2:00 AM Intruder

This is a discussion on 2:00 AM Intruder within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You are asleep at night, when loud noises from your living room startle you awake. You grab you home defense weapon of choice, and you ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: 2:00 AM Intruder

VIP Member

2:00 AM Intruder

You are asleep at night, when loud noises from your living room startle you awake. You grab you home defense weapon of choice, and you peek around the corner. There is a man at your Christmas tree, dressed in a heavy coat and big black boots, holding a large bag in one hand, and he has one of your gifts in the other hand. Your wife walks up behind you, keeping her distance. At that point the man notices you and yells a derogatory insult, apparently referring to your wife: "Ho! Ho! Ho!"

What do you do?

2. Remove Ads

Break out the tactical cookies and deploy a half dozen toward his center mass.
    First Sgt, Tzadik, rdpG19 and 2 others like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Make him very very sorry if he's not leaving what I want.
    guardmt and babarock like this.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Offer him a cookie and some milk.

VIP Member
    Since it's Christmas Eve I'd take pity on him and offer him a bowl of freshly made reindeer stew.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

personally i'd be on the roof stocking the freezer with deer meat.
    atctimmy, pfries, Spec and 5 others like this.
    "A PERSON WHO LEGALLY CARRIES A CONCEALED FIREARM IS THE BEST ASSET FOR ANY COMMUNITY, THEY DETER CRIMES BEFORE THEY EVER HAPPEN."

"I CHOOSE TO CARRY TO PROTECT THE PEOPLE I LOVE FROM THE MONSTERS IN THE WORLD. WHEN I AM NOT AROUND THEM I CHOOSE TO CARRY SO THAT I MAY RETURN TO THEM."

"Oh, good you're here! I thawed out the deer steaks this afternoon because I figured you'd be hungry for something other than cookies!"

Get him a beer
    And so when man and horse go down beneath a saber keen, or in a roaring charge of fierce melee you stop a bullet clean, and the hostiles come to get your scalp, just empty your canteen, put your pistol to your head and go to Fiddlers green. U.S Army Cavalry

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Up to the part about the man at the Christmas tree I would have said, "dang, I shot another dog, this time lets get a white one."

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    "Drop the bag, Fatso, and reach for the sky!"
    GentlemanJim likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Not allowing myself to be caught up in fantasy, I'd instantly know he was a burgler dressed up in a Santa suit (probably a crazed SA bell-ringer just off duty from Wal Mart) who was putting my presents into his bag and not taking them out.

He wouldn't be so merry when he turned around to stare down the barrel of my pump shottie - oh, his words were "Woa Woa Woa", not Ho Ho Ho

Poor Santa-burgler would spend a few terrifying minutes laying spread-eagle/face-down on the floor (with a shotgun barrel wedged in the crack of his jolly old butt) until the cops arrived.

Wife and I would probably share the cookies and milk while waiting for the cops as I terrified him even more by slowly chanting......
    "Out on the lawn there arose such a clatter - big load of buckshot caused Santa to splatter".

Golly - now I'm in such a good holiday spirit - thanks!!
    Tzadik and guardmt like this.

VIP Member
    I think several of you are getting sticks and coal tomorrow.....
    9MMare and guardmt like this.

Prone him out and relieve him of his vintage 1911 to make my own...
    RIP Jeff Cooper

would tell him he got a discount on the hohoho / 1/2 price n that new 1911 I want.........
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Break out the tactical cookies and deploy a half dozen toward his center mass.
    ---------------------

Nahh - head shots, all the way! A MUCH more effective delivery...
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links