This is why you don't break into homes in Utah.... It's bad for your health.

This is a discussion on This is why you don't break into homes in Utah.... It's bad for your health. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Intruder stopped for snack before fatal shooting | ksl.com Good thing this guy was prepared! -Clay...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This is why you don't break into homes in Utah.... It's bad for your health.

Sponsor

Intruder stopped for snack before fatal shooting | ksl.com

Good thing this guy was prepared!

-Clay

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    A break-in of convenience, but a poor choice. Looks like someone saved the state a lot of criminal justice costs. Good on the homeowner.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    I read these stories and am reminded that truth is sometimes stranger than fiction.

Life gets tough in the BG fast lane sometimes!!!
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Thumbs up

Chalk another one up for the good guys!
    ~The Dude Abides~

Isn't Utah one of the few states that uses "FIRING SQUAD" on death row? This one didn't even make it that far, but he did get his LAST SUPPER!

Quote Originally Posted by DeathRales View Post
    Isn't Utah one of the few states that uses "FIRING SQUAD" on death row? This one didn't even make it that far, but he did get his LAST SUPPER!
    I think they got rid of it several years ago but inmates already on death row could still chose it. Those sentenced since (I think 2005?) don't have the option. poor guys.

Sounds like a "Junkie" looking for an easy score,and found an unlocked door.That is why it's a good reason to have 1 person secure doors and windows at night before going to bed,good thing the BG was dumb enough to let the GG enter an unsearched closet,and the GG had a loaded gun in it
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Sounds like a "Junkie" looking for an easy score,and found an unlocked door.That is why it's a good reason to have 1 person secure doors and windows at night before going to bed,good thing the BG was dumb enough to let the GG enter an unsearched closet,and the GG had a loaded gun in it
    Most BG's aren't too smart,,,,,otherwise they wouldn't be BG's....

Makes you wonder why the door was open in the middle of the night. On the other side the neighborhood just got safer

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Basic Castle Doctrine that many states including SC have. You break into my house, I have a legal presumption of imminent danger of death or great bodily injury and can "make sure" you do not do it again.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    Makes you wonder why the door was open in the middle of the night. On the other side the neighborhood just got safer
    ^^^^^^^^^^_________________^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    The article I read said the door was locked with a "child lock" whatever that is.
    It was a sliding glass door, so I'm wondering why they only had a minimal means of securing it.

Two words for the BG,,,,,Too Bad!!!!!!!!!

Two words for the homeowner,,,,,,Thank you!!!!! for keeping your family and neighborhood safe.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Great job to the home owner. Sliding doors are pretty easy to defeat. I keep a small board in mine but that won't stop someone who is motivated.

Ex Member
    How could this have been prevented:
    1) DOUBLE locks on all doors and windows
    2) ALARMS on doors and windows
    3) DOGS that bark

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links