Had to Draw on Someone Last Night

This is a discussion on Had to Draw on Someone Last Night within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Was running errands after work last night in town, pulled up to a stop sign at an intersection and was waiting for traffic to lighten ...

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree168Likes

Thread: Had to Draw on Someone Last Night

Was running errands after work last night in town, pulled up to a stop sign at an intersection and was waiting for traffic to lighten up to pull out. I had my window down, radio up and spotted a black male around 250lbs dressed in black riding a bike, he drifted down the road and turned next to me, coming directly at me and yelled "hey! Hey you!", I hit the lock on the doors, got the window up to a safe height, threw it in reverse and grabbed my .40. He advanced aggressively headed for the door handle, I kept reversing, drew my weapon and told him to get away from my car. He saw the gun, and froze. I put my foot on the gas, backed up and made a u turn at a safe distance away and left.

To put this in prospective, I'm a 5'3, white female so he probably thought I was the perfect victim. I later called my buddy, who I actively train with, and we laughed that there is now a want to-be car-jacker whom most likely has smelly pants. I told him maybe he will think next time about doing so.
    In the mean time I’ll be staying away from the area in case some of his buddies were watching, and he was smart enough to get a plate number. Thankfully I live outside the city in a rural area and have no business in the city.

I chock it up to a good experience, and believe my muscle memory served me well. Things are crazy out there these days. Hope everyone stays safe.
    Last edited by HotGuns; December 16th, 2011 at 10:49 PM. Reason: language workaround
    When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend. - US Marine Corps

Were there any other cars around?
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

No, fairly busy west to east bound road in front, clear behind me, and all parking lots of business were empty or very limited. I'm thankful there was no one blocking my reverse.

I like it! There is no way this guy had any good on his agenda. I am glad you had the training you needed to use your weapon safely and effectively for self defense. Some people would say that just driving away would have been enough. In this situation...maybe but what if you had not had a clear escape route...the gun would be the only equalizer at that point. I am not willing to chance it betting on a percentage of times when I could just get away...Great post!

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Where was your .40 and how were you able to bring it to bear so quickly and, I'm must say, appropriately?
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Sounds like a good draw. If you were not able to get away without a couple maneuvers then I think you had every reason to buy yourself some time so that he didn't have a chance to yank on the door or bust the window first.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Did the man stay on his bike as he came aggressively towards your door handle, or had he set the bike down and approached on foot?
    SigPro 2340
    Bersa Thunder Plus .380

First welcome to the board BrunetteMP. Glad everthing worked out a OK. Can you image the story that he is telling his buddies right now. I went to jack this little lady from her car and she out drove me and she pulled out this BIG gun. What is this world coming to? Chicks with guns.
    JerryMac and gatech33 like this.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    A 5'3" female carrying a .40! I LIKE IT
    AZJD1968, grouse and Spec like this.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Quote Originally Posted by SigHawk View Post
    Did the man stay on his bike as he came aggressively towards your door handle, or had he set the bike down and approached on foot?
    He peddled up quickly, I started reversing, he put his feet down on the ground, kept walking with it between his legs, and reached towards the door.

VIP Member
    You should report it incase he got your plate and said you pulled a firearm on him. Glad it worked out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
    A 5'3" female carrying a .40! I LIKE IT
    Lol, my AK is my baby, but kinda hard to conceal. ;)
    nigelvertigo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityGun View Post
    Where was your .40 and how were you able to bring it to bear so quickly and, I'm must say, appropriately?
    on the passenger side seat. NC law, non-concealed transportation.
    Medic218 likes this.

we all like to hear about a good outcome. He had no good intentions if he reached for you car door handle to start with.

First off why are you driving around with the doors unlocked to start with? Anyone can blindly walk up and get in at an intersection.

Two; I doubt if a man on a bike at night time or day for that matter is going to get or remember you lic plate #

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    we all like to hear about a good outcome. He had no good intentions if he reached for you car door handle to start with.

First off why are you driving around with the doors unlocked to start with? Anyone can blindly walk up and get in at an intersection.
    Vehicle auto locks, but its better safe than sorry to do a double check with the elbow.
    Last edited by BrunetteMP; December 16th, 2011 at 12:51 PM. Reason: spelling

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links