A pest approached me this morning

This is a discussion on A pest approached me this morning within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Jason Storm As I was walking around my neighborhood after cleaning my S&W Model 457 .45 pistol, I then stopped at a ...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: A pest approached me this morning

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Storm View Post
    As I was walking around my neighborhood after cleaning my S&W Model 457 .45 pistol, I then stopped at a convenient store just to get something like a snack or drink. Outside the store, 2 black teen in dreads were staring at me and whipering to one another. Glanced them back while maintaining my distance and then went inside. I then went outside to finish my mango juice and then those same 2 teens are still outside the store doing the same thing. I then glanced at them again. One of them then asked me why I am looking at him. I glanced at him again and went on my way. One was observing me at the curb as I was walking to the opposite direction. I then continued on my way while keeping calm while maintaining my situational awareness for assymetrical threats. No escalation, no bloodshed but I was ready to defend myself if needs be. Also had my H&K USP, OC, and tactical knife too.
    Sounds to me like after cleaning your .45, you were ready to show off your HK .40. If you were suspicious of two black teens in dreads, going back out side to finish your mango juice while staring them down leads me to believe that you WANTED something to go down. I would suggest to you a refresher course in responsible behavior while carrying. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being prepared but there is absolutely something wrong with prompting a conflict by hanging out with a perceived threat just because you're secure in the fact that you have a .40! Quite frankly, I would have asked you what the hell you were looking at too!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    Could have just been trying to solicit you for something.. but wearing a hoodie? I would agree caution was the wisest choice. TSA may not be allowed to profile people, but we can. To me hoodie=criminal or criminal in the making.
    Uh.... PLEASE do us a favor and not venture outside of your home when Fort Worth has a Trayvone Martin rally (or in the winter)! I don't think you'd have enough bullets to feel safe....

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bentol888 View Post
    Uh.... PLEASE do us a favor and not venture outside of your home when Fort Worth has a Trayvone Martin rally (or in the winter)! I don't think you'd have enough bullets to feel safe....
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
    Exactly!
    Inspector71 likes this.

Let me fix this to say what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    To me hoodie=criminal or criminal in the making.
    adric22 = ignorant.

Criminals sometimes wear hoodies, but not all people who wear hoodies are criminals. Criminals wear pants too sometimes...

Sorry guys, what I meant with the

"To me = ignorant" commment was that the poster I was quoting above making the hoodie statement is ignorant! Haha! Sorry for the confusion.

I am wearing a hoody right now and wear one to the range 3-4 times per week. I promise you I am not a criminal.

Sorry my post was unclear. I love my hoodies and my two sons love theirs :)

I have friend who wears a hoodie frequently. He's a graduate of West Point and a Gulf War vet. He's built and sold two tech companies and is worth tens of millions of dollars. I suppose you'd label him "ignorant" simply for the hoodie.

What's you definition of "ignorant"? Someone who deosn't dress like you?
    My son wears a hoodie almost everyday. He got accepted to Wake Forest and will be attending in the fall. Guess he slipped through the cracks.

Hoodie-wearing scumbag, here. Retired police sergeant, currently employed at a different government agency, drive a Chevy truck and wear a hoodie and jeans 90% of the spring, fall and winter.
    If anyone is blatantly ignorant enough to think that hoodie=criminal, I can't imagine what assumptions they make based on skin color. Same kind of ignorance governs both mindsets.
    My 17 year old son also wears hoodies most of the time. I'll try to avoid Adric22's neighborhood if I ever make it down to Fort Worth. God forbid he's the neighborhood watch captain.
    pacman likes this.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

The events last week exemplify exactly what I was saying in my previous post how you can turn a non event into a tragedy. While the Florida hoodie shooting may turn out to be legally justified, there is no doubt that in my mind at least that it was unnecessary. That an innocent man was needlessly killed murdered. Isn't that the exact opposite of why we carry? Don't we carry to defend life, to avoid tragic loss of innocent life?
    This thread and what happened in Florida are prefect examples how we can create a problem when there was none to begin with. A problem that in turn can quickly escalate into a fatal mistake. A justified killing of another human being is a hard enough thing to deal with. Ask any soldier, LEO, or civilian who has been there done that. I can not even begin to imagine how horrifying it must be to realize that you have needlessly killed an innocent human being, especially a kid for no good reason. Even if you manage to escape legal and civil consequences you will still have to look your self in the mirror and answer up when you are alone in the dark
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    The events last week exemplify exactly what I was saying in my previous post how you can turn a non event into a tragedy. While the Florida hoodie shooting may turn out to be legally justified, there is no doubt that in my mind at least that it was unnecessary. That an innocent man was needlessly killed murdered. Isn't that the exact opposite of why we carry? Don't we carry to defend life, to avoid tragic loss of innocent life?
    This thread and what happened in Florida are prefect examples how we can create a problem when there was none to begin with. A problem that in turn can quickly escalate into a fatal mistake. A justified killing of another human being is a hard enough thing to deal with. Ask any soldier, LEO, or civilian who has been there done that. I can not even begin to imagine how horrifying it must be to realize that you have needlessly killed an innocent human being, especially a kid for no good reason. Even if you manage to escape legal and civil consequences you will still have to look your self in the mirror and answer up when you are alone in the dark
    Maybe l will opine once the facts are known. Until then I won't.

As for this thread, it's become an entitlement program....bloated and its original purpose long forgotten.....
    Last edited by PEF; April 3rd, 2012 at 09:29 PM. Reason: It's an its issue, isn't it.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Links