Female Neighbor Invades Home

This is a discussion on Female Neighbor Invades Home within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by OldVet You did fine, but a Taurus? I know..... LOL! I don't think she cared what model it was when she saw ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Female Neighbor Invades Home

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    You did fine, but a Taurus?
    I know..... LOL!

I don't think she cared what model it was when she saw that big bore! LOL!
    Spade115 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    All except the part where you opened the door & shoved it into her- I would say that was questionable. Still, it ended well with a conviction so you done good.

WOW! If that had happened to me, I could only think of TWO words, "CENTURY 21", well maybe three words...

Life is tough enough without having bad neighbors. Good luck and get that video surveillance system you always wanted!

One ting to keep in mind, is some people never learn, she might think that since probation is over, she can do what she wants, at the first sign of a problem, call the police, it is still on record........but always maintain situational awareness, as the teenagers are older now too.....
    Bark'n likes this.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    1. buy and hide/camoflauge a game camera onor near your front porch, perhaps on other approaches to your house.

2. Buy a LE grade oc/pepper spray with indelible dye and keepit hear the door--that way you don't have to shoot her, but if you have to spray her for your own protection, the dye won't lie.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Well, I don't always carry at home but have definitely increased the practice. In some ways it almost makes more sense to carry in the house than out, here, at least based on what's happened over the past year--home break-ins and in some cases, it's not just folks who know each other.

Anyway, glad things have worked out so far. These 'attitudes' definitely do exist and near as I can tell, they ALL end up interacting with law enforcement at one point or another. Their basic problem: everything that happens in their lives is someone else's fault. It's what guides every aspect of their miserable existences--which of course can only get more miserable as they confirm themselves each day.
    Last edited by Bongo Boy; January 20th, 2012 at 04:00 PM.
    mano3 likes this.
    “If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.” T Bankhead
    National Mill Dog Rescue www.milldogrescue.org

Certainly there is 'something' spinning around in the Cosmos and waiting to hit her...hope you don't have to help with the 'delivery'...watch your back.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

sounds like you handled it right. Also consider having nonlethal options ready at hand, too. Never hurts, and could save you from having a great big mess on your hands.

A couple of things I'll throw out for you to consider.

Watch your back. Morons, being the morons that they are, rarely learn lessons.

You think she was mad at you before... Don't doubt for a moment that she's not seething inside and harboring a deep seated resentment. The longer it builds, the harder it will be for her not to act out.

She knows you're armed, but you did not shoot her. She might even have the delusion that you really wouldn't shoot her. Be on the lookout for covert or late night acts of retribution and petty vandalism.

Make damn sure you, and your kids don't do anything that can be seen by others (witnesses) as provoking her, or any of her spawn.

Don't dismiss any petty acts of vandalism to your property. Car getting keyed, mysterious flat tires, etc. Always call the police and make a report for every incident. Make sure they actually make a report and file it. Don't let the police try to talk you out of making a report.

Not all LEO's are lazy, but some are, and will just come out and talk with you and try to down play it saying a report isn't necessary. Demand one, it's your right! You don't have to accuse her, and I wouldn't unless you have evidence. But make sure a report with an official report number that can be retrieved later is generated. You don't just want a dispatch log which shows the police responded to your house (there is a difference).

If she ever gives you another verbal confrontation, or threat, immediate pay the fee to get an order of protection.

All that will stand as a record in case she ever goes off the deep end and you need to actually use lethal force to defend yourself.

Trust me, people who swim in her end of the gene pool, rarely learn lessons. They are petty and vindictive people and want instant gratification for their anger. Remember, a stupid person can get the best of you and kill you as easily as any brilliant and maniacal master tactician if you underestimate them, and give them an opportunity.

You've seen your enemy. Don't underestimate her capabilities. And don't discount her willingness to send agents to do her bidding (her kids or other mental midgets).

You don't have to lead a paranoid life, but you can ill afford to be complacent either. Complacency is what gets people killed. Never underestimate your opponent no matter how stupid you think they may be.

Good luck. I hope nothing further comes of this.

For the record, I think you handled the initial situation just fine. Could it have been done differently? Of course. In any number of ways. But the way you chose to handle it was not out of line either.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Her behavior sounds very similar to that of a methamphetamine user.

VIP Member
    Watch your back, from the sound of this woman your troubles aren't over yet.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

This has been a good read, Check your 6, no telling when she will come back at ya but feel she will sooner or later. Seems like there is always someone in the neighborhood that is a bit shakey, never know what they will do. As far as pulling the gun, Justified!!!!!
    US Navy Veteren
    Ruger SP101 357 3" Barrel
    Taurus 65 357 Mag
    Glock 19 Gen3
    Walther PK 380
    www.guntoters.com

I appreciate everyone's words of caution. I am hoping she's learned her lesson and doesn't think that now that the probation period is over that she can resort back to her old ways...

One thing going for me is her very poor health: she's under 5' and about 300 lbs., diabetic, poor heart, smokes like a chimney, etc. But like mentioned above, her nest of children and family (all wards of the state, i.e.: food stamps, disability, unemployment, etc.) may carry out her orders akin to a backwoods mafia.

At least she knows I'm armed and not afraid of her. My other asset (and she knows this) is that I'm very active in the town's neighborhood watch. In fact, during the trial, most of the entire police force stayed to back me up and some officers even testified on my behalf regarding her run-ins with the law. I'm basically the first resident to have stood up to her and pressed charges.

Another note: she and her family are the reason the neighborhood watch was started in the first place!
    accessbob likes this.

sgb
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

I should have known you were from Ala,so am I,pretty typical of people from here,the only thing they understand is a barrel in the face.
    mano3 and Bark'n like this.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links