Female Neighbor Invades Home - Page 5

Female Neighbor Invades Home

This is a discussion on Female Neighbor Invades Home within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by TN_Mike And I would think that on the basis of what happened to cause the probation alone, a restraining order would be ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Female Neighbor Invades Home

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    And I would think that on the basis of what happened to cause the probation alone, a restraining order would be something to get as well.
    Ditto on getting the restraining order. Get the paper trail established.

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Taurus give Glock owners something to feel superior about.
    We Glock owners pretty much feel superior to everyone and nobody knows where all that confidence comes from. Maybe just because it goes bang every time no matter what.
    Gen 1 G17, Gen 3 G23, Gen 4 G26, 870P, MkIII 678, 10/22 Carbine

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    This could become the new Hilljack thread!
    Not my circus, not my monkeys.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dooga View Post
    We Glock owners pretty much feel superior to everyone and nobody knows where all that confidence comes from. Maybe just because it goes bang every time no matter what.
    Probably because Glock has the "Gunny" for it's spokesperson. "Somebody picked the wrong house"
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by mano3 View Post
    At this point I knew that if she got inside I'd have a real problem on my hands, not to mention my wife and children were in the house. So, out came my Taurus .45 ACP that I always carry. She glanced up and was looking straight down the barrel. It stopped her dead and she and her cronies fled my property. …
    Kinda of reminds me of:

"An armed society is a polite society!"
    mano3 and BenGoodLuck like this.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Put up No Trespassing signs along with a basic security system. Don't know about AL but here in FL if you have the signs up and they are on your property they will be arrested.

I would start the paper trail as well that way you've documented prior behavior before you have to stop the threat.
    Get as many cameras as you can afford

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott View Post
    1. buy and hide/camoflauge a game camera onor near your front porch, perhaps on other approaches to your house.

2. Buy a LE grade oc/pepper spray with indelible dye and keepit hear the door--that way you don't have to shoot her, but if you have to spray her for your own protection, the dye won't lie.
    Yup, I'd have hosed her down in a heart beat after her first attempt to gain entry and after my first "Get off my property" demand... Then call the police right away and let them know the situation.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

So far, so good that she and her cronies staying away. The new alarm system is definetly helping...

The worst that's happened this month is her daughter (12) giving us the bird when they drove by. I also find a lot of junk/fast food garbage in my yard. I know it's their fare of choice, but I aslo live on a corner.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

Careful how and what you post online in reference to the incident in case things escalate to the point of action.
    goldshellback likes this.
    Richard, SFC US Army (Ret)

“Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?
    Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!” ― Patrick Henry

All you can really do is keep picking up their trash and hope your camera's pick up them throwing it in your yard. You get that 'on tape' and it's another sheet to add to the paper trail.

Bravo Zulu on your handling of this situation so far. Keep your noggin straight and on a swivel, they'll mess up again....... they can't seem to help it.
    mano3 likes this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

You pointed a gun at her...were you prepared to use it?

Even though she was in your house was she really a big enough threat that justified shooting her?
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Quote Originally Posted by mano3 View Post
    They were her neighbors. More spectators for her show. They sure scattered like rats when the gun came out!
    My fear would be they wouldn't scatter when the gun came out. I have just made the situation a life and death ordeal. Not saying you were wrong, far from it. I think you did the right thing, it is just something I think about. Pulling a weapon and then being forced to use it is never a good thing.
    Sig35seven likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    You pointed a gun at her...were you prepared to use it?

Even though she was in your house was she really a big enough threat that justified shooting her?
    I think she showed that she was able and willing to inflict grave bodily harm on the OP. Despite numerous requests to leave his property, she violently trespassed through his door and might have physically attacked him and/or his family members. He did the right thing and didn't have to shoot.
    mano3 and ep1953 like this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Quote Originally Posted by bentcursor View Post
    I think she showed that she was able and willing to inflict grave bodily harm on the OP. Despite numerous requests to leave his property, she violently trespassed through his door and might have physically attacked him and/or his family members. He did the right thing and didn't have to shoot.
    I disagree.

She apparently goes through life intimidating people by yelling at them. It does not show she was willing inflict any grave bodily harm. How?

She appeared she was NOT able to inflict (deadly) bodily harm as the OP pointed out...
    "One thing going for me is her very poor health: she's under 5' and about 300 lbs., diabetic, poor heart, smokes like a chimney, etc."

This sounds like slow moving, ill health, fat lady with a loud mouth. Did she have a weapon? Apparently not. How was she going to inflict this deadly harm against him?

She was guilty for trespassing but I don't see this as a deadly threat and I would never have pulled my gun on her. If I pushed her down it would take her 5 minutes to get back up off the floor. I don't need a gun to do that.

At what point did you 'fear for your life' ?

Advocating the use of a gun as a deterrent in a situation like this is bad advice.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    I disagree.

She apparently goes through life intimidating people by yelling at them. I does not show she was willing inflict any grave bodily harm. How?

She appeared she was NOT able to inflict (deadly) bodily harm as the OP pointed out...
    "One thing going for me is her very poor health: she's under 5' and about 300 lbs., diabetic, poor heart, smokes like a chimney, etc."

This sounds like slow moving, ill health, fat lady with a loud mouth. Did she have a weapon? Apparently not. How was she going to inflict this deadly harm against him?

She was guilty for trespassing but I don't see this as a deadly threat and I would never have pulled my gun on her. If I pushed her down it would take her 5 minutes to get back up off the floor. I don't need a gun to do that.

At what point did you 'fear for your life' ?

Advocating the use of a gun as a deterrent in a situation like this is bad advise.
    I didn't know if she had a weapon or not, but I'd heard reports of here waving around a pistol in the past, so I knew she did own a weapon.

She is in bad health, but I was VERY suprised at her rage: she was moving fast and was a lot stonger than I believed her to be. I've never seen a person so enraged and hell-bent. I knew that drawing the gun was the only way to make her stop.

As to having to shoot her; I'd made up my mind to only do that if a weapon appeared. In the meantime I was ready to clock her in the mouth with the pistol if she kept coming.

The cop who did the report was sorry that she didn't enter so I could have shot her. I know that sounds awful, but it shows what a menace to society as well as to the police force she is. In court, the ENTIRE police force testified on my behalf against her.

Bottom line - the whole incident still bothers me and I don't know why she wanted to get inside and what she would have done. I've gone over it a 1,000 times in my head and I know that what I did was the right thing and the ONLY thing that stopped her.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Sponsored Links