Female Neighbor Invades Home

This is a discussion on Female Neighbor Invades Home within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by JoJoGunn Wow. Sounds like Sixto's "Hilljack" neighbours on steroids! (See Sixto's thread entitled "Hilljack Neighbours at it Again") Good thing you were ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Female Neighbor Invades Home

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    Wow. Sounds like Sixto's "Hilljack" neighbours on steroids! (See Sixto's thread entitled "Hilljack Neighbours at it Again")

Good thing you were armed and had witnesses. This woman is lucky she didn't feel the pain of searing hot lead just as her life oozed out of her wretched body from the gaping wound created by a .45.

Yet, these people never learn, they feel wronged and vindictive and you probably have not heard the last from them. I would really be on alert now.
    Quote Originally Posted by DocPMD View Post
    Keep an eye out for revenge.

I wish you well.

Doc

^^^^^^^HEED this advice^^^^^^^^^^

Get security cameras, have them profesionally installed if you can.
    Like you said, this low-life has a field day making other peoples lives miserable.
    If she feels she is not going to take the risk , whos to say here bottom feeding family members and their wretched associates aren't willing to perpetrate evil on you???

Did you say this happened over two years ago???
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    A couple of things I'll throw out for you to consider.

Watch your back. Morons, being the morons that they are, rarely learn lessons.

You think she was mad at you before... Don't doubt for a moment that she's not seething inside and harboring a deep seated resentment. The longer it builds, the harder it will be for her not to act out.

She knows you're armed, but you did not shoot her. She might even have the delusion that you really wouldn't shoot her. Be on the lookout for covert or late night acts of retribution and petty vandalism.

Make damn sure you, and your kids don't do anything that can be seen by others (witnesses) as provoking her, or any of her spawn.

Don't dismiss any petty acts of vandalism to your property. Car getting keyed, mysterious flat tires, etc. Always call the police and make a report for every incident. Make sure they actually make a report and file it. Don't let the police try to talk you out of making a report.

Not all LEO's are lazy, but some are, and will just come out and talk with you and try to down play it saying a report isn't necessary. Demand one, it's your right! You don't have to accuse her, and I wouldn't unless you have evidence. But make sure a report with an official report number that can be retrieved later is generated. You don't just want a dispatch log which shows the police responded to your house (there is a difference).

If she ever gives you another verbal confrontation, or threat, immediate pay the fee to get an order of protection.

All that will stand as a record in case she ever goes off the deep end and you need to actually use lethal force to defend yourself.

Trust me, people who swim in her end of the gene pool, rarely learn lessons. They are petty and vindictive people and want instant gratification for their anger. Remember, a stupid person can get the best of you and kill you as easily as any brilliant and maniacal master tactician if you underestimate them, and give them an opportunity.

You've seen your enemy. Don't underestimate her capabilities. And don't discount her willingness to send agents to do her bidding (her kids or other mental midgets).

You don't have to lead a paranoid life, but you can ill afford to be complacent either. Complacency is what gets people killed. Never underestimate your opponent no matter how stupid you think they may be.Good luck. I hope nothing further comes of this.

For the record, I think you handled the initial situation just fine. Could it have been done differently? Of course. In any number of ways. But the way you chose to handle it was not out of line either.

^^^^^^^^^This is good, ^^^^^^^^^

Check that, excellent stuff here nano3, hopefully you are heeding this
    mano3 likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Yes, two years ago this all happened. We keep our guard up and I carry as soon as I come home from work. It stinks that I because I work on a military base that I can't carry at work.

Our arsenal consists of my .45, a .38 revolver (Mom's), a 12g shotgun, a modified SKS and a .22 rifle. The little ones can handle the .22 and .38 while my older son and I can handle everything else. We do range time as a family at least once per month.

We also have two big German Shepherds...
    Bark'n, TN_Mike, pfries and 2 others like this.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Not to scare you, but keep an eye on the dogs. Keep them on a short leash around your property. Don't want them to get poisoned.

People like your scumbag neighbors are a real menace to everyone. We had some like that when we lived in our old house. And it was part of the reason I moved last year. Not the only reason, but part of it none the less.
    tundra, TN_Mike and mano3 like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    OK. I've read through every comment and I don't think this question has been asked, but has there been one single act of aggression or mysterious damage to your property in the 2yrs since this incident occurred?

Just my .02 cents... know the type well, and many times once they know you mean it and will stand up to them and aren't intimidated.... they go find other prey and will generally leave you alone. But, then there are those few who can never quite get the point. So, I'ld stay as alert as you have probably been the last 2 yrs, and handle whatever occurs appropriately. If you have to call the police, the fact she has the past charges , it involved you @ your house, and she was on probation for 2 yrs.... will not weigh well in her favor if she exhibits anymore insanity and or threats.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by DocPMD View Post
    Keep an eye out for revenge.

I wish you well.

Doc
    Indeed

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Mano3: Have you thought of going directly to the Base/Post Provost Marshal's office and, based upon these experiences (and having all the court documents in your possesion) and asking for an exception to policy? For example, you could buy a portable biometric gunvalut safe, and have a deal worked out that when you go thru security at the gate, you give them your gun, safely locked into the gunvault safe, and then when you leave work you pick it back up--then as you drive onto public property, you simply open the safe and pull out your weapon........
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Hopefully she will keep to herself. If it has been 2 years, you probably are on the downward side of things. She seems to have gotten the message. Lots of low life's seem to be impressed with themselves until someone really stands up to them and then they realize that the hot air inside of them is best left inside at least towards those willing to stand up to them.

That being said, with some of the issues I have had (property related, not people related) at my home and office, I am a firm believer in video camera systems. I record 24/7 at both locations, and can view all the cameras from either my home or office and cell phone at any time. If you think that they are likely to do something to the property or have other concerns you might consider something like this. While watching TV at home or at my desk at the office, I can hit a button or two and see who is at the front/rear/garage doors or parking areas of either place. If someone is at the door and I don't want to talk to them, or have them sell me something, I simply ignore the door, no peeking through the hole or looking out curtains or anything.

Good luck and hopefully the family has at least wised up to the fact that you're not a neighbor that will tollerate the BS, and will leave you alone.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Whatever became of the genteel, delicate blooms of Southern Ladies? This incident, and then this one: Suddenly a fistfight broke out and rolled onto the hood of my truck!

Ah do declare, after reading these accounts I do feel a case of the vapors comin' on...
    mano3 likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    OK. I've read through every comment and I don't think this question has been asked, but has there been one single act of aggression or mysterious damage to your property in the 2yrs since this incident occurred?
    Before the court date, she called the school and lied that my kids were attacking her kids and they lured my one dog out of the yard and then called Animal Control that it was attacking children.

After the court date, we've had a dog poisoned (the one they tried to lure) and a tire flattened. We've also been getting lots of trash in our yard.

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by mano3 View Post
    Before the court date, she called the school and lied that my kids were attacking her kids and they lured my one dog out of the yard and then called Animal Control that it was attacking children.

After the court date, we've had a dog poisoned (the one they tried to lure) and a tire flattened. We've also been getting lots of trash in our yard.
    Time for security cameras.
    TN_Mike, mano3 and TVille like this.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Time for security cameras.
    And I would think that on the basis of what happened to cause the probation alone, a restraining order would be something to get as well.

I have had similar situations with neighbors like this. I hated every minute. Luckily, the scum bag family that lived next door to us were just renting the house and all of us on the street went to the landlord with a list of grievances and got them evicted. I doubted at the time that would be the end of it but surprisingly, it was.

I wish you good luck with this problem. Stay alert and watch the dogs.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member
    It looks like the Taurus bull dominated the Mad Cow
    mano3, Boracho and Eyescream like this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Finally had a security system with cameras installed yesterday! Everything is wireless and I can view live camera coverage from my smart phone, Kindle, or via computer using the Internet. What's neat is that if the cameras detect movement, an e-mail is sent with the video clip.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links