beware of old men

beware of old men

This is a discussion on beware of old men within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I was driving home from buying first glock...got delayed. I didn't wear a gun because I had planned on trying on holsters for the ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: beware of old men

beware of old men

So I was driving home from buying first glock...got delayed. I didn't wear a gun because I had planned on trying on holsters for the glock. While driving I slowed down for someone driving crazy in front of me and this guy, late 60s I'd guess started honking and giving me the finger. I gave it back and that was that. About 10to miles down the road we meet at the light. He starts yelling and cussing me. This guy started saying pull over and ill kick your ass. Although I wanted to pull over I didn't I told him my baby was in the car he said he didn't give a ... well you know. I was way outgunned if something would of happened all I had was a lcp in my pocket. I ended up driving away when the light turned and he followed me pulled in front and stood on the breaks. I just stopped and let him drive off. I will never leave home without a bigger gun again.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DW1911fan View Post
    So I was driving home from buying first glock...got delayed. I didn't wear a gun because I had planned on trying on holsters for the glock. While driving I slowed down for someone driving crazy in front of me and this guy, late 60s I'd guess started honking and giving me the finger. I gave it back and that was that. About 10to miles down the road we meet at the light. He starts yelling and cussing me. This guy started saying pull over and ill kick your ass. Although I wanted to pull over I didn't I told him my baby was in the car he said he didn't give a ... well you know. I was way outgunned if something would of happened all I had was a lcp in my pocket. I ended up driving away when the light turned and he followed me pulled in front and stood on the breaks. I just stopped and let him drive off. I will never leave home without a bigger gun again.
    So...you are carrying and you decide to escalate a potentially violent situation by returning the finger?

Stop carrying until you start thinking. Then, when you start thinking, think about what you did. When you realize what you did wrong, then, and only then, think about whether you should resume carrying.

Watch out for crotchety old farts. One day you will be one yourself..
    BkCo1, yooperdug and tcox4freedom like this.

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    Don't give it back for one thing
    tcox4freedom likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Watch out for crotchety old farts. One day you will be one yourself..
    Maybe maybe not with that attitude
    wmhawth and Hopyard like this.

Yes I gave the finger back. I know I shouldn't have but wow really stop carrying. I don't think so sir and no I know people have bad days but I don't see myself like this guy when I get that age.

To Heck with just a bigger carry piece, surely you could mount a .50 cal machinegun in the fender and when they pull ahead and slam on the brakes, you could just vaporize 'em.

Nope, on second thought, you didn't need a gun at all... You could have just rammed him, pushed him off the road and been done with it.

Nope, on third thought... you need some attitude adjustment...
    Guest1, msgt/ret, JDE101 and 1 others like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Well you did the right thing by not getting out of the car and letting him drive off but still you escalated it.
    bmcgilvray and tcox4freedom like this.

I was driving a grand prix. Him a 3/4 Chevy. My ramming would of ended very fast

VIP Member
    Yes I gave the finger back. I know I shouldn't have but wow really stop carrying. I don't think so sir and no I know people have bad days but I don't see myself like this guy when I get that age.
    PEF has a point. You're either mature enough to shrug off an offensive gesture or not. Until you are, leave the gun at home.

It sounds like you already are like this guy, at your age.

Don't put yourself in a situation that can be turned on you. If anybody saw you give 'im the finger they could say you provoked him (which you did by escalating it). The least it could cost you is to lose your cc license and I'm not even mentioning a murder conviction
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

Refund

The only thing worse than no training is poor training.

Your profile says you are a firearms instructor. Whomever taught you threat management owes you a refund. Please receive some creditable training before you pass this on .

I was driving a grand prix. Him a 3/4 Chevy. My ramming would of ended very fast
    \

Nah, you get yer nose under them rear wheels/axle... you can push 'em most anywhere.

Look, you only need your weapon in the Gravest Extreme. His finger wasn't gonna kill you or cause you any grave bodily injury/harm... The best and most successful gunfight you will ever survive is the one you didn't attend.

Carrying isn't a "game" of rock, paper, scissors. It's rock, paper, scissors for life.

There is no "force continuum" for the fickle finger of fate, you laugh it off, and go on your way. Away from the "meanie."

I can guarantee you this, if you had stopped, gotten out with your "bigger gun," and there had been any witnesses, you'ld have been calling your lawyer to try to get you some bail....
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    To Heck with just a bigger carry piece, surely you could mount a .50 cal machinegun in the fender and when they pull ahead and slam on the brakes, you could just vaporize 'em.

Nope, on second thought, you didn't need a gun at all... You could have just rammed him, pushed him off the road and been done with it.

Nope, on third thought... you need some attitude adjustment...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links