Cops TakeDown Crowbar swinging Idiot - Page 4

Cops TakeDown Crowbar swinging Idiot

This is a discussion on Cops TakeDown Crowbar swinging Idiot within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The second five-shot string doesn't play well, however it gets sliced. I do get it, though. The first five were in just under a second, ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Cops TakeDown Crowbar swinging Idiot

VIP Member
    The second five-shot string doesn't play well, however it gets sliced. I do get it, though. The first five were in just under a second, and the second officer reacted.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Curious, but why hang onto the dog? I suppose the dog could have been injured (or killed), and those dogs are a partner, life long buddy too.
    If the perp turns and runs, let the dog chase him down. Otherwise keep your gun trained on him and the dog by your side.

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    this is running somewhere else and the article says that its under question. why did they have to use deadly force? well the guy had a weapon but why did they have to shot him 10 times, comeone the first five at that range did the job and then the second cop plugs him when he is down again. that to me is exessive

Questions over Carl's Jr. police shooting | abc7.com
    He was still on his feet when the second Officer fired, I suggest you watch the video a little closer.
    All_Business and SigHawk like this.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

He was still on his feet when the second Officer fired, I suggest you watch the video a little closer
    the first 5 shots he doubled over and the second 5 shots looked like they were in the back. where they necessary? to the general public that looked bad. when I go deer hunting I don't shoot the deer ten times for a kill, sorry he didn't look like a threat arter the first 5 shots

sgb
    the first 5 shots he doubled over and the second 5 shots looked like they were in the back. where they necessary? to the general public that looked bad. when I go deer hunting I don't shoot the deer ten times for a kill, sorry he didn't look like a threat arter the first 5 shots
    All I can see is the perps head above the car. Other than that his orientation to the second Officer is pretty hard to judge.

When you go deer hunting do the deer try to kill you?
    SigHawk and atctimmy like this.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    All I can see is the perps head above the car. Other than that his orientation to the second Officer is pretty hard to judge.

When you go deer hunting do the deer try to kill you?

it happens and if that was a civilan shooting and shot him in the back the ccw would be charged with murder. the first five shots look like they took all the threat was gone but I did post an article that made the same comment so hate the writers of the article

sgb
    it happens and if that was a civilan shooting and shot him in the back the ccw would be charged with murder. the first five shots look like they took all the threat was gone but I did post an article that made the same comment so hate the writers of the article
    Now you're just flat being foolish.
    atctimmy likes this.

Love reading the comments that say "Why didn't he shoot him in the leg?" These people man...how are people this ignorant the ones everyone seems to listen to. Good shoot, saved his buddies life IMO. He should be proud...RIP scumbag.
    mano3 likes this.
    "When that gun comes out of that holster; it's business time." -Chris Costa

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    So is anyone rethinking the LCP or J frame in the pocket?

First 5 shots and he didn't go down.

Quote Originally Posted by niks View Post
    What I find shocking is the knuckleheads laughing while they are videotaping, as if what they just witnessed was a game or some sort of entertainment.
    They just saw somebody die and keep laughing... Amazing...
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Senior Member Array royal barnes's Avatar

This not a video of a deer attacking a man!!!!! It is a video of a man who sprayed himself with doe urine during the rut to see if he could attract a buck. The deer is not attacking him he is trying to mate with him. The man was not injured. Any deer hunter who has ever seen a buck mating knows that the pawing motion is "foreplay". Watch the entire video to include the interview with the genius. He tells what he did and how stupid he was.

I agree with the first 5 rounds,5 more not so much. If the BG was still a threat why did the first LEO stop shooting?

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish_4_Fun View Post
    I agree with the first 5 rounds,5 more not so much. If the BG was still a threat why did the first LEO stop shooting?
    All we can see is the guys head/shoulders and he's not on the ground. We don't know what they saw or didn't see.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish_4_Fun View Post
    Hard for me to second guess. I wasn't there, I couldn't see what the guy was doing behind the car after the first shots, don't know if he was drugged up, etc.

I'm quite confident the two officers did not go out that morning looking to shoot someone, and now they are likely under a lot of stress.

I read the story regarding the investigation. I'm not for anyone getting killed, but I don't see how the dead guy deserves to be paid respect or memorialized. The implement in his hand looked as though it could cave in a skull, and he made a wind-up move at one of the cops.

Don't get me wrong, there should and will be an investigation. But the public reaction is a sad reminder of how thankless the job of being a LEO can be sometimes.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
    So is anyone rethinking the LCP or J frame in the pocket?

First 5 shots and he didn't go down.
    I'm pretty comfortable with my 60, 637 or 642.

We plan for very unlikely encounters. If I have to spit out more than five rounds, I think I might be in way over my head.

But do what makes you comfortable. Not second guessing any other choice of carry.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links