In broad daylight!! (Female Friend)

This is a discussion on In broad daylight!! (Female Friend) within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is from a friends posting on a social networking site... I do not have any further details at this time other than it happened ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: In broad daylight!! (Female Friend)

In broad daylight!! (Female Friend)

This is from a friends posting on a social networking site... I do not have any further details at this time other than it happened this afternoon while it was still light outstide... My friend is a very pretty late 20's woman, she was in a town about 60 miles from home Christmas Shopping and she got a flat tire... the rest is her story...-
    Original Post from friend-

"OMG I am NEVER going out of town by my self EVER again!!! I just had one of the worst experiences of my life and met perhaps one of the scariest men EVER!!! For all you girls out there......I think my cell phone just saved my life....don't EVER leave home without it!!!!"

Now many comments from myself and other friends, I suggest to her calling police and reporting 1st off, then possibly looking into a ccw and a handgun at least!

Now she posts her actual story-
    "I got a flat tire in *******. I was waiting for a man from the tire shop to come when a man walked over to "help" me. I had a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach but I didn't know what to do. He INSISTED on helping me even though I ha...d explained to him that I had help on the way. He asked me if I wanted to go get a drink at Sonic and when I told him no, needless to say he got offended!! Then, when I didn't say Yes to go sit in his car with him.....the situation got even worse, in a hurry!!!! I ended up locking myself in my dads truck to wait for the tire man and called my dad and my sister to detour the creepy/insane guy away and he finally left. The things he was saying literally were insane and extremely unnecessary!!! .......cried all the way home!! Yes Kort, I completely agree and Yes, I WILL more than likely be packin in the future!!!"

I'm not exactly sure of the details as I stated earlier but thought I would post this and update if more details become available to me. I'm sure WE ALL REALIZE she should have called 911 rather than her parents while locked in the car (duh)... Seems like BG's are becoming much braver these days, this was in broad daylight, in a commercial shopping area!

2. Remove Ads

Hopefully this will be the lesson she that teaches her about the need to carry. And, luckily she was not harmed during the incident.
    Spec, wmgable50 and TN_Mike like this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Experiences, even bad ones, have a way of making CC sound reasonable.
    Glad your friend was unharmed.:hand:
    Bark'n likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    Gotta learn to not worry about being nice...& just say no. No explainations. No conversation. No. Leave me alone.
    wmgable50, mano3, TN_Mike and 1 others like this.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Glad she is ok. Good to learn from.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

She made good choices, and it worked out ok, so all is well. It also helped her make up her mind to invest in her own security in the future, which is really great.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    I have two young daughters. When they leave my home for their own, the will have learned to shoot and how to defend themselves with a firearm. I can't be there all the time, nor can the cops.

well, worse comes to worse there's no reason she couldn't drive the truck away in an emergency situation. It may not be fast or even easy to steer, but a truck WILL drive with A flat in a pinch(been there done that). If it's that or die anyway, I'm taking my chances driving on the rim.
    varob likes this.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Really glad your friend is okay.
    Hope she follows through on arming up and training.
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

It's not just bad guys "these days". I could tell you some stories of things that you would say, " wow, society has gotten bad!". Except they happened in 1979 and 1981.

I could post an article of an uncle whose actions you would gasp at. It was 1977 through 1980.

Society has always been evil. It's becoming more noticable with the network media, social network sites and forums as this.

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Glad she is OK. (when each of my four daughters left home, each one had a Colt Mustang and a box of Hydra-shocks).

NOW!! Sit your friend down, take her to lunch or something and teach her about situational awareness, head on a swivel, continuum of force, Rules of Engagement, etc Then, as a Christmas gift give her a high quality pepper/OC spray with dye. Then give her some literature for gun training courses like Gun site, or front sight, etc.

Do not lose this teachable moment to impress upon her that there truly are EVIL people out there who will do EVIL things to innocents who are easy victims just because they are indeed evil, and if she does not want something much worse to happen to her, that her protection is in HER OWN hands--so she needs to WAKE UP to the world around her. She can be thankful that she is still alive and unhurt while she mourns the lose of her innocence.
    SigHawk and Spec like this.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

I have three daughters and a son. All but one of my girls were comfortable with guns when they were young and spent time shooting and were well practiced and safe. One day, one of the girls (about 17 at the time) came home from being with her boyfriend (whom I did not care for). She pulled a half sheet of plywood from the barn and spray painted the image of a man on it. She got her moms .357 from the house an commenced to shoot the man's crotch completely away. Here boyfriend came driving up the driveway about that time (I'm in my office in the house40 yards away). I see her point at the target, point at the Ruger and then point (her finger) at his crotch. She then put a couple more in the plywood. Needless to say, she handled the situation (whatever it was). She no longer dated that young man. The only thing I asked was if legal action was necessary. "No", she said. "I've got this one, Dad".
    lefty45, gunthorp, Bkrazy and 5 others like this.

Glad your friend is ok and smart enought to lock herself in the truck, could of driven away on the rim but probably didn't think of that. Hopefully you can now convince her to carry.
    US Navy Veteren
    Ruger SP101 357 3" Barrel
    Taurus 65 357 Mag
    Glock 19 Gen3
    Walther PK 380
    www.guntoters.com

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    She got her moms .357 from the house an commenced to shoot the man's crotch completely away. Here boyfriend came driving up the driveway about that time (I'm in my office in the house40 yards away). I see her point at the target, point at the Ruger and then point (her finger) at his crotch. She then put a couple more in the plywood. Needless to say, she handled the situation (whatever it was). She no longer dated that young man. The only thing I asked was if legal action was necessary. "No", she said. "I've got this one, Dad".
    That is PRICELESS!!! Good job dad--you taught her well.
    TN_Mike likes this.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Where are the naysayers who will declare her fearful and overreactive? Who will posit that the subject was an introvert, socially awkward, or perhaps mentally retarded but harmless?

Apparently this guy was weird, suspicious, but made no aggressive moves.

If she had a gun, what then? Wait for the subject to make a move? Should she have her hand on her gun? If not, it may be too late once the subject strikes.

Amazing the difference between this thread and some others recently.

confrontation

Had to Draw on Someone Last Night
    ep1953 and Knightrider like this.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links