Some thing strange at the bank

This is a discussion on Some thing strange at the bank within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just call me foolish but I have to admit that I would not notice if folks were coming out of the bank. I mean I ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Some thing strange at the bank

Just call me foolish but I have to admit that I would not notice if folks were coming out of the bank. I mean I pass the drive thru and now looking for parking spot. I get out and start walking to the door. I mean, how much time has elapsed that I have fixed my eyes on the door? When did I have time to look at the door? Even if I had to get my check book out, get my phone, fix my tie I wouldn't be looking at the door.Just trying to picture myself in that situation. How many people shgould leave per minute? I guess what I am saying I don't spend time staring at a door for a couple of minutes or more and would not think it odd if no one came out in that time frame. After I read this post I had to run a few errands and quuite honestly after the fact I can remember folks leaving. Would never occur to me at the time.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Use the drive though ATM, it works faster than the tellers.
    Ha, ha. A bank and a credit union were robbed here in the last few days from the drive through. The guy passed a note to the teller through the pneumatic tube claiming he had a gun, and they sent him the money the same way.

Seriously, if I thought my bank was being robbed, there is no way I would go inside. I would watch from a distance and take notes.

VIP Member
    I always wonder if the bank is being robbed when I drive in. So I guess I would not enter and go away if I thougt it was. I would have my iphone ready for a picture or video and be able to give description if needed. Pen and paper in my console to write down time, and other information. There have been a couple banks robbed around here. Most of the robbers are really stupid and they always get caught. So there is no need for me to be the Hero. I just hope they don't walk in when I am at the teller.

VIP Member
    Since it was noon, they'll only have one teller on duty. And he/she is taking a deposit in pennies and is having to count them all.

All the others are at lunch.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I will probably drive off and set up to watch the doors,I see a couple sketchy dudes come out I'm calling 911 to have them check if the bank got hit,I get make model color and direction of travel,then set up a loose tail,if bank was hit,I keep responding LEO notified of location until they can intercept,then I go do whatever I was doing
    How do you tell what a sketchy person looks like? Are you a police officer? Why are you tailing people? That us only escalating the situation. Would you take these actions if you were not carrying?

I live a simple life. I don't sit there counting people LEAVING a bank. And if and when they do I don't follow them I am pretty sure this is one LE can handle on their own.
    Toorop and atctimmy like this.

I'ld call 911 and ask them if they would like to do a safety check, and tell them why, and make sure I hadn't forgotten it was President's day and they were actually closed.

Then sit where I can watch the entrance without them observing me, and if someone comes out..... be sure to get a good description if it looks suspicious and what vehicle they leave in.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

What's a "bank?"
    "Your mind is the weapon, all the rest are just tools." --gasmitty

[QUOTE=Toorop;2184060]How do you tell what a sketchy person looks like?

Looks in the mirror.
    jblives2ride likes this.
    Better 12 judging than 6 carrying

You also have to think about the Courier. Is your position allowing you to see the armored truck blocking the drive up lanes while he refills the bank's ATM? We try not to but sometimes it happens. Or did you consider that we are in the bank making a delivery and that requires the tellers to help us first so customers swarm to the drive up lanes.

I've pulled up at my bank on a monday when no cars where there...it was 2pm?? I jummped the gun and figured the bank collasp has began and how all my money was in my account...then as sweat beaded on my forehead I realized it was presidents day and the bank is closed.

The first thing to do is remind yourself your carry permit is NOT a badge!
    NRA MEMBER
    EDC: Beretta Nano

Came across something like this a number of years back during the S&L disasters. Bunch of brown sedans parked outside. It was the Feds closing the bank down.

Michael

Noon on Mondays would seem to be a busy banking time. People tend to dash in on their lunch breaks. Twelve cars, hmm? Let's figure that four or five are employee cars and the other seven or eight are customers. With probably two windows open, someone should come out in at least three or four minutes. I'd get a safe distance away and watch for that long. If no one exited, I'd call 911 and let them know what I saw.

Then again, me sitting behind the wheel, of an idling car, watching a bank door and no one coming out, what does that look like to you?
    Last edited by tolduonce; June 6th, 2012 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Additional thought

Quote Originally Posted by tolduonce View Post
    Noon on Mondays would seem to be a busy banking time. People tend to dash in on their lunch breaks. Twelve cars, hmm? Let's figure that four or five are employee cars and the other seven or eight are customers. With probably two windows open, someone should come out in at least three or four minutes. I'd get a safe distance away and watch for that long. If no one exited, I'd call 911 and let them know what I saw.
    So, you are saying that when you go to a bank, you wait outside for a few minutes first to see if things are safe?
    atctimmy likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links