in diner and this happens... would you be ready?

This is a discussion on in diner and this happens... would you be ready? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok this is a scenario, and is played out. I sit at work and watch these from the personal defese network on youtube and frequent ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: in diner and this happens... would you be ready?

Ok this is a scenario, and is played out. I sit at work and watch these from the personal defese network on youtube and frequent DC, (boring job, and dont do much). This video brings up a great point, and how many have thought of this. I figured i would share it. Especially with WI just passing ccw, did they instruct this in CCW classes or in other states even, on what to do how to react..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m1c...e_gdata_player
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Good video thank you for sharing. Communication is huge along with keeping your wits about you to determine who is a threat and who is not. They make a very good point when showing the 2nd CC seeing the BG still had a gun the first CC'er couldn't see from his view point. Would be a stressful situation one needs to open his eyes and ears 360 degress.

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Posted below Video

Key points: 1) Announcing your intentions allows: a) the threat a chance to make a better decision & save his life, b) u to look safer/saner to first responders & a jury (if necessary), c) others will know that u are responding to the threat & not the threat. 2) Just like looking where people are looking can help u find the threat in a crowded area, looking at where guns are pointing can help u find the good guys. Good guys will be pointing at the threat & know u are not the threat due to 1),c).

What if the man claiming to be a CWP holder was lying. After he starts to holster his weapon and your eyes turn to the original BG, the second BG draws & fires upon you. Remember-NOTHING is as it seems.
    yooperdug likes this.

Good video. Thanks for sharing.

I would be ready. My fear is that others would not be..
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    I would be ready. My fear is that others would not be..
    Im with you on that, but say another CCP holder was there, how would you react? Like handle the situation
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

Quote Originally Posted by jerp View Post
    Im with you on that, but say another CCP holder was there, how would you react? Like handle the situation
    Communicate with loud and strong verbal commands for him to holster his weapon. If he complies we are good, if not I will assume he might be a threat. My weapon will remain in High compressed ready. If he proves that he is a good guy, I will Holster my weapon, and wait for the PD. All of this assumes that the scenario plays out like the video. Of course this is only one scenario of many possible..
    CowboyColby likes this.

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Better to eat at this diner:

Bulletman65 likes this.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Another reason to not act like an LEO and take prisoners. CHPers should shoot the threat down. If you don't want to be mis-IDed as a killer and shot yourself, yell something WHILE you are shooting, and after. Hopefully the shooting will be over before anyone else reacts. Or it will be over before you, the second CHPer, refocus on the new potential threat.

"Drop the (BANG) gun!" (BANG BANG)

"Call 911!" (BANG) "Call the police!"
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Communicate with loud and strong verbal commands for him to holster his weapon. If he complies we are good, if not I will assume he might be a threat. My weapon will remain in High compressed ready. If he proves that he is a good guy, I will Holster my weapon, and wait for the PD. All of this assumes that the scenario plays out like the video. Of course this is only one scenario of many possible..
    Why do you think your directions should be followed and his not. He must comply with your commands but not you with his. I would like to hear an explaination on that one.

Has he threatened you or anyone else in the place? His having a gun without the threat of robbery or injury to another puts him in the same possition as you.

Back to the original video. They make some good points, but fail to address the mass hysteria that will be taking place by all the other people in the establishment.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    Why do you think your directions should be followed and his not. He must comply with your commands but not you with his. I would like to hear an explaination on that one.

Has he threatened you or anyone else in the place? His having a gun without the threat of robbery or injury to another puts him in the same possition as you.

Back to the original video. They make some good points, but fail to address the mass hysteria that will be taking place by all the other people in the establishment.
    If Im the one who took the BG down, he might want to listen..That is the reason. If you drop the BG you will be under extreme stress. Like I said in my earlier post (which I assume you read the whole post) All of this assumes that the scenario plays out like the video. There are many more scenarios that can happen. I followed this one, and answered the question of the OP....Of, would you be ready? and once again, for your benefit. Yes I would

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    Blue Bloods last night had the dumbest opening when he put his entire family at risk and all he had to engage with was his back-up.

in the restraunt you moving to stand (dumb) will draw his attention and between you & him is your woman.

the sceanero as set up has me to be prepared but no gun or words till he actually pulls his trigger.
    let him take the money and run. but if he fires, i'll return fire.

fail to address the mass hysteria that will be taking place by all the other people in the establishment

for sure people are going to do the unexpected...screaming, fainting and possibly running into danger.
    just too many ways to set the stage to give a answer that satisifies all.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

If a man walks into a diner and starts waving a gun around and another CHP shoots him I am not going to get involved. He can have all the glory and headaches that go along with it
    jerp and TonyDTrigger like this.

If Im the one who took the BG down, he might want to listen..That is the reason. If you drop the BG you will be under extreme stress. Like I said in my earlier post (which I assume you read the whole post) All of this assumes that the scenario plays out like the video. There are many more scenarios that can happen. I followed this one, and answered the question of the OP....Of, would you be ready? and once again, for your benefit. Yes I would
    So you're going to get into a gun fight or shoot an innocent person just because "you're the one who took the BG down"?
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links