Angry Customer whips out an AK-47

This is a discussion on Angry Customer whips out an AK-47 within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by dukalmighty To be perfectly honest,If I was involved in towing vehicles,my gun wouldn't be in a lockbox,and I would probably even keep ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Angry Customer whips out an AK-47

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    To be perfectly honest,If I was involved in towing vehicles,my gun wouldn't be in a lockbox,and I would probably even keep a shotgun loaded with 00 buck and slugs in a sleeve
    If I had a job towing vehicles, I'd quit and start cleaning Porta-Potties. It might be dirtier, but a whole lot safer.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

2. Remove Ads

Let me understand this.

Angry customer opens fire with an AK then leaves to go get another gun, comes back then fires into the room a second time. then goes to his car. At this time the man gets his handgun out of the lock box.

WHAT was he doing after the man quit firing his AK and walked out to his car. Plenty of time to obtain the gun in the lock box between the the last AK round fired and the first Handgun round fired.

Even if he thought the gunman was through YOU NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING IS OVER UNTIL IT IS OVER

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post

And, IMO, he was within the law in going out in pursuit, the man was still shooting at LEO.
    Agreed. And I would think the LEO would be grateful for the assist.

My comment on the video: they had a gun int he office and it took them THAT LONG to actually put it to use? After the first round came through the wall I would have been making my way to the gun and putting rounds back at the scum bag.
    SigHawk likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Any bets the impound lot had a no firearms policy for the employees?

My money is on the shock factor of the active shooter kind of blocked the fact that there was a locked up handgun in the office for the manager.

Looked more like an SKS than an AK, but it's a crappy vid, and according to the media, it's always an AK.

Agreed, lucky manager for not getting popped by the LEO when he came back around the front of the Blazer after the BG was down. Might have known him personally and recognized him.

:shiver:
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by DocPMD View Post
    Not sure what I would have done in that situation. Probably would need more info on the layout of the office in order to formulate a plan.

As far as the manager coming out shooting, for me it is a moot point as to whether he was acting within the law or not. The important point is there is no way LEO could know who he is. Could have easily been shot by LEO or the BG.
    Yeah, the cop is in the middle of a gun fight, looks over and sees another unknown guy pointing a gun in his general direction. The employee is really lucky the cop didn't shoot him. Once police are on the scene it's best to drop your gun. I understand that the employee was amped on adrenline, but really risky to walk into a fire fight.

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Yes, risky to get involved in an ongoing firefight with police on the scene but in truth they were probably hyper focused on the threat and the manager was coming from their blind side. A better solution in my mind is to have the handgun on your belt all the time and have a rifle or shot gun with slugs to hand. A rifle would have allowed the manager to fire from concealment (not cover) while giving the range and accuracy needed. Interesting scenario. It might also have been possible to effect a disarm when the perp had his forearm through the window. Although that would be riskier.

Here's the layout What's your plan?
    Pop smoke and haul ass
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Duk's right... There's no back door... at least in my layout... there must be (code required), But I didn't see it in the vid. It was probably blocked by coatracks, shelving and the stuff piled up everywhere. It's a box canyon ambush without clear egress.

You've got an active shooter, with a weapon that is penetrating outside walls... AK/SKS/howitzer or tater gun, it don't matter... you've got to take cover low, and hope you can get to the "armory" of one gun in a lock box... when there's a lull in the fusillade.

The cop prolly did know the manager of the tow yard... if they did any municipal towing.. and that's why he didn't get shot at... That, and his raised hand...

If you were carrying, the best thing to do would have been to go out the back door... with a portable phone on 911, take a defensive position amongst the impounded vehicles... And wait for air cav to strafe the enemy.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

A gun in a box is small comfort! All employees with guns on their hips would have been a better idea, along with a rifle and a shot gun in each corner.

They should have had the gun out of the box right when the dirtbag left to go to his car...is was all on camera.OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    The good part is they all get another chance to get it right next time and I bet the artillery will be bigger and to hand!

VIP Member
    The guy is using a Saiga Sporter 7.62X39, not an AK. That being said, from the video they had no idea what he was doing until the lead started flying. At that point, armed or not, I'm putting as much distance and solid object as I can between me and him. I'm not going up against that kind of firepower with a handgun, unless I have no other alternative.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links