Bump in the night kit?

This is a discussion on Bump in the night kit? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok if this is the wrong section feel free to move it. I am wondering if anyone has a kit set up to grab if ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Bump in the night kit?

Bump in the night kit?

Ok if this is the wrong section feel free to move it. I am wondering if anyone has a kit set up to grab if you are startled awake at night and what all does it consist of? I am thinking of getting some sort of nite-ize pouch or something similar to put a spare mag, flashlight, and a knife in if the need should arise! I am sure many of you have already put together something similar and I would just like to hear some imput on what others come up with!
    Thanks

2. Remove Ads

My totally-tactical super-expensive kit consists of my gun, two spare mags and a flashlight in my nightstand drawer next to my bed. If it's not there it's either on my person or in the safe :)
    "Shoot low boys, they're riding Shetland ponies." -Lewis Grizzard

VIP Member
    Welcome to the forum.

No special "kit" set up, but I have a Ruger Security 6 that resides in my night stand along with a flashlight.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

My bump in the night kit on my nightstand includes a .45 auto, spare mag, 130 lumens flashlight, phone, and a jumpsuit and slippers.

For me it's a pair of jeans and slip on shoes by the bed. A Glock 23, Surefire flashlight and cell phone on the nightstand.

I keep my Sig P226 and a spare magazine near the bed - two steps away. I want to be awake enough to know what I am doing. I also have a flashlight and a cell phone on my nightstand.

That said, I don't need a robe, slippers, or clothes as I am not going anywhere if I hear a prowler in the house. We keep the bedroom door locked. We are empty nesters and will call 911 and wait inside the bedroom. I am not looking to confront a bad guy doing bad things. The cops get paid for that. If somone rattles that bedroom doorknob, that's another story.

Glock 23, 2 spare mags, Flashlight and Cell Phone.. no special kit it just sits in the drawer.

SP-101 (wife is more comfortable with revolver), flashlight, and cell phone on night stand - 2 speed loaders in night stand drawer - Jeans and slippers on end of bed.

Must be careful about bumps in the night in my house, it could be one of the cats. Barks in the dark are much more alarming!
    ruger91 likes this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Hrm, I may have to check out this upcoming product, the tactical robe: Tactical Pajamas and Robe "Get You Some" - YouTube

Beamshot,

I really don't feel the need for any type of 'kit'. A cell phone (land lines are often cut to disable alarm systems), my pistol, and maybe an extra mag.

Regarding the flash light, I personally see very well in the dark. In a dark home, if I switched on a flash light it would probably stun my eyes.

One more thing. I think having a plan is far more valuable than having a 'kit'. What is the role of the wife or girlfriend? Have you thought about the most effective way to navigate the floor plan in YOUR house if needed? Have you thought about how you go around corners; I prefere weak hand out, strong hand in the low-ready position.

Just my 2cents.
    Beans likes this.

My simple "kit" is a short, dual pistol-grip, 12ga with light already attached and loaded with 7 rounds of 00-buckshot which all lays nicely in a little rack along the top of my side bedrail.

Web belt I can grab and/or sling over my shoulder. Hearing protection, cell phone, camera, flashlight, extra mags, one for each gun, maybe pepper spray. I would suggest not to have your only flashlight attached to your firearm because that would require breaking rule #1 about not indexing your firearm at anything you don't intend to destroy.

Glock with an X300 attached and cell phone.

No kit, just an 870 or an SR9c ready to go into action.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglebeak View Post
    My simple "kit" is a short, dual pistol-grip, 12ga with light already attached and loaded with 7 rounds of 00-buckshot which all lays nicely in a little rack along the top of my side bedrail.
    Easy to fabricate with PVC pipe and a few fittings.
    Attached Images
    babarock and 68blackbird like this.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links