A pest approached me this morning

This is a discussion on A pest approached me this morning within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; @mlr1m...ROFLMAO!!! I personally like how the scientologist gets an elbow in the solar plexus! That was priceless...

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: A pest approached me this morning

@mlr1m...ROFLMAO!!! I personally like how the scientologist gets an elbow in the solar plexus! That was priceless
    Totus vestri castrum es nostrum possessia

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    Could have just been trying to solicit you for something.. but wearing a hoodie? I would agree caution was the wisest choice. TSA may not be allowed to profile people, but we can. To me hoodie=criminal or criminal in the making.
    Or a hoodie could mean that someone is cold. I normally wear sweaters if I'm going from the car to the store and what not, however if I know I have to walk a long way, I will put on a hoodie or a jacket with a hood to cover my head. I'm not trying to rob no one, I'm just trying to stay warm.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

How bout this. I won't tell anyone how to dress and they won't tell me how to profile. Isn't free choice great?

Michael
    wmhawth and tashunkwitko like this.

Just the other day I was in one of the local Walmart Parking Lots and I usually park way out from the store. I took the time to clean my windshield with some auto windshield cleaner and paper towels when I noticed what looked like a female strolls all the way over(I see her through my vehicle glass with a hoodie ) comes around the side and Speaks "How are you doing" I just stare and she keeps moving, I guess my body language told her that was a good idea and it was, I am so sick and people asking for money lately I guess people figure if you are dressed halfway decent and have a fairly new vehicle that you don't need your own money.
    tashunkwitko likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    My wife suggests taking the magazine, but this would leave one in the chamber still. With $1 SD bullets I don't want to eject and re-chamber them more than I have to. Any suggestions in this regard?
    1) Revolver. . .

2) In my opinion, it seem like you over reacted in this situation. I'm 55 and I wear a Hoodie all the time when it's cold out.

I grew up in Chicago. Go downtown and you'll be lucky to have 2-3 feet of personal space around you at any given time. More likely 12-18 inches. . Ride the CTA during teh commute times and it's more liek 3 inches. . and The idea that someone got 20 feet from you caused such a reaction? . . damn. . . better call in an air strike.
    Vaquero 45 likes this.
    Somewhere in the Pacific NW

Quote Originally Posted by lordofwyr View Post

Once you assume a 100lb. woman could not be a threat to you, you have skipped a groove in your safety continuum
    No one is assuming that a 100 lb women can't do harm. .

But yelling at someone who is 20 feet away because they are wearing a hoodie and because he was caught unaware. It's one thing to be cautious and aware. It's another to be paranoid and over react.

She was behind him, walking the same direction as him. Maybe she was just heading the same direction as him. Maybe she just wanted to stand in the bus stop and wait for the bus just like he was planning on doing. Maybe someone coming up behind you is just exercising their right to go somewhere.

"Yes officer. . I was walking to the bus stop when this guy in front of me just stopped and turned around and started yelling at me. I was so scared I pulled my can of mace and sprayed him in the face"
    Spade115 likes this.
    Somewhere in the Pacific NW

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    As I was walking around my neighborhood after cleaning my S&W Model 457 .45 pistol, I then stopped at a convenient store just to get something like a snack or drink. Outside the store, 2 black teen in dreads were staring at me and whipering to one another. Glanced them back while maintaining my distance and then went inside. I then went outside to finish my mango juice and then those same 2 teens are still outside the store doing the same thing. I then glanced at them again. One of them then asked me why I am looking at him. I glanced at him again and went on my way. One was observing me at the curb as I was walking to the opposite direction. I then continued on my way while keeping calm while maintaining my situational awareness for assymetrical threats. No escalation, no bloodshed but I was ready to defend myself if needs be. Also had my H&K USP, OC, and tactical knife too.

RKM
    Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    Could have just been trying to solicit you for something.. but wearing a hoodie? I would agree caution was the wisest choice. TSA may not be allowed to profile people, but we can. To me hoodie=criminal or criminal in the making.
    I wear a hoodie everyday. Often with the hood up, mostly because I'm cold. It's ok, I'm not offended :)

Quote Originally Posted by TravisABQ View Post
    Do you live in Mayberry?

I don't, never found the place.

Have you ever taken a 4x4 upside the back of your head, or have a dozen "YUTES" try to kill you?

I have.

Returning someones keys or dropped wallet does not entail sneakery.

Act sneaky and I'll treat you like you have something to be sneaky about.
    actually, i do live in Mayberry. y'all come on and i will buy you a pork chop sandmich

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Storm View Post
    As I was walking around my neighborhood after cleaning my S&W Model 457 .45 pistol, I then stopped at a convenient store just to get something like a snack or drink. Outside the store, 2 black teen in dreads were staring at me and whipering to one another. Glanced them back while maintaining my distance and then went inside. I then went outside to finish my mango juice and then those same 2 teens are still outside the store doing the same thing. I then glanced at them again. One of them then asked me why I am looking at him. I glanced at him again and went on my way. One was observing me at the curb as I was walking to the opposite direction. I then continued on my way while keeping calm while maintaining my situational awareness for assymetrical threats. No escalation, no bloodshed but I was ready to defend myself if needs be. Also had my H&K USP, OC, and tactical knife too.
    Ohhhhh - scary......black teens...dreads......staring....

Good job keeping calm and not deploying your entire arsenal on them....

At least you would have shot them down with a clean pistol. That's important. The jury would see you were a concientious gun owner.

If you spotted them outside the store and felt they could possibly be a threat, why did you go in and risk your life for some mango juice? When I see potential trouble, I am not interested in proving anything or thinking, "I have a right to do this or that." I just go the other way. It makes life simpler for me. You obviously weren't overly concerned about being violently assaulted, or you wouldn't have continued on your quest for refreshment.
    Last edited by MadMac; February 10th, 2012 at 01:38 PM.

We were standing outside a convenience store waiting for a friend. This one guy approached the store and was staring at us. Our SA went up because there was a hint of Hoppes #9 in the air, obviously from a freshly cleaned and loaded S&W 457 .45 pistol. He came out shortly after with a beverage and was staring at us again. Obviously up to no good. Why would he finish his beverage outside my friend asked? I then asked why he was looking at us. With a dismissive glance he left, I am sure to find other "threats" out there, assymetrical or not.
    MadMac, Rotorblade and bentol888 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    Ohhhhh - scary......black teens...dreads......staring....

Good job keeping calm and not deploying your entire arsenal on them....

At least you would have shot them down with a clean pistol. That's important. The jury would see you were a concientious gun owner.

If you spotted them outside the store and felt they could possibly be a threat, why did you go in and risk your life for some mango juice? When I see potential trouble, I am not interested in proving anything or thinking, "I have a right to do this or that." I just go the other way. It makes life simpler for me. You obviously weren't overly concerned about being violently assaulted, or you wouldn't have continued on your quest for refreshment.
    At first, I was guessing they were eyeing on me just to be aware too. But only when they eyed on me on me again after I exited the store, it became of a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    We were standing outside a convenience store waiting for a friend. This one guy approached the store and was staring at us. Our SA went up because there was a hint of Hoppes #9 in the air, obviously from a freshly cleaned and loaded S&W 457 .45 pistol. He came out shortly after with a beverage and was staring at us again. Obviously up to no good. Why would he finish his beverage outside my friend asked? I then asked why he was looking at us. With a dismissive glance he left, I am sure to find other "threats" out there, assymetrical or not.
    My S&W 457 .45 ACP was at home locked up in a safe after it was cleaned and oiled. Instead, I carried my H&K USP .40 S&W on my shoulder holster as I was walking in the street

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    As I was walking around my neighborhood after cleaning my S&W Model 457 .45 pistol, I then stopped at a convenient store just to get something like a snack or drink. Outside the store, 2 black teen in dreads were staring at me and whipering to one another.
    This would have gotten my SA up too. I also don't have a problem with profiling.
    Glanced them back while maintaining my distance and then went inside.
    Good tactical move, making eye contact with them. It shows them that you are not a sheep that is praying "please don't see me".
    I then went outside to finish my mango juice and then those same 2 teens are still outside the store doing the same thing. I then glanced at them again. One of them then asked me why I am looking at him.
    I think you just confirmed your suspicious about their character.
    I glanced at him again and went on my way. One was observing me at the curb as I was walking to the opposite direction. I then continued on my way while
    keeping calm while maintaining my situational awareness for assymetrical threats. No escalation, no bloodshed but I was ready to defend myself if needs be. Also had my H&K USP, OC, and tactical knife too.
    Sounds like appropriate action to me.

You did very well

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Links