Female Neighbor Invades Home - Page 6

Female Neighbor Invades Home

This is a discussion on Female Neighbor Invades Home within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by mano3 I know that what I did was the right thing and the ONLY thing that stopped her. Should have tried a ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Female Neighbor Invades Home

Quote Originally Posted by mano3 View Post
    I know that what I did was the right thing and the ONLY thing that stopped her.
    Should have tried a good right hook. :)
    mano3 likes this.

I didn't know if she had a weapon or not, but I'd heard reports of here waving around a pistol in the past, so I knew she did own a weapon.

You didn't know for a fact that she had a gun. You only heard 'reports' she did. You admit during the confrontation a weapon was never displayed. You don't pull a gun on someone because they may have a gun.

She is in bad health, but I was VERY suprised at her rage: she was moving fast and was a lot stonger than I believed her to be. I've never seen a person so enraged and hell-bent. I knew that drawing the gun was the only way to make her stop.

That's my point...don't pull a gun as a deterrent to make someone stop yelling. If you pull it, better be prepared to use it. Against an un-armed fat/sick lady with diabetes? Tell that to the jury.

As to having to shoot her; I'd made up my mind to only do that if a weapon appeared. In the meantime I was ready to clock her in the mouth with the pistol if she kept coming.

The cop who did the report was sorry that she didn't enter so I could have shot her. I know that sounds awful, but it shows what a menace to society as well as to the police force she is. In court, the ENTIRE police force testified on my behalf against her.

She didn't enter? You said she "invaded your home". Had she entered you would have shot her? Unarmed,broad daylight knowing she was your neighbor?

Bottom line - the whole incident still bothers me and I don't know why she wanted to get inside and what she would have done. I've gone over it a 1,000 times in my head and I know that what I did was the right thing and the ONLY thing that stopped her.

Next time just walk away and close the door. That is much easier than going to court/jail.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Yes anytime you are threatened with grave bodily harm or in some stated property lose you use a tool that will stop that. In this case a gun.

Might have been on drugs too. Crazy violent people at my door are very close to death.

Yes If she had entered my home she was DRT Multiple attempts to tell her to leave my property. What other reason could she have to enter my home but to cause harm to me.

Next time call the cops as soon as she drives up and explain to her the cops are on the way and if you enter my house you will defend yourself to the fullest extent.

That is how I would answer the questions above.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGiant View Post
    Yes anytime you are threatened with grave bodily harm or in some stated property lose you use a tool that will stop that. In this case a gun.

Might have been on drugs too. Crazy violent people at my door are very close to death.

Yes If she had entered my home she was DRT Multiple attempts to tell her to leave my property. What other reason could she have to enter my home but to cause harm to me.

Next time call the cops as soon as she drives up and explain to her the cops are on the way and if you enter my house you will defend yourself to the fullest extent.

That is how I would answer the questions above.
    The question is...when was he "threatened with grave bodily harm"? A sub 5' fat lady screaming doesn't warrant pulling a gun. If she had a lethal weapon yes, I'd agree. She did not.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    I didn't know if she had a weapon or not, but I'd heard reports of here waving around a pistol in the past, so I knew she did own a weapon.

You didn't know for a fact that she had a gun. You only heard 'reports' she did. You admit during the confrontation a weapon was never displayed. You don't pull a gun on someone because they may have a gun.

She is in bad health, but I was VERY suprised at her rage: she was moving fast and was a lot stonger than I believed her to be. I've never seen a person so enraged and hell-bent. I knew that drawing the gun was the only way to make her stop.

That's my point...don't pull a gun as a deterrent to make someone stop yelling. If you pull it, better be prepared to use it. Against an un-armed fat/sick lady with diabetes? Tell that to the jury.

As to having to shoot her; I'd made up my mind to only do that if a weapon appeared. In the meantime I was ready to clock her in the mouth with the pistol if she kept coming.

The cop who did the report was sorry that she didn't enter so I could have shot her. I know that sounds awful, but it shows what a menace to society as well as to the police force she is. In court, the ENTIRE police force testified on my behalf against her.

She didn't enter? You said she "invaded your home". Had she entered you would have shot her? Unarmed,broad daylight knowing she was your neighbor?

Bottom line - the whole incident still bothers me and I don't know why she wanted to get inside and what she would have done. I've gone over it a 1,000 times in my head and I know that what I did was the right thing and the ONLY thing that stopped her.

Next time just walk away and close the door. That is much easier than going to court/jail.
    I appreciate your concern Sig35Seven.

I forgot to mention that she'd been committed a few times for going nuts on folks. She has also been arrested for drug dealing, shoplifting and using her kids to steal and deal. She's threatened numerous families [including mine] that she would kill them in the night and get away with it because she's insane...

Anyway... She's the one that opened the screen door while on my porch [she broke the latch lock]; I tried to shut it but we ended up in a tug of war. She's the one screaming that she's coming inside and that she doesn't have to listen to me. She then ripped out the entire screen and then geared up to charge in. Bottom line: she was coming in [in her mind]! If the screen door lock had held she'd have tore it out anyway. The front door is all glass and I wonder if she would have broken that in all her rage?

The gun made her stop. LEOs said I handled it well and agreed that if I'd hit her she would have sued me and a giant mob fisticuff would have occured on my porch - me against about 12 other people that followed her... No one got shot, no one got hurt and she was convicted.

The whole situation stunk and it bothers me that she had no regard for any rules or anybody. Interestingly, me knowing her past probably saved her life. I was not too suprised she came over with a 'war party' - it's her MO. What if I'd been new to the neighborhood and had no idea about this nut? It might have turned out worse...

I guess the misunderstanding between us is that just because a gun was pulled doens't mean I had to shoot it. I was defending my propery and family and the gun did it's job without hurting anyone and it was available if need be. I don't advocate brandishing, but I wonder how many crimes are stopped when a good guy draws making the BG flee? That's essentially what happened in my mind...
    goldshellback and ep1953 like this.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

Two words: Less Lethal.

Get yourself some pepper spray or something that will keep her, or anyone else for that matter, away from you. A stream to the face will keep them occupied so if you have to put a boot to them to kick them back out of the doorway you can, or whatever you might need to stop them from entering or becoming an actual threat. If they don't stop at that, and continue on, then you have the option of a gun being the last resort.

I certainly don't understand why if she has been dealing drugs, endangering her children by dealing drugs and getting them to steal ect, she still has her children with her or why she isn't in jail.
    mano3, Sig35seven and ducatirider like this.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    Two words: Less Lethal.

Get yourself some pepper spray or something that will keep her, or anyone else for that matter, away from you. A stream to the face will keep them occupied so if you have to put a boot to them to kick them back out of the doorway you can, or whatever you might need to stop them from entering or becoming an actual threat. If they don't stop at that, and continue on, then you have the option of a gun being the last resort.

I certainly don't understand why if she has been dealing drugs, endangering her children by dealing drugs and getting them to steal ect, she still has her children with her or why she isn't in jail.
    She always gets probation - truly amazing...

BTW - I agree with the pepper spray.
    Sig35seven likes this.

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

The question is...when was he "threatened with grave bodily harm"? A sub 5' fat lady screaming doesn't warrant pulling a gun. If she had a lethal weapon yes, I'd agree. She did not.
    In TN forced entry into your home and the law presumes there was intent to harm. Diving at me through a screen door I would respond the same. With my background can I fight Yes do I fight No. I end the conflict period. This is the bases of self-defense, as far as the reports of a gun, more reason to fear. You do not to have to be threatened you have to be "in fear of" by what was stated in the beginning he did not react and did not feel threatened until she violently came through the screen at him. Do I need a disparity of force claim when someone tries to violently come at me?
    ďOh god lord no, you had no right to defend yourself he was the most polite mugger out there his track record shows itĒ
    I do not care how big, small, or what the gender is, if someone comes through a barrier to get at me I am threatened. No ifís andís or butís about it
    MleeC, johnmed3 and ep1953 like this.
    Mors est libertas

MALAD JUSTED

She always gets probation - truly amazing...

BTW - I agree with the pepper spray.
    Maybe you people need to vote in a new DA.
    mano3 likes this.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Then I have been all wrong in my thinking. I have been under the assumption that if someone breaks into my house that they are there to do me harm. Otherwise they would have knocked. So now breaking in is not enough proof of intent? Now after they break in I must determine if they are armed? Once determining if they are armed am I then obligated to determine if the weapon they chose to bring is on the FBI list of weapons with adequate stopping power? Can I use my 45 against them if they only have a .380?

Michael
    mano3, Spade115 and ep1953 like this.

I disagree.

It does not show she was willing inflict any grave bodily harm. How?

She appeared she was NOT able to inflict (deadly) bodily harm as the OP pointed out...

Did she have a weapon? Apparently not. How was she going to inflict this deadly harm against him?

At what point did you 'fear for your life' ?

Advocating the use of a gun as a deterrent in a situation like this is bad advice.

Her being a loud-mouth and pushing her way into the OP's home does not appear to be reason to apply deadly force..? Possibly not (very grey area). The truckload of neighbors cheering her on and 'supporting' her behavior does represent a disparity of force and a mob scene that has a siginificant potential to get out of hand quickly. Wether they participated directly or not with the assult, tresspassing, and terroristic threats....... being out numbered, and his family in the house as well, warrents an escalation of force.

Now, I'm not a lawer or expert in AL state law but being unable to retreat, lock and/or secure his door at that point, and the significant number 'following' her lead...... my sidearm or shotty would've come out as well in a similar situation.

A mob mentality is as volatile and dangerous as a wind-blown brush fire............ JMO.
    mano3 and atctimmy like this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

There definetly was no knock. When she saw me her first words were, 'There you are!' and she grabbed the screen door and tore it open. I pulled back and told her to get off the porch. It was tough trying to keep the door closed [tug-of-war], keeping an eye on her, keeping an eye to my 2 o'clock and her family and keeping an eye to my 10 o'clock at the pick-up truck all at once.

The truck was very bothersome as I had no idea whose it was and who was inside. All I could see was the shadows of at least four people in the cab. It was nuts!

At least nothing has happened again. The only thing they seem to understand is brute force and the law.

Yeah what a maniac. I've known, seen, and even been related to the kind of people that have some bizarre compulsion to assert their right to drag the rest of society down. The feedback here is nice when it feels like the echo chamber, but I'd be pretty apprehensive about sharing stories with potential legal ramifications. Sounds like you waited for convictions. I think you acted appropriately. When you saw the truck loaded up with Back-Up-Losers did you think about going for more gun?

Keep thinking about the guy beaten with brass knuckles, pipes, and paint cans in front of his house... while his sister watched instead of pulling out the AR/AK.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." -Obligatory Founding Father Quote

There definetly was no knock. When she saw me her first words were, 'There you are!' and she grabbed the screen door and tore it open. I pulled back and told her to get off the porch. It was tough trying to keep the door closed [tug-of-war], keeping an eye on her, keeping an eye to my 2 o'clock and her family and keeping an eye to my 10 o'clock at the pick-up truck all at once.

The truck was very bothersome as I had no idea whose it was and who was inside. All I could see was the shadows of at least four people in the cab. It was nuts!

At least nothing has happened again. The only thing they seem to understand is brute force and the law.
    Again, I think you did the best you could have, we can all armchair QB you to death. But do me a favor and keep those crazies in your part of the state, we don't need anymore up here in the Ham.
    mano3 and goldshellback like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterAvis View Post
    Yeah what a maniac. I've known, seen, and even been related to the kind of people that have some bizarre compulsion to assert their right to drag the rest of society down. The feedback here is nice when it feels like the echo chamber, but I'd be pretty apprehensive about sharing stories with potential legal ramifications. Sounds like you waited for convictions. I think you acted appropriately. When you saw the truck loaded up with Back-Up-Losers did you think about going for more gun?
    It happened so quick. I was upstairs and I heard my daughter yell out that Mrs. Nutso was coming. By the time I was downstairs she was already at the door and the truck was in the driveway. If I'd gone fo the shotty she'd already be in the house and that would have been a real bad thing. This whole incident is why I carry at home now...

My biggest saving grace was that my neighbor saw her stomping my way and he knew trouble was brewing. He saw the whole thing and was my witness in court. She threatened him for testifying - pretty bad all around...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Links