Bump in the night kit? - Page 3

Bump in the night kit?

This is a discussion on Bump in the night kit? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Nicegy525 electronic earmuffs that amplify low level sounds, and/or muffle loud ones. I can hear a mouse fart all the way in ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Bump in the night kit?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicegy525 View Post
    electronic earmuffs that amplify low level sounds, and/or muffle loud ones. I can hear a mouse fart all the way in the tv room! flashlight with strobe feature, big scary knifewife stays in safe room with cell phone, flashlight and knife. If needed there is access to the crawlspace through the bedroom closet.
    Great idea if you're being robbed by a Thanksgiving Day turkey.

tactical vest hangs beside my bed with glock26 extra mags lenser flashlight cold steel spike 5 rounds of buckshot for 870 sitting in corner

Mine consists of a Mossberg 500 12ga with mounted tac light and side saddle shell holder. Has a butler creek folding stock with pistol grip too. If that doesn't do it, nothing will.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

I really like the looks of that Wilderness Holster but at like $80! I don't think so!! But I would like to find something similar to carry a spare mag, flashlight, phone and gun if need be!

For the $80.00 range I have been considering this Maxpedition Remora. More for day trips and hikes than anything else. This is long but it's a good review of the product if you are interested.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    The details of that encounter would be stuffed with exaggeration and jucy details.
    atctimmy and Hopyard like this.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Just the two of us. G-21 w/rail flashlight on my night stand. In our safe room is a a 12ga w/forearm flashlight, cell phone, hot thermos of coffee, a laptop to post the play by play on here and to play a little solitaire while while waiting for the PD to show up. If I need more than 13 +1 for the Glock or 8+1 for the shotty, I'm in serious trouble anyway in which case I'll just turn these guys loose.

DSCN1846.JPG

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Did not read all replies carefully but do see firearm ( handgun near bed and maybe a shotgun within easy reach) and flashlight and cell phone. Add to this your remote car alarm. In my home (just wife and I and no one else anywhere in house) I would add the following. I lock the bedroom door and put a wedge under it at bottom. If there is a "bump in the night" I call 911, I activate the car alarm, I retrieve the shotgun and, together with the handgun, I position myself behind the side of the dresser that is off to the side of the door (with a clear look at the opening side of door) and wait--I will not leave my bedroom. Everything outside the bedroom is "stuff" that is insured and replaceable. The BGs doing the "bumping" may be better at this gunstuff than me----I am insured but I am not replaceable--I will not leave the bedroom until they are either gone or police have arrived and ended the "bumping". If the BG decides to defeat my locked door, he will die.
    MadMac, AZJD1968 and Luckey1115 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicegy525 View Post
    electronic earmuffs that amplify low level sounds, and/or muffle loud ones. I can hear a mouse fart all the way in the tv room! flashlight with strobe feature, big scary knife

wife stays in safe room with cell phone, flashlight and knife. If needed there is access to the crawlspace through the bedroom closet.
    You really think your wife is going to try to defend herself with a knife? That's a brutal, up close tactic which I doubt many females would be willing to do. I think you should both train in tandem with firearms.
    Hopyard likes this.

Hi Point JHP .45 cal. - flashlight - 9in. Bowie knife - cell phone

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    draws under bed contain e-muffs, 3 cell flash and BHP. and Radio Shack allows us to turn lights on remotly

so i can hear them and if they are there....they will be back lit.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    Good point, though it depends on what he knows how to do with that knife. Tomahawks are good too. If there is anyone else here old enough to remember Tonto and Johnny Carson, you get it. If you are younger, ferget it. Too much splainin needed.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

XD, 00...........simple kit.

Our two pits pretty well take care of any bump in the night or even in the day. I would rather be shot then deal with the two of them if I entered this house unwanted. Plus there is my carry piece on my night stand with attached light plus a small tac light an a 870 under my side of bed.

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    -H&K USP .40, Spyderco Endura 4 tactical folder, and Surefire 6P Defender tactical flashlight on the nightstand
    -fannypack holster containing S&W Model 457 .45, Surefire C2 Centurion tactical flashlight, Kabar fighting knife, holstered cellphone, key to the long gun cabinet (contains my AR-15 carbine and other reserve ammo for each of my guns), and spare mags for both handguns
    -sonic earmuffs
    -Mossberg 590 12-ga. with a sling
    -first aid kit in the saferoom closet

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links