In broad daylight!! (Female Friend)

This is a discussion on In broad daylight!! (Female Friend) within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by paramedic70002 Where are the naysayers who will declare her fearful and overreactive? Who will posit that the subject was an introvert, socially ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: In broad daylight!! (Female Friend)

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Where are the naysayers who will declare her fearful and overreactive? Who will posit that the subject was an introvert, socially awkward, or perhaps mentally retarded but harmless?

Apparently this guy was weird, suspicious, but made no aggressive moves.

If she had a gun, what then? Wait for the subject to make a move? Should she have her hand on her gun? If not, it may be too late once the subject strikes.

Amazing the difference between this thread and some others recently.

confrontation

Had to Draw on Someone Last Night
    You took the words right out of my mouth....

To the OP, Im glad your friend is ok. She is home and alive and understands how important her personal security is.

2. Remove Ads

Where are the naysayers who will declare her fearful and overreactive? Who will posit that the subject was an introvert, socially awkward, or perhaps mentally retarded but harmless?
    You fogot the the fools that say that maybe she was asking for it by the way she was dressed!

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    -
    Gotta learn to not worry about being nice...& just say no. No explainations. No conversation. No. Leave me alone.
    Indeed

Glad friend is safe and unharmed. A priori, if he let her get in the truck and went away without doing anything, then he was not a serious threat, not a good shoot situation, not even pepper spray worthy. Loud, aggressive, obnoxious, are, unfortunately not actionable, not criminal. Having a firearm, IF carefully trained and tactically minded, might have given her 'words' more force, and lessened her PTSD.

Operator: 911, what is your emergency?

Potential victim: I have a flat tire and am at mile marker XX on Highway XX waiting on AAA to repair my flat. A strange man has approached my vehicle to offer help, but I am very suspicious and he is acting abnormally. I am locked in my vehicle, yet I am afraid for my safety. He has not left the area. Please send a law enforcement officer over immediately.

Operator: Please stay on the line. Police have been dispatched.
    Chaplain Scott likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post

Potential victim: I have a flat tire and am at mile marker XX on Highway XX waiting on AAA to repair my flat. A strange man has approached my vehicle to offer help, but I am very suspicious and he is acting abnormally. I am locked in my vehicle, yet I am afraid for my safety. He has not left the area. Please send a law enforcement officer over immediately.

DING DING DING: We have a winner!!

All kidding aside, this was maybe the wakeup call that my friend needed to take some steps for her and her young child's safety... I will be in our hometown in 2 weeks and am looking forward to discussing this further with her and seeing if there is anything I can do to help her with SA, Pepper Spray, and hopefully get her started on some firearm training... I'm sure she'll listen now!

Good that she's ok after this incident. I hope she follows through and makes a commitment to be more aware of her safety and to get trained and carry a self defense weapon.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by Metalman View Post
    I have three daughters and a son. All but one of my girls were comfortable with guns when they were young and spent time shooting and were well practiced and safe. One day, one of the girls (about 17 at the time) came home from being with her boyfriend (whom I did not care for). She pulled a half sheet of plywood from the barn and spray painted the image of a man on it. She got her moms .357 from the house an commenced to shoot the man's crotch completely away. Here boyfriend came driving up the driveway about that time (I'm in my office in the house40 yards away). I see her point at the target, point at the Ruger and then point (her finger) at his crotch. She then put a couple more in the plywood. Needless to say, she handled the situation (whatever it was). She no longer dated that young man. The only thing I asked was if legal action was necessary. "No", she said. "I've got this one, Dad".
    i dont have kids yet but i'm sure there's not a whole lot more that could make me more proud. congrats! glad she handled herself!!
    "A PERSON WHO LEGALLY CARRIES A CONCEALED FIREARM IS THE BEST ASSET FOR ANY COMMUNITY, THEY DETER CRIMES BEFORE THEY EVER HAPPEN."

"I CHOOSE TO CARRY TO PROTECT THE PEOPLE I LOVE FROM THE MONSTERS IN THE WORLD. WHEN I AM NOT AROUND THEM I CHOOSE TO CARRY SO THAT I MAY RETURN TO THEM."

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    -
    Gotta learn to not worry about being nice...& just say no. No explainations. No conversation. No. Leave me alone.
    When they continue to pester you, pull out Smith and Wesson, that should shut them up.

It is a shame it takes bad things too happen too good people before they realize "oh I should have had a gun, now I'll go take a class."

It should be the other way around, take the class, that way you can turn a bad encounter into one you have put the odds of you going home safely in.
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott View Post
    Glad she is OK. (when each of my four daughters left home, each one had a Colt Mustang and a box of Hydra-shocks).

NOW!! Sit your friend down, take her to lunch or something and teach her about situational awareness, head on a swivel, continuum of force, Rules of Engagement, etc Then, as a Christmas gift give her a high quality pepper/OC spray with dye. Then give her some literature for gun training courses like Gun site, or front sight, etc.

Do not lose this teachable moment to impress upon her that there truly are EVIL people out there who will do EVIL things to innocents who are easy victims just because they are indeed evil, and if she does not want something much worse to happen to her, that her protection is in HER OWN hands--so she needs to WAKE UP to the world around her. She can be thankful that she is still alive and unhurt while she mourns the lose of her innocence.
    Take the teachable moment now. This is so true. My aunt and uncle are gun friendly people, my uncle hunts, shoots, has a CPL, etc. My aunt had never shot his gun. Until they had a home invasion. Then she was calling me going when is your next CPL class you are teaching.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post

The part that I bolded does not exists here in Detroit. This crap is too unbelievable to make up. I've had friends that have called the LEO's and they just don't come....

Arm yourself, the police are a government sponsored dial a prayer. Jimmy Johns would get there faster then the Police.
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Apparently this guy was weird, suspicious, but made no aggressive moves.

If she had a gun, what then? Wait for the subject to make a move? Should she have her hand on her gun? If not, it may be too late once the subject strikes.

Amazing the difference between this thread and some others recently.

confrontation

Had to Draw on Someone Last Night
    This. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Quote Originally Posted by jace33 View Post
    Seems like BG's are becoming much braver these days, this was in broad daylight, in a commercial shopping area!
    Most rapes and killings of women (esp younger women) , are in the day time....... it's not @ night by the boogeyman. Most serial killers, have killed during the day time or evening as well, Ted Bundy did most of his in the day. People have got to quick listening to the old wives tales..... and understanding, a threat can / will happen at any time, anywhere.

I'm beginning to educate my granddaughter to these things, since she'll soon be driving. She wants a CC as soon as she's 21, but the years in between now and then conern me because there is and always have been a lot of strange, depraved people out there.

I've boughten her one of these, to start with , and will teach her how to use it... into the eyes, throat, and other vital areas. Have already taught her several hand-to-hand and other maneuvers to handle an attacker as well.

http://www.defensedevices.com/catkeychain.html

The other thing is, not to over-react to every situation either.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by wmgable50 View Post
    i dont have kids yet but i'm sure there's not a whole lot more that could make me more proud. congrats! glad she handled herself!!
    This is the the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a while. What is there to be proud of?

First, he gave no background about the situation, so it could have very well been regarding something petty. So a teenage girl comes home and throws a temper tantrum, then threatens to maim/kill her boyfriend?

If somebody threatened to castrate me, that would be a significant problem.

Haven't we learned from Chris' thread that white knighting doesn't work? Women aren't always right; men aren't always wrong.

What if a young man had done that to your daughter? Hypocrisy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links