My wife got scared today.

This is a discussion on My wife got scared today. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So my wife works at a restaurant on the main strip in town. Our down town is fairly small, and the restaurant she works at ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: My wife got scared today.

My wife got scared today.

So my wife works at a restaurant on the main strip in town. Our down town is fairly small, and the restaurant she works at is on the corner of the main strip. She always parks on the side road next to the building.

Well today she pulled up parallel parked her van. She was sitting there brushing her hair getting ready to get out and a car pulls up behind her and parks and the guy just sits there hand on the steering wheel starring at her. She can see him in the rear view. So she gets a little creeped out and decided to stay put for a few minutes just to see if the guy gets out or drives off but he doesn't.

He just keeps sitting there starring. So then she thinks maybe he doesn't realize she is parked and doesn't know that he can just go around, but after about 5 minutes another car drives by so there's plenty of room for him to go around if he needed to.

So after the other car had passed by she decided to go and park on the main road in front of the restaurant well as she pulls forward the guy in the car pulls right up behind her, and when she turns left he take off to the right and just goes on his way.

Sound to me like he was waiting on her to get out. Who knows. I think she did the right thing staying in her van and then driving off.

So what are everyone's thoughts on this?
    "The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary.
    Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."

-Joseph Conrad-

2. Remove Ads

Kudos to her. Great SA. On another note, I recognize your avatar from that "other" CC site.

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    My first thought here is that your wife did a VERY GOOD thing by paying attention to what her "spidey sense" was telling her (LISTEN to that little voice). My second thought is really a question--was she carrying--if not, why not? The third thought is it would have been helpful for her to call 911 and explain the situation and tell them that she is concerned, and is an officer available for a drive-by??

Glad she is OK!!
    marcclarke and TVille like this.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

At least she was looking...many people don't notice those things around them.
    Give her a pat on the back, and another box of ammo.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

hbc
    It does sound like he was waiting for your wife to get out of her van. If this happens again, I hope she gets the license plate number of this possible predator.

Great SA. Just as important as a CCW.

VIP Member
    Good job; you never can tell.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Good one on your wife, I wish mine was as obvervant as that...but I fear she isn't.

Yea she has come a long way from where she was. After being married to me for 9 years she has started to notice a lot more than she use to.
    "The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary.
    Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."

-Joseph Conrad-

I have blind deadbolts on every door of my house; front door, patio French doors, John Deere room, 2nd floor balcony. Thus, if I'm attending to the front door, good luck to BGs gaining entrance anywhere else!

Quote Originally Posted by hrufrdr1 View Post
    I have blind deadbolts on every door of my house; front door, patio French doors, John Deere room, 2nd floor balcony. Thus, if I'm attending to the front door, good luck to BGs gaining entrance anywhere else!
    I've been drinking, so maybe I'm wrong, but what does this have to do with anything?
    Bark'n, TVille and 8plus1 like this.

Many things can "trigger" a pervert,A woman combing her hair,or any one of a hundred things,my wife was trying on some high heels in a shoe store when some guy made a comment like"oh yeah I like those",creeped her out and she left and went to Walmart,she was in the pharmacy section when she heard a guy say something like"did I freak you out" same guy and she yelled get away from me M-fer,I was at a Doctors office a block away at the time,she told him don't even try to follow me to my vehicle.We had a big talk afterwards,she is from Canada and it's the first time she ever felt threatened,I told her next time yell for Security and don't leave the damn store.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by hrufrdr1 View Post
    I think he was replying to a earlier post about BG and their M.O. of one perp distracting the homeowner at te front door and other perp stealing out the back......but I Too have been drinking so I could be wrong!

-Be Safe-
    <><

Distinguished Member
    Watch your six.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Great SA on her behalf. Tell her she did great.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links