Bump in the night kit? - Page 2

Bump in the night kit?

This is a discussion on Bump in the night kit? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have to agree with everyone else, just a G23 with a tactical light on a magnetic holster (really like these) on the side of ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Bump in the night kit?

I have to agree with everyone else, just a G23 with a tactical light on a magnetic holster (really like these) on the side of the night stand.

I really like US Palm's idea. Mount a Serpa, extra mags, flashlight, etc.
    Bark'n likes this.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

My bump in the night kit is in this box (G17, 2 spare loaded mags). Flashlight and cell phone on night stand next to it.

Last edited by FAS1; February 1st, 2012 at 07:47 PM.

I already keep my .45 and spare mags along with a 38 for the wife and a couple of Surefires in a pistol safe by the bed! My cell is always on the night stand by the bed! The guns have gotta stay in the safe if I don't have it on me since I have 4 soon to be 5 kids around the house! When I say kit I'm just looking for something to put it in and throw if over a shoulder if I have to investigate a noise! I usually have basketball shorts on around the house at night so kinda short on pockets!

The versatility of the Wilderness Safepacer Concealment Holster is immeasurable.

It can be used at bedside, in the car (on your seatbelt), mounted on a backpack or any number of other ways limited by your imagination?

With the shoulder strap you can just throw it on over your shoulder and still be hands free and don't even have to be dressed to use it. All your gear in one place. Car keys, gun, cell phone, flashlight or whatever. Cell phones can placed inside the accessory pocket or clipped externally to one of the D-rings with your car keys. It even accommodates guns with mounted weapon lights as well as having a handheld flashlight clipped to the strap.

Check out the video on how it can be used to keep your essential gear like your cell phone, flashlight, gun and spare mags at the ready.

Rockymonster likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    The versatility of the Wilderness Safepacer Concealment Holster is immeasurable.

It can be used at bedside, in the car (on your seatbelt), mounted on a backpack or any number of other ways limited by your imagination?

With the shoulder strap you can just throw it on over your shoulder and still be hands free and don't even have to be dressed to use it. All your gear in one place. Car keys, gun, cell phone, flashlight or whatever. Cell phones can placed inside the accessory pocket or clipped externally to one of the D-rings with your car keys. It even accommodates guns with mounted weapon lights as well as having a handheld flashlight clipped to the strap.

Check out the video on how it can be used to keep your essential gear like your cell phone, flashlight, gun and spare mags at the ready.

good idea but it it makes me get that underarm sweating.... no way... pass the guy a stick of underarm deodorant

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    I have a shottie with a sure fire mounted on it ready to go by the bed, don't worry about spare ammo, its on the side saddle, Don't worry about getting dressed because there is nothing scarier than my furry hide coming down the stairs at 1am with a locked and loaded shottie in hand. If the shotgun does not work, me in the buff will.
    tactilame likes this.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

I have a shotgun under the bed & my Springfield 1911 on the night stand. Just think about it.
    "A free man is he who does not fear to go to the end of his thought."

VIP Member
    SW 686+, SW 642, and SW 637. Each fully loaded and in a keypad safe that fits into my drawer. Flashlight, and, now, cell phone.

No kit. Just necessities close at hand. Clothes laid out next to bed. No light colors! No GI Joe BS either. Boots open, laces prepped if needed. Glasses, spare glasses in dresser. Cell phone on charger. Primary and secondary weapon cond I and II. 2 Surefire w/ fresh bats. One mounted on 12 ga. Note-I no longer check on anything OUTSIDE my home.Thats what police are for.If someone is in my garage I may consider launching a bird/bear banger in there just out of spite...

wish list- good NVGs IE;PVS-7A
    RIP Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    I have a Glock and a flashlight. Giddy up!
    Bark'n and Hopyard like this.
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Senior Member Array Crescentstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speculator View Post
    Web belt I can grab and/or sling over my shoulder. Hearing protection, cell phone, camera, flashlight, extra mags, one for each gun, maybe pepper spray. I would suggest not to have your only flashlight attached to your firearm because that would require breaking rule #1 about not indexing your firearm at anything you don't intend to destroy.
    Hearing protection? A camera??

electronic earmuffs that amplify low level sounds, and/or muffle loud ones. I can hear a mouse fart all the way in the tv room! flashlight with strobe feature, big scary knife

wife stays in safe room with cell phone, flashlight and knife. If needed there is access to the crawlspace through the bedroom closet.

Senior Member Array Crescentstar's Avatar
    OK. Still not understanding what we need to photograph though...............

Quote Originally Posted by Crescentstar View Post
    OK. Still not understanding what we need to photograph though...............
    The look on the BG's face when he breaks through the bedroom door and sees him holding so many things at once
    Hopyard likes this.
    "Shoot low boys, they're riding Shetland ponies." -Lewis Grizzard

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links