has been trained not to eat from anything but his bowl and I DO have a dog. He is a big German Shepherd and I always train them for protection work. You won't get all that close to the house without him knowing. And his job is to hold you until dad and smith and wesson come to the rescue.

Quote Originally Posted by RugerMike View Post
    I don't think anyone would be able to "burst" into my house with anything short of explosives. I am not saying they could not get in, but it would not be so fast that I could not react to it until they are inside. I am hoping the doors would buy me the few seconds I would need to put a proper welcoming party together for these gentlemen. I have 46 rounds of 9mm on my person for just such an occasion.
    THIS^ Just the act of trying to get through the deadbolts on my storm doors would give me time to prepare.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    You just got home from work... You are sitting down to dine with the family; 3 masked, armed men bust into the house... They have weapons pointed at you, your wife, and a son or daughter.

1. Your house is "reasonably secure" but you do not have an alarm system,
    2. you yourself are always carrying, even at home, (wife and kids not)
    3. you have HD shotgun in bedroom under the bed or on a rack on the bed frame (unimportant where), loaded and ready to go.
    4. The bedroom door is lockable and solid wood.

Two of the men take your wife and children, at gunpoint, to another location in the house (you don't know whether it is your bedroom with the weapon or not).They are bound. One BG remains behind to guard the family. (or doesn't; your choice, in this scenario.)

You are told by the remaining men to take them to the money. (whether you have any or not is irrelevant).

What are your actions?

BTW, your dog is happily eating a large juicy steak with some tranquilizers outside... or you don't have a dog, anyway for this scenario.

This is not too far fetched... In fact, it's happened recently in Alpharetta, Georgia. Twice. Recently.
    I posted it in: "In the News." Stories: HERE
    Are they also telling you that your HD weapon is unloaded?
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links