Angry Customer whips out an AK-47

This is a discussion on Angry Customer whips out an AK-47 within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wow... just wow. There is no background that I can find on this story, but thank God at the end for the armed citizen Do ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Angry Customer whips out an AK-47

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

Wow... just wow. There is no background that I can find on this story, but thank God at the end for the armed citizen

Do you think it was smart of him to wait that long?

Angry Customer whips out an AK-47 - YouTube

Ok I can't help but play the devils advocate on this one. Police on scene and the BG is not inside... So you venture out and "hunt" him down. Your lives were no longer in immediate danger. Bet the perp tried an attempted murder case against that guy. Not to mention he is holding a weapon and walking toward police??? Glad everyone was ok in the end tho.
    Semper Fi

Wow, they kept a gun...in a lock box. Thinking that dude was off his meds and wanted to die
    And so when man and horse go down beneath a saber keen, or in a roaring charge of fierce melee you stop a bullet clean, and the hostiles come to get your scalp, just empty your canteen, put your pistol to your head and go to Fiddlers green. U.S Army Cavalry

Quote Originally Posted by McDonaldUSMC View Post
    Ok I can't help but play the devils advocate on this one. Police on scene and the BG is not inside... So you venture out and "hunt" him down. Your lives were no longer in immediate danger. Bet the perp tried an attempted murder case against that guy. Not to mention he is holding a weapon and walking toward police??? Glad everyone was ok in the end tho.
    Agreed, that guy is extremely lucky he's not six feet under.

But wow - what a nut job. Must not have been a back exit. I would have been out of there.

Watching this story is a perfect reminder of how long it takes the police to get there. It seamed like an eternity when bullets were flying. The gun in the lock box obviously didn't do much good. It was not accessible when it was needed the most.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

The cop arrived and exchanged fire with the BG.

Then we don't see the cop again. Where did he go?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    Wow... just wow. There is no background that I can find on this story, but thank God at the end for the armed citizen

Do you think it was smart of him to wait that long?

Angry Customer whips out an AK-47 - YouTube
    This is exactly the reason why cars should be banned.
    TN_Mike likes this.

To be perfectly honest,If I was involved in towing vehicles,my gun wouldn't be in a lockbox,and I would probably even keep a shotgun loaded with 00 buck and slugs in a sleeve
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

So, since this is the scenario section:

You're there in the office (working there), whatcha gonna do?

The hail of lead starts comin' inbound, through the outer and inner walls of the building and continue as he walks to the office window, and fires more from outside... he is at the small end of a "funnel" and you and your co workers are at the wide end... and apparently no back door? Then he proceeds inside to the "Teller/clerk window" and reaches through that and shoots some more.

And a final question? Did the manager actually shoot the guy?

And, IMO, he was within the law in going out in pursuit, the man was still shooting at LEO.
    TN_Mike likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    So, since this is the scenario section:

You're there in the office (working there), whatcha gonna do?

The hail of lead starts comin' inbound, through the outer and inner walls of the building and continue as he walks to the office window, and fires more from outside... he is at the small end of a "funnel" and you and your co workers are at the wide end... and apparently no back door? Then he proceeds inside to the "Teller/clerk window" and reaches through that and shoots some more.

And a final question? Did the manager actually shoot the guy?

And, IMO, he was within the law in going out in pursuit, the man was still shooting at LEO.
    Not sure what I would have done in that situation. Probably would need more info on the layout of the office in order to formulate a plan.

As far as the manager coming out shooting, for me it is a moot point as to whether he was acting within the law or not. The important point is there is no way LEO could know who he is. Could have easily been shot by LEO or the BG.

Come on Marine,the perp is a threat to everyone ,L.E.O. or not it is still self-defense,until the threat is neutralized,you know this,
    Quote Originally Posted by McDonaldUSMC View Post
    TN_Mike likes this.

Yeah I got that but seriously... Coming outside with a gun in hand while LEO is on site is just risky that's all I'm saying lol
    Civil_Response likes this.
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by DocPMD View Post
    Not sure what I would have done in that situation. Probably would need more info on the layout of the office in order to formulate a plan.

As far as the manager coming out shooting, for me it is a moot point as to whether he was acting within the law or not. The important point is there is no way LEO could know who he is. Could have easily been shot by LEO or the BG.
    Layout from the video appears to be: Parking lot out front. Low building, with two picture type windows, entry door between them, facing the parking lot. Small entry area with wall to right of entry door, and in front of you as you enter is the "teller window".

Here's the layout (click on the picture to enlarge): layout.jpg

What's your plan?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Yeah I got that but seriously... Coming outside with a gun in hand while LEO is on site is just risky that's all I'm saying lol
    did he know the LEO was there? and you have a wall between you and the "all the time angry people because you towed their car" you would think the wall would be reforced.

If multiple officers were already on scene, I would probably just stay inside and secure the building. With one single officer on scene, I would have considered going to assist considering that the officer and the BG were still in a gun battle. The officer just came to save my life, and there's no way I'm going to stand by and watch him get taken out. You can see the employee hold up a hand in an attempt to signal the officer that he is not a bad guy. Risky maybe, but I couldn't live with myself if that officer died while I could have intervened.
    8plus1 and jerp like this.
    SigPro 2340
    Bersa Thunder Plus .380

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links