Would you get into a fist fight while carrying?

This is a discussion on Would you get into a fist fight while carrying? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Yoda I have injured too many fists with my face To funny that is one of my favorite saying. "I've broken a ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Would you get into a fist fight while carrying?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I have injured too many fists with my face
    To funny that is one of my favorite saying. "I've broken a lot of fists with this face" have to admit more than a few fists have broken my face as well
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

2. Remove Ads

Having read all.of these posts I have a couple of comments. First I heard call 911. Most cellphones come with video cameras. A short documentary will avail you of cross examination.
    Secondly I also carry a SD knife. Unopened it can give me certain advantages in a fistfight.
    Third, I don't fistfight anymore. I used to frequent some stupid places. The last time I was in a bar a fight broke out and I hit the door because I had a wife and kids at home and really didn't havthe any business being there. The thought of the cops going to my house and telling my wife I was in the hospital or the morgue because I was at the bar didn't sit too well with me.
    I am too old now too fight or run. An attack of any kind will put me in fear for my life. I would have to hit first and hit hard if it came down to it.
    My second move would be introducing the BG to my gun. The choice would be his as to the next step.
    As mentioned in several very good replies, when the time comes you'll know what to do. These are things no one can tell you how to react.
    We have different gifts,according to the grace given to each of us.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    Yes and no. Although stupid can pop up anywhere, there are numerous places that can be considered "stupid" places. It's a matter of playing the odds.

I'm far less likely to get a beat-down in my golf club locker room than, say, a seedy bar in a "bad" part of town.

I posit that those who wish to live long, happy lives without needing to use their ccw ALWAYS modify their lives and the places they go. I sure do. I have been doing it for decades.
    You of course are free to do so. I think the reason that it was taken disparagingly is that some cannot live out our lives that way. Some want to squeeze all the life out of living as we can. Many believe

Quote Originally Posted by author unknown
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away."
    Quote Originally Posted by author unknown
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,

but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!"
    As I said previously.
    Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    It remains a free country I pay for these streets I am not about to surrender them to scumbags. I go where I please when I please. I prefer motorcycles over Beemers, the scent of gas, oil burning rubber over cologne, places where men are men, the women are hot, the music is rock, the jokes are raunchy, the laughter is raucous over places where the men wear pink polo shirts, the women are cold, the jokes are polite, Tee hee hee passes for laughter, and they drink their Chateau La Do Do with stiff pinkies and limp wrists.
    Driving around the 35mph corner doing 30 in the family van is safer than hitting the same 35mph corner on a motorcycle doing 95mph, pipes scraping, sparks flying knowing you are about to die. But it will never give you the exhilaration and joy of being alive you get when that bikes straighten out. Nor will the story of sitting at the local yacht club ever be equal to the one about handing your piece to a trusted friend as you stepped into that circle with a guy three times your size.

Of course as we get older we tend to tone it down but we don't need to look back with regrets about the things we missed because we chose to be safe. Or wonder what our limits are.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

VIP Member
    There is no substitute for good
    judgement. Your life can be ruined
    by one split second decision --
    even if it is morally and legally sound.

Stay safe and stay away from places
    where there is a heightened chance
    trouble will find you.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

I'm not a fighter. Only been in one "fight" but I curled up in a ball and waited for it to end - lol if there's a next time I'll at least try. I'm certainly not going to jump into the fray at my size. The only time I would consider getting involved with someone I don't know is if a child or someone disabled or elderly was involved - I'd never be able to sleep at night if I didn't at least try to help someone who wasn't in a position to help themselves. Otherwise you never know the whole story and I don't want to make assumptions. Call 911, snap some pics, stay out of the way. I just read an article this morning about good samaritans restraining the wrong person - came to a woman's aid and restrained the guy...only problem is the woman was the mugger and she got away. When you come upon a scene, it's not always how it seems. Ooops. Would-be NJ Samaritans restrain victim, help thief - NorthJersey.com

I did get into a screaming match with a dad at flag football practice several months ago - VERY VERY out of character for me. But it involved my kid - my developmentally delayed kid, so mama bear roared. I can't imagine it would have escalated into a fist fight - dude was a LOT bigger than me! All turned out well, neither one of us even got thrown out (which was amazing) he even got a talking to about the way he was cursing me, a "lady". (I may have been cursing too but I'm not as loud)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Links