Going out to eat….. Where do you sit? What do you look for?

This is a discussion on Going out to eat….. Where do you sit? What do you look for? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; this is bordering on wearing your tin foil hat whenever you go out...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Going out to eat….. Where do you sit? What do you look for?

this is bordering on wearing your tin foil hat whenever you go out

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by gunther71 View Post
    since you cannot legally carry in resturaunts that serve alcohol i dont care, just another lamb
    maybe in your state that is the law but it isn't the law in many other states

Never a booth,always a table. More comfy and better from a SD standpoint.
    Always face the entrance (remember Wild Bill).
    Cops usually sit at rear corner table.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

When I walk in a building I try to picture the general layout of the building/the exits/the windows, take a sweeping glance at the room with as much tact as possible (make it look as though I'm looking for a friend), and find a place to sit against the wall.

If my SO is carrying I'll let him sit with his back to the wall, able to see the exits, the register, and view of parking lot (if possible). If we're both carrying its a free-for-all of who gets to the good seat first. Lol
    When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend. - US Marine Corps

I prefer to sit where I can see what's going on, but I'm not adamant about it.

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    I'll sit where seated, preferr a table over booth, have my back towards the wall and look for alternate exit points as well. This is not something new since CC'ing but has been a practice for years. You just never know.

I always set at a table with my back toward the wall and watch the doors while eating with my family.

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    I like to sit where I can see people comming in and out (back against a wall if possible). Not for defensive reasons however, there is no particular reason.

If the waitress seats me, then asks if I would like the special, "aces and eights", I may ask to be seated elsewhere

Since my wife and I both carry, we tend to sit where we can each see half the room, whith one of us facing the front door of the place and the other facing the back so we both can watch who is coming and going and what is happening. Now that my oldest son is 21 and is going to be getting his carry permit soon, we will have one more armed adult in the group. (He lives with us still while going through trade school)
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

What is the point of hypothetical threads such as this one?

The fact is, playing out scenarios is a waste of time... Logically, nobody knows when a self defense situation can or will occur! If you or me had a crystal ball, none of us would ever be in a situation where an armed conflict could arise.

I know this to be fact because I use to think about different scenarios. The one and only time I've drawn, my female neighbor was being attacked outside and I was three feet outside my apt door (a scenario I never considered; me sitting on the couch at home and having to take a few steps out the front door).

Quote Originally Posted by TaterSalad View Post
    What is the point of hypothetical threads such as this one?

The fact is playing out scenarios is a waste of time... Logically, nobody knows when a self defense situation can or will occur! If you or me had a crystal ball, none of us would ever be in a situation where an armed conflict could arise.

I know this to be fact because I use to think about different scenarios. The one and only time I've drawn, my female neighbor was being attacked outside and I was three feet outside my apt door (a scenario I never considered; me sitting on the couch at home and having to take a few steps out the front door).
    People have been playing out what if scenarios for thousands of years. Most sports are adaptations of war games. Played to teach children how to fight. Even checkers and chess are used to teach the strategies of war.
    Target practice is only training for the final act. The mind games discussing strategies that we do here and even at Military Colleges are training for everything prior to that final act. They might even prevent the use of force.

Michael

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links