This is a discussion on confrontation within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 1. The gun was in a pocket holster. I was not clear about it.
2.The point where I went into the situation mode was NOT ...
December 25th, 2011 11:00 AM
1. The gun was in a pocket holster. I was not clear about it.
2.The point where I went into the situation mode was NOT upon seeing them, their manor of dress, or anything "profiling". It was when the guy actually moved toward me in a threatening manor, while loudly proclaiming his hate for what I (aledgedly) do.
3. Florida does not allow open carry, and never did. Being a smaller man, and this was before the present deludge of small more powerful guns being made now. I carried what I could conceal. ( I now carry a Smith 642 with +p JHP)
4. I did not mention or motion that I was carrying to anyone.
5. Read the above post by jplapp. Thats the reason that I called the manager., The clerk did nothing to difuse the situation
6. Maybe I MAY have overreacted, but I would not have used the gun unless it was the only way out.
Since the posts are sharply divided as to I was right or wrong, lets just drop it and go on with our lives.
Posting was a bad idea, come to think of it.
December 25th, 2011 12:09 PM
Would all the comments be different if the OP was a female?
December 25th, 2011 06:39 PM
I'm going to let you know in public, not in PM, that I've had enough of your "personal attacks" in the form of snide, nasty remarks concerning my user ID and being from NY (if you actually knew what you were talking about I am from NJ).
Originally Posted by OldVet
This is a discussion forum where people will disagree and like or dislike each other. I am sure we are expected to keep things civil. For some reason you want to continually make it personal. By my count this makes 2-3 direct posts in the last week.
I don't know, nor do I care who pissed in your cheerio's but this is me being polite. This is me letting you know that enough is enough.
Regardless of my true feelings, I will wish you and your family a Happy Holiday.
December 25th, 2011 09:27 PM
Regardless of which point of view someone took, I would like to think the answer wouldn't change from the information given in the OP's first post. Mine hasn't. Ran it past my wife and she wouldn't change "our" position LOL
Originally Posted by gunsnroses
Search tags for this page
after confrontation manager looks away from me won't look at me
cg aux sloppy appearance
docker pants for coast guard auxiliary uniforms
why do i keep my hands in pocket during confrontation
Click on a term to search for related topics.