My Xmas present

This is a discussion on My Xmas present within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ...to all you "sheepdogs" and scenerio heroes. Hope this gives you a little something to think about, though I doubt it will so any good. ...

Like Tree20Likes
  • 1 Post By NYCrulesU
  • 2 Post By archer51
  • 1 Post By Harryball
  • 1 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By TaterSalad
  • 10 Post By HotGuns
  • 4 Post By rstickle

Thread: My Xmas present

My Xmas present

...to all you "sheepdogs" and scenerio heroes. Hope this gives you a little something to think about, though I doubt it will so any good.

Proof that Carry permit holders live in a dream world, Part Two - YouTube
    soada101 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

I wish mindless-trolls with sub-standard IQ's would quite posting links to that video. If you don't have the intellectual ability to analyze that video for what it is, then there is no point in even trying to discuss it.

I can not reason with an unreasonable person...

Edit

And have a Merry Christmas

GM
    Think about what? IMO that video/scenario is nothing else than foolish.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCrulesU View Post
    ...to all you "sheepdogs" and scenerio heroes. Hope this gives you a little something to think about, though I doubt it will so any good.

Proof that Carry permit holders live in a dream world, Part Two - YouTube
    The video has nothing to do with being a "sheepdog" or "superhero". It has to do with an active shooter situation, one where your caught in it. In a situation like this, YES, I will bring my gun into play. I do not intend to go down without putting up a fight.

Now, if I'm not in the room, not in imminent danger, I'm calling 911 and keeping myself out of the line of fire.

As for the video, it means nothing. It was staged with a desired outcome. They stacked the deck to insure it would give them the results they wanted. For the video to have been fair and unbias, the shooter would not have known who or how many people were armed.
    First Sgt and TN_Mike like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

This video again. I thought maybe we were past this crap........
    TN_Mike likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

I've always wondered how things would have played out if one of the students actually did have their REAL firearm on them.
    You have to wonder about the implied logic of shooting at a perceived REAL threat with a FAKE gun. I doubt I would have done anything
    but seek cover in that senerio and cuss about how lucky they were I wasn't REALLY armed afterwards.

Most contrived "News" story since loading up Ford Pintos with explosives.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    What is it with OP's cynicalness? Seems he has nothing positive to say about anything--except his own pronouncements, of course. Must be that NYC part of him.
    Harryball likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

That video kind of reminds me of the first time I had sex...

Didn't know what I was doing and I shot prematurely....
    INccwchris likes this.

This is one "gift" I would not hesitate to return. And I wouldn't even ask for an exchange or money back. Seems my signature line applies in this case.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Senior Moderator
    Well...since I saw on you tube that it will do no good to carry a gun, I think I'll just sell all my stuff and if someone walks in shooting, I'll just curl up in the fetal position and hope that they dont shoot me...because obviously, I wouldn't have a chance. I'll just give up before it even gets started.

Thanks for the Christmas Present. It probably saved me lots of money down the road in the cost of training,ammo, gun and all that goes with it.

I mean... since its "proof" that we all live in a dream world, why bother even carrying?

Thanks for the enlightenment and the generous contribution.

And now so that this thread dosent degrade any further from the intent of this forum, I am closing it.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Lead Moderator
    Just a note, because I can.

This is by far one of the worst designed and executed experiments I have ever seen, and I have stated it since first watching the program on TV. If I had done something like this in college I'd have been laughed out of the class and been looking at an "F"! Unfortunately there are people who accept this as a valid experiment, which is sad and shows some of the ignorance in our Country.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Links