If someone tries taking your child

This is a discussion on If someone tries taking your child within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When my kids were younger they would have offered much more than 5K. Originally Posted by claude clay if its kidnapping for money, like the ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: If someone tries taking your child

When my kids were younger they would have offered much more than 5K.
    Quote Originally Posted by claude clay View Post
    if its kidnapping for money, like the ransom of red chief, i would refuse the first three calls till the precious little monster has worn them down to them offering me $5K to take the kid back.
    Dave
    I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    My kids are all grown and have kids of their own, but when they were youngsters the kidnappers would've brought them back as soon as they (the kidnappers) sobered-up. Seriously, a lot of good stuff here. Pray to God it never happens!

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    After reading a few more posts, it seems as though it would also be prudent to add a non-lethal option to your SD toolkit, such as pepper spray. Right now many of us have a binary option - shooting or hand-to-hand. Something "in the middle" should be part of the toolkit.

To be completely honest, I did not consider this until this thread.
    This is one of the reasons I carry a couple of items, choices.

As I told a friend who asked why do you carry pepper spray when you have a gun - "Daddy always said - never play an Ace when a Deuce will do".
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

If someone is running away with my child in tow. While yelling my butt off what is going on while running after them, provided Im close enough I will try to run my knife as deep as I can lodge it in their back. Screw the legal crap. I will worry about that after I have my child. Let the jury decide my fate if needed. But my kid is alive.

VIP Member
    10 steps away.....I'd be running after them (and would be faster without my vest and 20 pounds of gear) and they would get pummeled into the ground while yelling "you're not taking my child"

more than 10 steps away....I'd still be running after them

.....getting into car, I'm shooting, no way my kid is leaving in that vehicle

3rd party....better watch out, make sure what you're seeing is really what you think it is
    as a cop I'd intervene to make sure it wasn't what it looks like
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

mel
    You don't mess with someone's kids. You try to take mine, I hope you have made peace with you maker, because there isn't a chance you get out the door. I still live with the memory of Jacob Wetterling being kidnapped less than an hour from where I grew up. I can't imagine having to live through something like that.

I'd wish them good luck, then I'd set back and enjoy the show .... my little boy is 6'7" and packs an 1911...
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

I'd take my own life for my children, I'd have no problem taking someone else's. At that very moment there will be nothing but my child and the animal trying to come between us.

I always have multiple options with me at any given moment. In this situation though, there's only one option I can see.

My answer, right or wrong.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    There used to be a good article that pretty much mirrored my thoughts on the subject at Cornered Cat.

Basically as long as there is breath left in my body I would not allow my child or grandchild to be abducted in my presence, regardless of the potential outcome I would act.

You must make sure of the situation before you use deadly force and issuing a challenge should clear up whether the person with your child is trying to help them or abduct them.

Jim
    TN_Mike likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post
    You do whatever it takes. It's that simple. I think the laws across the nation and any jury assembled will treat the parent favorably.
    This is basically my answer as well. I will do whatever it takes, and I mean WHATEVER it takes up to and including killing the SOB holding my child if they do not let them go the very instant I scream at them to do so. One step int he other direction with my child will result in them being killed where they stand either by being beaten to death, stabbed/cut or shot. NO ONE will harm my child. Period. They are the very reasons I began carrying in the first place.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Some things vary by state..... but here, if someone is kidnapping or attempting to kidnap someone, it is assumed that they intend to do them harm, and since it is a victim violent felony, you have at least a little backing .... when you throw in that it was a kid, I imagine the odds would sway somewhat in our favor for doing what was necessary to stop them.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Mess with my kids, you go in the ground. No matter what.

If someone tries taking your child

They die screaming!

"He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links