Drawing once you're in the BG's crosshairs? - Page 4

Drawing once you're in the BG's crosshairs?

This is a discussion on Drawing once you're in the BG's crosshairs? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Harryball Hero? No. Practice, three, four, times a week. Maybe more if Im bored. If you want to comply, by all means ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 65
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Drawing once you're in the BG's crosshairs?

  1. #46
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,883
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Hero? No. Practice, three, four, times a week. Maybe more if Im bored. If you want to comply, by all means do so. However some of us are sick and tired of that line of BS. You get off the X, you pull your weapon and you end the dam threat. If you cannot do that, then please leave your gun at home and join the rest of society with there heads in the sand.
    If you really practice combativies that much a week with a qualified person. great! Don't beleive you though. All I am saying, it ain't that easy, you are not less of a person to comply and live sometimes than do something stupid you are not qualified to do. If you feel you will be killed, of course resist. No kidding, listen to my point and put your ego aside. If you know you will not be killed unless you try to resist, why would you try if the end result more than likely will be you leaving a family behind. That is all.


  2. #47
    VIP Member Array Harryball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lansing Mi
    Posts
    7,311
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    If you really practice combativies that much a week with a qualified person. great! Don't beleive you though. All I am saying, it ain't that easy, you are not less of a person to comply and live sometimes than do something stupid you are not qualified to do. If you feel you will be killed, of course resist. No kidding, listen to my point and put your ego aside. If you know you will not be killed unless you try to resist, why would you try if the end result more than likely will be you leaving a family behind. That is all.
    Im sorry you have doubt, that is not my problem, my training schedule is rigorous, but that is me. As far as my Ego, be there done that, I have no ego when it comes to Combatives I am Humble and am learning every time I practice. Im sorry if this doesnt fit your mold of what people should do. My family will be taken care of in the event I should go down, Let me worry about that.

    If your just going to give in and let the BGs do what they want, when they want, leave the gun at home. You are not in the proper mindset to defend yourself, let alone your family. There is no way of knowing if you will live by complying or if you will die. Ill take my chances and go proactive on the BG.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

    Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

  3. #48
    Member Array pappou68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    SE Florida
    Posts
    302
    Tough scenario. I vote for gun in hand as you exit the building. If you're not prepared and the BG is there pointing at you, you're almost toast.

  4. #49
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,883
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Im sorry you have doubt, that is not my problem, my training schedule is rigorous, but that is me. As far as my Ego, be there done that, I have no ego when it comes to Combatives I am Humble and am learning every time I practice. Im sorry if this doesnt fit your mold of what people should do. My family will be taken care of in the event I should go down, Let me worry about that.

    If your just going to give in and let the BGs do what they want, when they want, leave the gun at home. You are not in the proper mindset to defend yourself, let alone your family. There is no way of knowing if you will live by complying or if you will die. Ill take my chances and go proactive on the BG.
    Well, then you do not apply, how many people do practice combatives that much? And I can and would go after the BG. You do not know me either so don't even pretend to. Read my post again: most people do not train for this. They are giving advice to this lady. Read what I told her at the end. I didn't say runaway. Told her to get training, sustain it and get rid of the mouse gun. Don't skim through and find stuff you don't like. If it didn't apply to you (the training) then why respond.

  5. #50
    VIP Member Array Harryball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lansing Mi
    Posts
    7,311
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Well, then you do not apply, how many people do practice combatives that much? And I can and would go after the BG. You do not know me either so don't even pretend to. Read my post again: most people do not train for this. They are giving advice to this lady. Read what I told her at the end. I didn't say runaway. Told her to get training, sustain it and get rid of the mouse gun. Don't skim through and find stuff you don't like. If it didn't apply to you (the training) then why respond.
    I did read it till the end, it wasnt the end that was crap, it was the first 3/4s of your post. The mouse gun is fine. At bad breath contact it will work, thats what they are for. You must have forgotten that this is a public forum, if you dont want to catch heat dont post. My reason for responding was the horse dodo that you were saying. Pure and simple.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

    Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

  6. #51
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,883
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    I did read it till the end, it wasnt the end that was crap, it was the first 3/4s of your post. The mouse gun is fine. At bad breath contact it will work, thats what they are for. You must have forgotten that this is a public forum, if you dont want to catch heat dont post. My reason for responding was the horse dodo that you were saying. Pure and simple.
    I don't really care about catching heat. I will stand with my convictions. Most people that CC in general over estimate or over exaggerate their abilities. If that does not pertain to you then ignore that. Then they pass on advice from experts on "how to" without being able to perform them themselves. You don't have to answer this but what percentage of people would actually be able to pull off this scenario and live. For easy number say 100,000 people are tested in this in real life. I see it at the range in different states all the time. I say it as I see it. Good luck to you if god forbid anything like that situation happens. On a personal note, the last thing I have ever been accused of is being a coward. What you think of my opinion is not important. I don't kid people into thinking this is easy. They need to know the truth and what the odds are. Then it is soley up to the individual. I saw sometime ago somebody thought it was cowardice to give up a phoney wallet with out a fight.
    NYCrulesU likes this.

  7. #52
    Ex Member Array NYCrulesU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    How many of you heros giving advice to this woman train everyday or every week in combatives? Train for this situation weak hand, strong hand, wearing different set of clothes, different environmental conditions. Train for this with the BG left handed, right handed? Do you know what hand his gun is in if he is behind you? Does he have back up? Somebody in a car or out of your sight? What happens when you make your heroic turn to knock his arm out of the way and the gun goes off disorienting you and maybe diminishing night vision if this happens in a darkened area? What if he is prepared for you or anticipating something (not all crooks are dummies and they read these sites). And a bunch of you heros are saying well, I am going home to my family and this guy will have a bad day or some other poor bravado advice.
    Fact: You are more likely than not to not be harmed if you give them your purse/wallet. For the ladies mostly, if you feel this is a rape situation then things are different. My wife would go down fighting. But the womans scenario is robbery. Stop with the example of the person getting killed. It happens. But not as often. Happens more when you fight back. This does not make you a wimp. It makes you smart so you can go home to your family. And unless you are 100 percent sure it is going to work don't try it, and guess what......it isn't going to be 100 percent. Not even close.
    If you are so concerned about your possesions, carry a false wallet and give them that. And if not, who cares, cancel your credit cards. How much cash do you really carry in your wallet that you can't get by with.
    You need to practice this every couple of weeks to make it work. I did combativies twice a week with professionals when I wasn't deployed and it is not an easy thing to do with all that training. If he has a partner your dead.
    Best advice ma'am is this: make up your own mind. Get the training if you feel it is necessary and if you do, continue it at least 4 times a month. It is perishable. God forbid you feel the guy is a rapists, if so, dump the mouse gun and get a service caliber gun because every shot needs to be able to stop the BG. Get a revolver with the anticipation you might have to shoot through clothing or a purse. If you get a semi then plan accordingly.
    Hope you stay safe.
    WELL SAID. Too many invincible superheros around here.

  8. #53
    VIP Member
    Array oneshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    +42.893612,-082.710236 , Mi.
    Posts
    8,188
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    have you done any kind of SD training? if not I wouldn't attempt to draw on someone holding a gun on me.
    if yes and you are willing to spin the dice, move! get off his line of fire, make him follow you with the gun and try and get behind any kind of cover, then draw and fire.
    letting a BG get the "drop" on you is a bad place to be, work on your SA and be aware of what is happening in that parking lot before venturing out there, also since that lot has a history of being dangerous consider have the gun in your hand until you reach your car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Why would you not carry if you are wearing a dress?

    There's a member here that did several videos on CC for fems. Surprised me on the wheres and hows.

    Give me a few, I'll see if I can find it.


    ...Found it. Link to at least one of her videos at post 94 (the post # 1 link is dead so to speak). IIRC she has several.

    She Knows Her Stuff (vid)



    ^^^^^^^^^^^I'm in this^^^^^^^^^^^


    Camp on this.

    Just because you have a dress on does not mean you can't carry.


    Bark'n sheds some good light here as well.


    Best advice, go out into lot in groups, and head on swivel as you go.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

    Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

  9. #54
    Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,462
    I will have to say if all you have done is shoot paper targets on a square range you need to give up your money and hope for the best. To try and draw on someone with a gun already in your face is no going to go down well for you. Even those who are going for the make believe wallet, I think most will fall short unless you are getting off the X with it.

    What ever you are thinking will work while setting here at the keyboard needs to be tried in a FOF situation before you try it live. I am guessing most of your ideas will fall short.

    If you have done the work and know for sure it has and will work this does not pertain to you. Just those who still have it all in their heads and have never put it on the ground need apply.
    NYCrulesU likes this.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

    "Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

  10. #55
    Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    1,831
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    If you know you will not be killed unless you try to resist, why would you try if the end result more than likely will be you leaving a family behind. That is all.
    How could one possibly know this?

    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Told her to get training, sustain it and get rid of the mouse gun. Don't skim through and find stuff you don't like. If it didn't apply to you (the training) then why respond.
    I do believe there were several, way before you came in, that told her training and continual use of that training, is what is needed. What was so enlightening about your info?
    Harryball likes this.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

  11. #56
    VIP Member Array Eagleks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    7,798
    Watched one show last night about a murder, the guy jumped out of the car (women walking), rushed towards her, shooting her in the head, and then grabbed her purse. They had it on a security camera. It can happen that quick.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

  12. #57
    VIP Member Array Harryball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lansing Mi
    Posts
    7,311
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I don't really care about catching heat. I will stand with my convictions. Most people that CC in general over estimate or over exaggerate their abilities. If that does not pertain to you then ignore that. Then they pass on advice from experts on "how to" without being able to perform them themselves. You don't have to answer this but what percentage of people would actually be able to pull off this scenario and live. For easy number say 100,000 people are tested in this in real life. I see it at the range in different states all the time. I say it as I see it. Good luck to you if god forbid anything like that situation happens. On a personal note, the last thing I have ever been accused of is being a coward. What you think of my opinion is not important. I don't kid people into thinking this is easy. They need to know the truth and what the odds are. Then it is soley up to the individual. I saw sometime ago somebody thought it was cowardice to give up a phoney wallet with out a fight.
    I guess this means that your Gun-fu is better than mine...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

    Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

  13. #58
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,883
    It is not a contest. And grow up. I don't know you. I never said anything about being better. Jeez, Try a mature post. Or comment on idiotic post like the guy that mentioned that the BG's gun might not shoot 100 percent of the time or might not be loaded. Why would anybody even suggest something like that like it should be part of a decision making process. Good day sir, and I do wish you well. I hate to see anybody get hurt. Next time I post about what could go wrong in a scenario, just troll past it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    I guess this means that your Gun-fu is better than mine...

  14. #59
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,883
    Quote Originally Posted by Tally XD View Post
    How could one possibly know this?



    I do believe there were several, way before you came in, that told her training and continual use of that training, is what is needed. What was so enlightening about your info?
    If you read the post, you would have seen that was in response to Harryball. Where in the post did I say it was my bright idea. If it makes you happy then I will give credit to everybody that said it before and after. Do not take one sentence, try to make it sound like something else. That is called taking stuff out of context and is frowned upon if you want to convey the meaning of the person you are quoting.

  15. #60
    VIP Member Array Harryball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lansing Mi
    Posts
    7,311
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    It is not a contest. And grow up. I don't know you. I never said anything about being better. Jeez, Try a mature post. Or comment on idiotic post like the guy that mentioned that the BG's gun might not shoot 100 percent of the time or might not be loaded. Why would anybody even suggest something like that like it should be part of a decision making process. Good day sir, and I do wish you well. I hate to see anybody get hurt. Next time I post about what could go wrong in a scenario, just troll past it.
    Once again, you are having an issue with a public forum...Others have an opinion, whether or not you agree with it or not. You have chosen your path in what you would do in this scenario, I have mine. To come out a tell people to troll on by and tell them not to take sentences out of your posts because you do not like it, is very immature. Almost childish. Instead of trying to have a ******* contest with everyone, why dont you add something more concrete to your opinion.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

    Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

bill jordan border patrol

,

defense get off the x

,

draw against the drop

,

falia photography

,

faliaphotography

,

mr guantes site ask.com

,

people+eating people

,

sonia faliaphotagraphy

,

what is bg drawing

,

where is falia photography

Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» DefensiveCarry Sponsors