Taco Truck robbery

This is a discussion on Taco Truck robbery within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; http://<embed width="576" height="32...ss="always" /> Check out this video. Some fools tried to rob my favorite taco truck in the Fruitvale district the other night. Well ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taco Truck robbery

Taco Truck robbery

http://<embed width="576" height="32...ss="always" />

Check out this video. Some fools tried to rob my favorite taco truck in the Fruitvale district the other night. Well El Chef turned out to be an aspiring El Mariachi. This is why I think CA needs to issue more CCW permits.
    What are your thoughts and inputs on how this guy handled the situation...as we can see things get funky really fast. I mighta made amad dash around the back of the SUV before firing.
    Totus vestri castrum es nostrum possessia

2. Remove Ads

oooops here is the vid...pretty good footage I might ad. ( I couldnt figure how to embed on my original post)

Taco-truck shootout caught on video | Crime Scene | an SFGate.com blog

tashunkwitko,

The video is not accessible to people that don't live within your region. A lot of news site limit their streaming/bandwidth to people who live in the area.

Perhaps you could upload the video to youtube or something.. I would be interested in watching it.

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    In Oklahoma City, I was able to watch it.

You see 2 robbers pointing guns at the truck, then someone in the truck shoots one of them; the other takes off FAST.
    Then the one who was shot gets up and tries to get away, but falls down a couple of times. Meanwhile the shooter in the truck comes out trying to chase down the wounded guy, then its over.

Looks justifiable to me; but this was San Francisco? Yikes!
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

I could watch it,This goes to show that even tho the suspect was hit and went down,once he got up he was able to scale a fence and keep going.That is one reason to maintain cover while calling 911.Dang now I'm hungry for a taco
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

The Taco Tough victim shoots and also moves to cover...nice move in a dangerouw situation.
    I hope the victim has a fast recovery, the dirtbags...a speedy trial.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    No info on legality of firearm on the taco guy. This is fruitcake CA and complete fruitcake San Fran. Would not surprise me to find out that the taco guy goes to jail and the two "underprivleged--momma says they are good boys" sue.

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I could watch it,This goes to show that even tho the suspect was hit and went down,once he got up he was able to scale a fence and keep going.That is one reason to maintain cover while calling 911.Dang now I'm hungry for a taco
    Also shows that just because the BG falls to the ground does not mean he is done fighting. After he fired from the ground he needed 3 or 4 more rounds in him. BG goes down quick but there may have been time to shot more than 1 if you had practiced shooting on the move.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

Weather the gun was legal or not, it may have saved his life.
    tashunkwitko likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Talk about flopping like a fish out of water. I hope the perps future cell mates don't see this video or they will be calling him " Flounder". The driver did an excellent job. Hard to imagine drawing on someone that has a gun pointed at you at about four ft away.
    tashunkwitko likes this.

I wish I could see the taco truck driver when he shoots. Unfortunately, his position in the video is too dark and I can't see what he's doing. I just wonder how he was able to pull a weapon and shoot the BG since the BGs already had a weapon pointed at him.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Good for the business owner...Cover and concealment, then fire...He did good...

Quote Originally Posted by Bill MO View Post
    Also shows that just because the BG falls to the ground does not mean he is done fighting. After he fired from the ground he needed 3 or 4 more rounds in him. BG goes down quick but there may have been time to shot more than 1 if you had practiced shooting on the move.
    Yeah that was rather remarkable, how the BG was able to get up and high tail it outa there like a lil b#$%*.

I am surprised the vic didn't try to plug a couple more in the turd when it was on the ground like Bill MO suggested. Makes me wonder what kinda caliber the Taco man was packing. I doubt he had a semi-auto 40 or sig 357. I do agree with other posters that its rather amazing how the victim is able to pull out and get a shot off, even after the hoodlum has already drawn his weapon.

What was really sad is that the Taco truck guy moments earlier took off his bullet proof vest to go outside and clean up right before closing....

kelcarry as far as legality, the Taco man is being hailed as a hero in the local community. OPD is more concerned with the BG's. BTW this happened in Oakland...not quite the fruitcake land u described- if u never been out here just imagine a west coast Detroit...heck SF is pretty much the same as Oakland, meaning guns, gangs, thugs among 3.5 million decent citizens in the Bay Area. In fact quite alot of folks out here have the UOCCW (Un-Official Concealed Carry Weapons permit). Many of us are just too dang tired of the trash robbing families of innocent lives.

Dukal...this truck has the best dang burritos, steak Tortas (sandwich with frijoles and guacamole), and their Al pastor (spicy pork) tacos are the best on Norcal. Now I am hungry too!

I

The link started working for me this morning.... Cool...

I agree with everything said above. The mistake the taco truck driver did make was taking his vest off while closing up shop, that's one of the riskiest time.

Regarding the other food truck vendor, I admire his determination but I cringed seeing his finger on the trigger of that little Beretta he was showing the reporter.

tashunkwitko, UOCCW??? I assume that was a joke, just not sure. Some states issue by the county only, some are state wide, some do other weird stuff. California, well, yah never know.... :-)

That Taco guys gun looks small. Like a .25 caliber perhaps?
    One more step and it's on!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links