Trouble at Best Buy - Page 3

Trouble at Best Buy

This is a discussion on Trouble at Best Buy within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm for getting it all on camera for YouTube. I know it's going viral!...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Trouble at Best Buy

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I'm for getting it all on camera for YouTube. I know it's going viral!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Run into the bathroom and change into my suit and cape
    And add diapers; you might need them.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Hope this is not a repeat because I didn't read all the posts, but who needs a camera crew, etc. when you have this reporter with his Iphone, lol....
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

If you don't have to react don't, no need in playing hero over some money being stolen, you are more important to your family than money that's not even yours in the first place, with that being said if a bg were to point his gun at or touch one of my family members then by all means shoot and move, shoot and move
    And so when man and horse go down beneath a saber keen, or in a roaring charge of fierce melee you stop a bullet clean, and the hostiles come to get your scalp, just empty your canteen, put your pistol to your head and go to Fiddlers green. U.S Army Cavalry

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Maybe I'm confused. Isn't the appearance of two armed and threatening men considered a dangerous situation? Should I not be in fear for my life?
    I'm not about to defend Best Buy's money but if at all possible I'm not going to wait and see if I'm going to get shot.

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    Maybe I'm confused. Isn't the appearance of two armed and threatening men considered a dangerous situation? Should I not be in fear for my life?
    I'm not about to defend Best Buy's money but if at all possible I'm not going to wait and see if I'm going to get shot.
    Yes, I would be in fear of my life. That said, Do I start a preemptive strike in a crowded store and possibly get a bunch of people hurt/killed?
    NOT a good idea in my opinion, unless I am personally threatened. I'll let them take the money and run if that is all they want.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post

Men waving guns around, threatening customers? Nah. Why would you consider them a danger?

Nobody ever gets shot in those situations....
    21bubba likes this.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TSKnight View Post
    Yes, I would be in fear of my life. That said, Do I start a preemptive strike in a crowded store and possibly get a bunch of people hurt/killed?
    NOT a good idea in my opinion, unless I am personally threatened. I'll let them take the money and run if that is all they want.
    Did you miss the part "if at all possible"? What are you going to do when you're "personally threatened"? Anything you do is going to be a reaction which puts you behind.

They are two misguided young men who have run astray due to circumstances beyond their control and are purely a product of a nasty criminal environment in which they've had to grow up in. They afterall, "were nice boys" who always brought Grandma a new TV every Christmas, even if they did have to steal it. The gun is just a means to obtain products and cash that they get no other way unless they got a job ... and we know that they are not skilled and trained to do anything productive. Therefore, society should understand they don't really mean it when they load a gun , put it to your face, and threaten you and your families lives.

Or, you can YELL OUT ..... "CAN I HELP, THIS PLACE HAS BEEN ROBBING ME FOR YEARS" ...... then grab your wife and son and YELL OUT again " I"M TAKING HOSTAGES " ..... act like you are using them for hostages and rush them out the doorway...... while the robbers are wondering WTH just happened. And hope, this was not the "one" time the police got there in seconds.

Or, just sit down and enjoy a snack, they will never see you thru that crowd.
    guardmt likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I didn't create a dangerous situation, the BGs did. I'd rather be the one to shoot first than be the one capped in the back of the head while I chew carpet. I have ZERO idea what their endgame is. Based on Spidey senses and tactical particulars I'd either allow them to go about their mayhem or do my best to stop them. Can't be more specific than that.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    Since you seem to enjoy creative writing, may I make one small suggestion? Use paragraphs. The Wall O' Text method makes scenarios hard to follow. Me? I simply avoid reading them.

Back to the thread about shooting store robbers....
    I like it better this way rock on Hunter!

It was just about 8:00 pm Sunday evening. The Best Buy parking lot was still crowded, especially since many prospective shoppers lost over four hours of the day watching yet another Tim Tebow comeback against the Vikings. Since this is the third stop of the evening, your tired and cranky two year old daughter is not interested in yet another boring store. You and your wife start herding the kids towards the doors, and of course, your five year old boy almost darts in front of a speeding Subaru. When you make it inside, the distracted greeter in a Santa hat offers a weak welcome, as your wife and daughter drift off to a display of digital TVs. Is it time to finally replace the old 31 inch Sanyo big screen tube that has given yeoman's service over the past ten years??? As you and your son follow, a prominently displayed CD set catches your eye- a digitally remastered collection of Nirvanaís best live performances. Wow, what a flashback to being a high school punk back in 1992- Good times! As strains of Smells Like Teen Spirit flow through your head, you donít immediately notice the commotion by the front door, about 30 feet behind you. A simple scream snaps you back to the present. Two men, wearing hoodies and surgical masks, are slowly moving through a small group of customers towards you and your family. They are brandishing a couple of Glocks, shouting that they are going to shot anybody in the back of the head who tries to run. Amid the screams and yells, you see your daughter is already upset from the sudden disturbance, and your son is running towards you crying "Daddy! Daddy!" One of the men heads towards the cashier area, grabbing a sobbing young college girl by the arm and telling her to open the register. The other is about fifteen feet from you, sending disapproving stares towards your family as the kids continue to cry. As you kneel down by your son, his body blocks the view of your front pocket, where your hand now rests upon the grip of a pre-lock S&W Model 60 containing five Cor-Bon .38 +P 110 gr JHPs. Thoughts are racing through your head- What should you do next???
    The real life occurrence- 2 men rob Best Buy, threaten to shoot customers | 9news.comThough my family has never been to this particular Best Buy, we could have easily been in that store if it happened more on the west side of metro Denver. I welcome you comments on what YOU would do in this scenario.

Thanks,

Hunter

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    id quickly find a school desk.

and hide my family under it.
    growing up in the 1950's i was soo proud of my American made school desk cause it would stop an atom bomb.
    i know this cause my teachers and the government told me it was so.
    tundra likes this.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

As much as I would like to end their criminal activity and make an example of them to all. I would more than likely re frame from engaging the perps unless I was confident that myself or my family was in immediate harm.

Now if an opportunity presented itself where I could engage both targets safely no harm to others then I may act on that.
    If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

Family to back of store, and out the emergency (if door opens alarm will sound) exit.

N I HK strong side, pepper spray Strong side, tactical folder strong side, and have trained that if you are close enough to touch I can take your gun and shoot you with it before you can yell for help.....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Stay put, keep my family behind me. If it comes my way, then Ill react, otherwise they get there money and move on.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links