Mother-In-Law Shoots Son, Captured on Video

This is a discussion on Mother-In-Law Shoots Son, Captured on Video within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here's an interesting scenario... Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com Apparently, the son and the daughter are going through a divorce. For whatever reason, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Mother-In-Law Shoots Son, Captured on Video

Mother-In-Law Shoots Son, Captured on Video

Here's an interesting scenario... Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

Apparently, the son and the daughter are going through a divorce. For whatever reason, the son and the mother-in-law wound up in a scuffle... the son had the mother-in-law pinned on the ground (apparently from the video) and the mother-in-law shot the son.

It gets interesting, though, because they both called 911 and accused the other of being the aggressor and having the gun and shooting.

It kinda seems like the mother-in-law might have been justified in defending herself. She was pinned on the ground, he's young, she's old... could be justified... but it appears she lied to 911 dispatch!

Obviously, a *lot* of things were done wrong here, and I think if we said "what would you have done?" clearly, there's some lessons to be learned there. But what else is interesting is to think, if you were on the jury... how would you rule?

2. Remove Ads

That tells me nothing other than she shot him,he oviously had her restrained buy her comments,but we don't get the full story,more of the very dangerous "Domestic" issues.

I would have beat the breaks off her if she shot me
    NYCrulesU likes this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    The guy was there to pick up his child; the M-n-L (with issues about him) tried to lure him inside (shot an invader?) but had to settle for shooting him outside. The PD is clearly NOT looking at this as SD in hier case. She's armed; he wasn't. He restrained her after she shot him.
    TN_Mike likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Not to mention that she immediately called 911 and claimed that he was shooting at her. I'd say her credibility was in question. I suspect it will come out that he tackled her after she started shooting and took the gun away from her.

Apparently being shot by a .22 three times (once in the chest) really hurt and agitated the guy. Without medical assistance, he could have possibly died later on, but he was clearly functioning and still in the game while he drove off and called 911.

This story made me think of what would happen if he had a gun on him at the time and no video camera. She probably could have said she was in fear of her life and accuse him of drawing on her first before she shot him. Just something to think about.

Moral of the story: Choose your in-laws VERY carefully.
    Brass63 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    I think it's pretty interesting that the OP tries to distinguish who was in the right and who was wrong from the information he provided, which proved absolutely nothing, one way or the other. Wait, did I say interesting, I meant crazy. Just more shock news with no substance, what the heck did they say they had video for, that wasn't video in the sense that it provided any facts.

"It kinda seems like the mother-in-law might have been justified in defending herself. She was pinned on the ground, he's young, she's old... could be justified... but it appears she lied to 911 dispatch!"

What gave you that impression?

Yeah, OP did slant the story in a seemingly misleading way. From the vid it appears that she started shooting long before he put her on the ground and she started saying "Let me up"
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

The old b*tch put three slugs in the son-in-law. She has been arrested along with her husband. It's all staged.

iPhone Records Granny Shooting Son-In-Law - YouTube ..... go watch this

Quote Originally Posted by theskunk View Post

The old b*tch put three slugs in the son-in-law. She has been arrested along with her husband. It's all staged.

iPhone Records Granny Shooting Son-In-Law - YouTube ..... go watch this
    Apparently CNN did not think the full video was necessary to show... Obviously it was, it clearly shows that this was a bad shoot and he took "granny" to the ground after she shot him...

I commend this man for his restraint, it probably saved him legally, but you shoot me and it will get ugly!
    TN_Mike likes this.

Now THAT was better video and audio than the last one. Weird too cuz she looks so ..... um.... nice and pleasant.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    The guy was there to pick up his child; the M-n-L (with issues about him) tried to lure him inside (shot an invader?) but had to settle for shooting him outside. The PD is clearly NOT looking at this as SD in hier case. She's armed; he wasn't. He restrained her after she shot him.
    Yep, I saw the raw video when this went out over the AP wires. It was more apparent than just about any raw video I have seen that the granny was trying to kill the son-in-law. He was not the aggressor in any way and in fact was sitting in his car when shot. He only took her to the ground after she shot him, that is obvious from the recording.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

She gives mother in laws a bad name. (Oh, the irony).

So much more to hear HERE --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhmTj...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by Okemo View Post
    She gives mother in laws a bad name. (Oh, the irony).

So much more to hear HERE --> Angry Tamarac Grandmom Shoots Son-in-Law Who Records Attack on Phone - YouTube

No questions after hearing that video ---- The old b*tch tried to get the son in law into the house where she and the husband would execute him --- she would claim self defense ..... her brother provided the gun

The real lesson here is the gun jammed. Otherwise the son-in-law would have 8 slugs in him. That video shows what a cold blooded and pre-meditating whore the old bird was.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links