Armored Cars and Shopping Centers

This is a discussion on Armored Cars and Shopping Centers within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; One thing I have noticed over time is there seems to be far more armored car robberies in Maryland than in VA. Armored Cars and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Armored Cars and Shopping Centers

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar

Armored Cars and Shopping Centers

One thing I have noticed over time is there seems to be far more armored car robberies in Maryland than in VA.

Armored Cars and Shopping Centers Paladin Security Strategies

For me this armored car robbery news item is mildly entertaining because I used to live near there, and have even shopped at this Walmart. I have always made it a personal security practice to assiduously be alert for the presence of armored cars (and the attendant bad guys) whenever going to a shopping center. It never ceases to amaze me how many people walk in and around armored cars, while they are conducting pickups and deliveries, in a state of total obliviousness.

There were a number of occasions when I lived out near Bowie that I would sit in my car and wait for an armored car to leave rather than to try and walk right by one at the entrance to a store. Potentially winding up in the middle of a shootout initiated by an armored car robbery crew is not my idea of spending the day. My ex-wife used to always say “Oh that would never happen here.” So I simply must send her a link to this article:

—–

Police: Armored car robbed in Bowie on Monday - WTOP.com

2. Remove Ads

Years ago I learned not to follow the armored car courier out of the book keeping office. My boss said, "why do you want to be right behind the guy who's got all the money." Makes good sense to me.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

I can't say I am surprised that it was a Garda truck that got robbed. In the Houston area they seem to be the target of choice. Except for I think it was last week when Triple D had their whole truck stolen at a Kroger.

The courier is most vulnerable of course between the store's cash office and the truck. If I see them go in I will follow a minute or so later. If the truck is just waiting there I will use another door.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

I explained it to my wife also. The money wagon shows up in the morning on Saturdays at our supermarket. Side not, I wouldn't use them for my money...way to predictable. But I do the same thing. Just be aware and go into the far exit.
    I also taught her to just take a quick glance at the exits.

I walked by one one day and the ouside guard had his hand on his gun and was staring daggers at me like he thought I was going to rob him.It made me nervous as heck until I got in the store and away from him.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    More armored cars in MD than in VA?---Huh?
    If anything from the replies, we come back to situational awareness. It is, IMO, the number one precursor to anything CC, OC or just plain living safely.

They could do away with these armored car deliveries by just allowing the shopping centers to print cash on the spot. Its not like its real money anymore.

Michael

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Hey mir1m: Why not just start using euros if the present administration stays in the whitehouse?
    Last edited by HotGuns; January 19th, 2012 at 07:12 AM. Reason: misspelled
    mlr1m likes this.

Think of all the robberies that could not occur if we were a cashless society. Think we're headed that way?

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis1209 View Post
    Think of all the robberies that could not occur if we were a cashless society. Think we're headed that way?
    Yeah, but I like the idea of burying cash in a coffee can out back. Hard to do that electronically.
    JerryMac and msgt/ret like this.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    More armored cars in MD than in VA?---Huh?
    It certainly seems like it. At least more in the MD area of metro DC than in the NoVa area of DC. I suspect part of it is that there are more armed robber thug types in the MD area of DC.

Yes I have visited to this show room, this seems to be awesome and almost a to z products are available here.
    Anyway its great opportunity and we all should to get benefit from this.

Wow! That robbery only took a few seconds!
    I would tend to avoid armored cars...only means being alert and waiting a few minutes.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Maybe off topic but I hate being behind people that write checks or don't have their cash ready.

GET A FREAKIN DEBIT CARD!!!!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    Maybe off topic but I hate being behind people that write checks or don't have their cash ready.

GET A FREAKIN DEBIT CARD!!!!
    I never use my debit card except to make an ATM withdrawal. The rest is on a credit card.

A problem with a credit card affects the credit card company. A problem with a debit card affects my bank account.
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links