Unarmed and Asking Someone to Disarm

This is a discussion on Unarmed and Asking Someone to Disarm within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, so i posted in the general concealed carry forum, but its also a situation scenario. Im a liscensed un-armed security officer, and work for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Unarmed and Asking Someone to Disarm

Ok, so i posted in the general concealed carry forum, but its also a situation scenario. Im a liscensed un-armed security officer, and work for a company. They are posted. I caught a guy today, who "badged-in" and saw a weapon. I walked up and asked him to remove it from the building to comply with company policy. Then i got to thinking, what if it was some crazed physco, or a guy just having a bad day. He pulls, im in a big/huge lobby with really no cover just a bench. I have no weapons, no cover, im Screwed! I think im going to have to break company policy and carry my self, after what i relized, whats the point of a job if im dead? What would you do in that situation, with or with out protection?
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

You are more brave than I sir.

I can't imagine a job in the position you are in, with the stance of authority but no way to be it.

sgb
    No way would I work in a defenseless environment as a target holder.
    oneshot likes this.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

To be honest, do what you have to do. Just dont tell anyone about it...Get the point...
    Erick46590 likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Get a job sucking out Portapotties. No one wants to mess with that guy.
    jace33 and Secret Spuk like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Seek other employment.

OC allowed? Other less than lethal options?

Quote Originally Posted by marcclarke View Post
    Seek other employment.
    To me this arguments is much like the argument in the news a few years ago where Pharmacist were claiming their rights were being violated when their employers said that they had to give out the 'day after" birth control pills. Or, when an employee of my former company told them he had to have Sundays off to properly exercise his religion.
    In most cases your rights do not trump those of your employer. If you have issues with the legal policies of your employer you can attempt to reason with them to change policy or you can leave.

Michael

No i walk around in just a uniform, as for a job, they pay me WELL. I think it is time to just CAN'T...
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

You can chose to enforce the policy or chose not to see it. Tell the dummy to hide it better.
    As for yourself you make the call Milwaukee is an easy place to get shot carrying or not. They gunned down about 6 people so far this year little slow but they will catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by jerp View Post
    No i walk around in just a uniform, as for a job, they pay me WELL. I think it is time to just CAN'T...
    Seems to me it would be dishonest to accept their money and not make ever attempt to do the job they are paying for.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Seems to me it would be dishonest to accept their money and not make ever attempt to do the job they are paying for.

Michael
    See and i agree with you, thats why i do my job, no matter how much i dislike it, although i am not going to be putting my life on it anymore. The down side is i despise hypocrites, now am i forced to be one?

As a security officer w/ a ccw I would reason with them with this same scenario.
    "A free man is he who does not fear to go to the end of his thought."

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Thing I see, you don't feel comfortable being there without a gun because you think there may be danger, so you are thinking about carrying anyway, but you will tell other CCers they have no choice. I'd have to find another place to work, I may not be able to carry there either but I would not have to tell others they couldn't.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

Wear a vest at the very least!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links