Suddenly a fistfight broke out and rolled onto the hood of my truck! - Page 4

Suddenly a fistfight broke out and rolled onto the hood of my truck!

This is a discussion on Suddenly a fistfight broke out and rolled onto the hood of my truck! within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by paramedic70002 Please re-read my original and clarifying posts. I did NOT put my hand on my gun. I simply switched from CC ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Suddenly a fistfight broke out and rolled onto the hood of my truck!

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Please re-read my original and clarifying posts. I did NOT put my hand on my gun. I simply switched from CC to OC while the fight was progressing. No one in the group, which I had been aware of for about three minutes, was in a position to see that action. The fight rapidly moved to within a few feet of my driver side door, then stalled. I'm too fat to crawl over two kids and a booster seat in a 1990 F150. Perhaps I'll go back down there and take a picture of the scene, since I am apparently unable to adequately describe it.
    I did re-read it. Sorry I misunderstood.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Very well done!
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

My comment is this.....altho I think that only the person there could judge the situation 100%....is that the introduction of a gun into the situation could be a mistake. OC, hand on/hand off.....a gun was introduced to a fist fight and no one knows if there were any more guns in the group. I would wait before escalating to showing a gun...and I choose 'escalating' carefully because I believe your other first steps were good and probably would have been sufficient to at least momentarily distract them. If you needed to uncover your weapon after that because THEY escalated it by becoming more threatening in some manner....then sure.

But again...only you can estimate the immediate threats in the situation and you kept cool and got your kids out of there. I added my 2 cents only because you asked.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

ShooterX....I love the movie your quote is from and that whole messenger scene is my favorite in the movie.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links