1. The gun was in a pocket holster. I was not clear about it.
2.The point where I went into the situation mode was NOT upon seeing them, their manor of dress, or anything "profiling". It was when the guy actually moved toward me in a threatening manor, while loudly proclaiming his hate for what I (aledgedly) do.
3. Florida does not allow open carry, and never did. Being a smaller man, and this was before the present deludge of small more powerful guns being made now. I carried what I could conceal. ( I now carry a Smith 642 with +p JHP)
4. I did not mention or motion that I was carrying to anyone.
5. Read the above post by jplapp. Thats the reason that I called the manager., The clerk did nothing to difuse the situation
6. Maybe I MAY have overreacted, but I would not have used the gun unless it was the only way out.
Since the posts are sharply divided as to I was right or wrong, lets just drop it and go on with our lives.
Posting was a bad idea, come to think of it.