Do you carry at home?

This is a discussion on Do you carry at home? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If not, why not?...

View Poll Results: Do you carry at home?

Voters
256. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I don't carry at home.

15 5.86%
  • Yes, I carry at home.

162 63.28%
  • Kind of: I don't have it holstered on my body but my gun is always close by.

79 30.86%
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Do you carry at home?

Do you carry at home?

If not, why not?
    Second Amendment America's Original Homeland Security!

"Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion...in private self-defense" - John Adams

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

YES! My wife doesn't understand it, but what do you do if you are downstairs and the BG breaks in upstairs?! I ALWAYS have my SOG on me, but the gun feels better now that I have had my CCW permit for one year.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Sometimes. Reasons not to is usually comfort, but just ordered nice OWB leather pancake that might change that.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    No. Pardon my blunt comment and maybe I am fortunate as to where I live etal, but I am not paranoid and do not believe in what ifs.That is just me and I respect anyone who feels differently--again I apologize for bluntness of my answer.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    No. Pardon my blunt comment and maybe I am fortunate as to where I live etal, but I am not paranoid and do not believe in what ifs.That is just me and I respect anyone who feels differently--again I apologize for bluntness of my answer.
    Sorry to be a little off topic but: It's a sad commentary on our culture and times (not on you kelcarry) when one feels the necessity to apologize for answering a yes/no question with a simple "no" or perhaps even with a "yes."

Back to topic: Yes with no apologies for those who may be sensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    No need to apologize. You are living your life based on your rules. I commend this..

To the OP, yes I do....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Sometimes...usually after I make myself all paranoid from reading too many home invasion posts from throughout the country...the actual probabilities of that kind of thing happening to me are quite small...1. I don't live in a crime prone neighborhood nor an upscale financial bracket, which is obvious by my vehicle, house, and typical wardrobe, which is ok, but lacking the niceties of truly upscale dress. Someone used to keying on those things as indicators of a potentially nice score would likely (and correctly) pass me over. 2. I don't sell or use drugs, both of which seem to be pre-requisites for most home invasion type robberies that I read about. Still, I get nervous when the doorbell rings unexpectedly at night, and you can bet during those times I'll have a firearm close by. if it rings after 9 or so and I can't identify who's there, it doesn't get answered, and my gun doesn't leave my hand until I'm sure all is safe.
    wmhawth, 640girl and bandrich like this.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

VIP Member
    100% along with cell phone, knife, and flashlight

If you have spent the time and effort to find a way to carry comfortably concealed in public, why on earth would you ever disarm?

Being a member of DC means you never have to say you're sorry.
    marcclarke likes this.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

I carry at home from the time I get dressed for the day until the time I get undressed for bed. Doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to sleep yet but close.

Nothing personal but I do believe in "what ifs" it is a fact of life.
    Honk likes this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Only comes off when I go to bed.

Yes, if I'm up, I'm armed.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

At home, it's either on my person or within an arm's reach.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

yep
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels.
    If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand
    and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
    -Mark Twain

At home I carry either in a holster on my hip or a small LCP in my pocket depending on my attire at the moment.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Nope, never have, never will (well, can never say never). To each his own. The world is a dangerous enough place but I want my home to be home. A place to forget about the world. I believe in the Cooper Color system. When I am home I float between a state of white and yellow. When you are carrying you should be at least yellow. And you shouldn't be watching a Boston Bruins vs Montreal Canandians game with a loaded weapon anyway! And this might sound stupid but if the wife gets in the mood or myself, going from armed to unarmed quite frankly isn't a romantic setting, and lets face it.....who the heck is in a mental state of anything but white once things start how shall I say....well, I won't say LOL. You get the idea.
    I have a sheepdog (really do) and a security system I designed and a weapon in each room. If that doesn't work I live then oh well.
    wmhawth and yooperdug like this.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Links