Shot (4) times with a 50 cal and still lived-good advice,take a minute and watch

This is a discussion on Shot (4) times with a 50 cal and still lived-good advice,take a minute and watch within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I came across this and it brings up so many good points I though it was worth sharing. enjoy it; if you have a comment ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By barstoolguru
  • 1 Post By barstoolguru
  • 2 Post By AOK
  • 1 Post By Chad Rogers

Thread: Shot (4) times with a 50 cal and still lived-good advice,take a minute and watch

Shot (4) times with a 50 cal and still lived-good advice,take a minute and watch

I came across this and it brings up so many good points I though it was worth sharing. enjoy it; if you have a comment please share it because he does bring up some different ways to train

Shot (4) times with a 50 cal and still lived - YouTube

edit: Biochemistry in a gunfight... here is an add on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKRFP...endscreen&NR=1
    Rockymonster likes this.

2. Remove Ads

I liked pretty much everything he said, altho I'm not sure why someone lying on a bed would be a threat I couldnt run from...but I guess it could happen, lol.

He agreed with my opinion that you arent going to be able to play catch up out on the street against an already drawn gun, 'everything is slower out on the street.'
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

In the second video he makes a comment that is so true and can be validated by comments made on sites like this. he said “everyone wants to buy you a beer when you win a gun fight; but lose and the same people will urinate on your grave”

How many times have we seen this when commenting on a video of a shooting how people are all for the winner but chastise them when they don’t do what we would have done.
    Hopyard likes this.

AOK
    Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    How many times have we seen this when commenting on a video of a shooting how people are all for the winner but chastise them when they donít do what we would have done.
    That brings us to the whole armchair quarterback thing. People THINK they know what they would do in certain situations, however the truth is nobody does until they have actually been there.
    Inspector71 and Eaglebeak like this.

Interesting, if you watch some of his other videos he uses live weapons as demonstration tools and covers and points it at his student. But then makes his student show his weapon is clear to point it at a dummy. Interesting......I do NOT like people who use real guns and cover people with the muzzle in ANY situation. One mistake and you have a dead person on your hands.

Int
    eresting, if you watch some of his other videos he uses live weapons as demonstration tools and covers and points it at his student. But then makes his student show his weapon is clear to point it at a dummy. Interesting......I do NOT like people who use real guns and cover people with the muzzle in ANY situation. One mistake and you have a dead person on your hands.
    if you are talking about his gun; yes he is using a real gun but there is something in the barrel and you can see it at the 0.54 mark of the video and in the other two I posted. I can't figure it out but it is somekind of dome on the end of the firearm. good stuff, thanks for posting another one of his videos..

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    I'll believe somebody survived four .50 cal shots when I see it.
    JerryMac likes this.

VIP Member
    Shoot and keep shooting til the threat stops no matter where you hit them.

Makes sense to me either hurt them so much they no longer have the desire to play or break them mechanically so they can't play anymore.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

I can confirm most everything he said in the video on biochemistry in a "gunfight" . . . without the gunfight part... Especially those parts about loss of peripheral vision and auditory distortion (rather than occlusion, at least in my case).

It was truly a life or death situation. Like a gunfight, it was over in probably 2 seconds. And, even I Monday morning quarterbacked myself after the fact. I survived (or I wouldn't be writing this). But, I could have come out unscathed had I practiced passive rather than aggressive avoidance.

It was a motorcycle accident at hiway speed (plus a little bit, as I thought I was passing 2 cars). After the front brakes failed due to my snapping the cable (adrenaline) I laid the bike on it's side... I could HEAR the rubber being rubbed off the left foot peg as it dragged on the tarmac. The left lens of my glasses popped out (why? dunno.) I SAW the lens land on the gravel of the intersection and spin... (and pointed it out to EMTs when they arrived). I HEARD the POP of hitting the car with my right leg as the bike went upright against the car pinning the leg between the car and the bike momentarily (and breaking the bones). And then I flew through the air about 15 more feet, landing sitting up facing the scene of the accident. I felt no pain until in the ambulance some 20 minutes later.

This is as close to what I imagine a gunfight would be like as I have experienced.

It happens wicked fast, but time is usually s l o w e d d o w n a lot.

Even if you are hit, you may not know it for some time (and BTW, I'm sure this applies to the BG as well. Which is why you should shoot until the threat is ended, and that may take much more than one shot).

In the aftermath, you may be able to save your own life, rendering self first aid (as I did) if you've been hit.

And finally, it make take more than 2 years to fully recover from the incident.

True adrenaline dump is remarkable. What it does to you is fascinating. You must train to be able to overcome it to some degree in a real fight... or risk doing the Monday morning quarterbacking with your maker...
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

True adrenaline dump is remarkable. What it does to you is fascinating. You must train to be able to overcome it to some degree in a real fight... or risk doing the Monday morning quarterbacking with your maker...
    I think you bring up a very good point... that people in a gun fight or not that handle adrenaline dumps on a some-what bases (thrill seekers, firefighters, rodeo clowns...ect) learn to control the affect of the dump and work through it to achieve there goal

I like some of his training tips, just watched the first video, thought i was gonna meet superman that took 4 fifty cal bullets..... and still have enough parts left to become a LEO ///
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
    I'll believe somebody survived four .50 cal shots when I see it.
    I feel the same way about the moon landing.

Michael

I think its possibe to survive it. Look at the 1986 FBI shootout. Platt took mutiple good rounds from agents shooting 9mm and buck shot. Then it took agent Mireles shooting him point blank with a .38 to the chest eding the gunfight. Platt was fighting and walking around with 11 hits incuding 00 buck to the feet and thigh. No drugs were in his system.

The guy said was he survived, not that he could walk, talk or has an acting career .....he just survived

Links