Bystander In Walgreens Robbery

This is a discussion on Bystander In Walgreens Robbery within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The Walgreens near my home was robbed, check out the video. What would your response be? Video: Masked men rob store : News : ColoradoConnection.com...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Bystander In Walgreens Robbery

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar

The Walgreens near my home was robbed, check out the video. What would your response be?

Video: Masked men rob store : News : ColoradoConnection.com

It appears to me that the BGs had there ducks in a row on this. If you notice, the BG inside had his finger indexed while making demands. The customer was just standing and looking at the BG hands still in his pockets. I think if I were the customer, I would have complied and let the BG take the meds and the cash. That is assuming Im alone with out my family present like the customer in the video....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Hands in the pocket, gun pointed in my direction. If ordered to kneel, I would but I can't kneel without falling over. I'd tell him that so not to be shot. I usually carry a shoulder rig for that reason. If alone and no family with me I'd might on purpose roll on floor and draw, he was kneeling what looked to be behind him.

A perfect example of why being rash is such a bad idea. Had the customer decided to intervene, the guy watching the front door would have likely dispatched the Good Samaritan quickly.

The armed robbers weren't some tweaked meth heads on a bender. They knew what he wanted, planned the robbery, were wearing surgical gloves, and had a system in place. This looked like a professional heist, and some local yokel do-gooder with a ccw would likely have only made it worse - especially for himself.
    JDE101, Guest1, IWLAFART and 1 others like this.

Ain't my money, BG looked calm, just wanted the loot, not to hurt anyone (of course he could). I am not in danger. Let him take the stuff.
    DocPMD, hienykins and Armey like this.

Be a good witness ! On a different note, the BG had his finger indexed instead of on the trigger like most BG's. Most BG's have their finger on the bang switch. What's up with this guy?
    jbum likes this.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    Be a good witness ! On a different note, the BG had his finger indexed instead of on the trigger like most BG's. Most BG's have their finger on the bang switch. What's up with this guy?
    Pro
    Old School likes this.

12 pack of coke 3/10.00 that's a good deal.... see I always mis the sales
    atctimmy and kerberos like this.

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    Hands in the pocket, gun pointed in my direction. If ordered to kneel, I would but I can't kneel without falling over. I'd tell him that so not to be shot. I usually carry a shoulder rig for that reason. If alone and no family with me I'd might on purpose roll on floor and draw, he was kneeling what looked to be behind him.
    Nowhere in that video did I see a BG ordering anyone to kneel, so your urban gun-fu is neither relevant nor appropriate for this scenario. Nice idea, though....

VIP Member
    The lookout with a rifle really throws me for a loop. I admit that if I were in the store and saw the guy at the counter, I would have likely assumed that he was alone.

I'd like to say that I'd pick up on his professionalism... This one definitely has me thinking.
    Chad Rogers and jace33 like this.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    i am small and invisible

---------

they usually arrive in 3's and he is calm and so am i

besides, if i just ran to the store I'm probably carrying a pocket 380 or my 642 in the coat pocket.
    neither is a tool to effectively engage the door dude.
    Phaedrus likes this.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    Nowhere in that video did I see a BG ordering anyone to kneel, so your urban gun-fu is neither relevant nor appropriate for this scenario. Nice idea, though....
    This is true, but the reporter made the statement that the customer was on his knees (and he was).....
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

Very interesting. I've never seen anything quite like this. The finger position tends to suggest this person has had some handgun training in the past. Hoodlums who get guns off the street never take safety training and always keep their fingers on the trigger.

With two of them in the store, I'd most definitely keep my gun to myself unless it appeared they were going to start hurting people. In this case it appeared they took what they wanted and left.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by ZX9RCAM View Post
    This is true, but the reporter made the statement that the customer was on his knees (and he was).....
    Good Lord, it was a guy looking for cough syrup when the robbery took place - not some hapless victim ordered to the floor by the gun-wielding robber. There is a difference, ya know. I made the statement in response to the poster who stated, "If ordered to kneel..."

No one was ordered to kneel. That was my only point.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    I really don't know...

Here's what I think would happen:

I'd consider my options, not take an immediate chance - look around, see the other bad guy and crap my pants. Then start shaking, tear up and hope for the best.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links