Female Neighbor Invades Home

This is a discussion on Female Neighbor Invades Home within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by mano3 She threatened him for testifying Wow... nutty, nutty, nutty.. Sorry for your kid. Innocence is a scarce commodity these days. Stay ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Female Neighbor Invades Home

Quote Originally Posted by mano3 View Post
    She threatened him for testifying
    Wow... nutty, nutty, nutty.. Sorry for your kid. Innocence is a scarce commodity these days. Stay safe.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." -Obligatory Founding Father Quote

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    I think like archer 51, but I would have my c2 tazer nearby if you don't wont to shed blood, that will leave an everlasting impression with her..
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    It's scum like that that we all have to deal with eventually, you did everything you could to handle it, especially with family in the house. I would have sprayed her down with OC spray but I've found not that many people carry it... not sure why, it's the best non-lethal alternative ever made...

I don't think you'll be seeing her anymore haha, but unfortunately you always need to be on the lookout, which sadly most of have to nowadays. It's bad when you can't feel completely safe in your own home.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

I feel bad for the cops who have to deal with this kind of trash.

I'm pissed at the courts for not recognizing the potential for violence when people like this 'always get probation.'

I agree with the people above who say 1) put cameras up and 2) carry less-than-lethal alternatives.
    mano3 likes this.

what brand? and basic setup? im looking into doing this but so many choices that i am paralyzed on making a move.....also, i cant carry all day either, work on the local AFB.
    S&W M&P 9c
    Ruger LCR + P (.38)
    Kahr PM9
    Taurus M851 (.38)

Quote Originally Posted by soonershoote View Post
    what brand? and basic setup? im looking into doing this but so many choices that i am paralyzed on making a move.....also, i cant carry all day either, work on the local AFB.
    We're using Vivint. Gave us a great deal and you can control the system with your smart phone!
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Late to the thread, but what the heck.

Sig35seven- you are exhibiting a classic case of underestimating the opponent. A 300 pound enraged person, fat and 5 feet, is nonetheless nothing to sneeze at.

What if she had gotten inside? 300 pounds coming at you is not easy to stop. What if the OP had been knocked down, and jumped on? 300 pounds is not easy to throw off of you. Was he supposed to risk a potentially life-threatening beating inside his own home?

I think he acted appropriately. So did the local law enforcement and judicial system.
    mano3 and johnmed3 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pir8fan View Post
    We had a kid in our neighborhood who liked to break into our cars. I caught him one night at my home and pinned him in a corner with most of the barrel of my 1911 shoved down his throat. I didn't press charges but I did let him and his parents know next time he would eat a lead slug instead. The neighborhood's been free of car break-ins ever since.
    Be careful ... in NC neither trespassing (except home invasion) nor theft are supported by law for use of deadly force. If the gun were to discharge while you had the muzzle in his mouth you'd be in a world of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by oldrwizr View Post
    Be careful ... in NC neither trespassing (except home invasion) nor theft are supported by law for use of deadly force. If the gun were to discharge while you had the muzzle in his mouth you'd be in a world of trouble.
    Ahhh - I chalk up a lot of that kind of talk here to internet tough guy bravado. If what he wrote was actually true, the thief's parents could file charges for assault with a deadly weapon. Breaking into cars is certainly illegal, but shoving a loaded gun into a kid's face for it is going to get the DA all aflutter. As you stated, in NC you cannot use or threaten deadly force for vehicle burglary or even trespassing. Almost all states except Texas have similar restraints in law. We finally have a good Castle Doctrine law, but jacking up some kid with a gun outside your home over a car break-in will get you locked up.

Why WOULDN'T you press charges? That's how you handle this type of problem legally and safely. Threatening to kill a kid with a gun in his face is simply illegal. I doubt it went down the way it was posted.
    Bark'n and Spade115 like this.

wow, you have more patience than I do. After the first request to to get off my property was ignore, the firearm would enter the exchange.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Links