"Interviewed" while walking the dog? - Page 4

"Interviewed" while walking the dog?

This is a discussion on "Interviewed" while walking the dog? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The location of the "incident" was 39.817336,-105.156547 (paste into Google Maps). Though you are right next to multiple backyards, you are relatively isolated via the ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: "Interviewed" while walking the dog?

The location of the "incident" was 39.817336,-105.156547 (paste into Google Maps). Though you are right next to multiple backyards, you are relatively isolated via the privacy fences and locked gates.

I was walking north, with the other gentleman walking south. Theoretically, there is a convenience store in the direction he was walking, if you go all the way down to 64th and head west a few blocks.
    Last edited by WebleyHunter; March 8th, 2012 at 01:42 AM.

General rule of thumb is: "If it feels wrong,it usually is" We don't listen to our inner voice enough anymore.
    kerberos likes this.

I definitely agree that you ought to increase the caliber of the gun you keep on your person.

Also, I hope that you gave your dog a nice treat and some encouragement for doing a good job in detecting the potential BG and perhaps knocking him off stride, so to speak.

We get more and more of the people looking for a handout ,i think most don't earn enough to cover food bus fare and housing. That said if they are desperate people will do stupid out of character things, just make sure you stay aware of your surroundings.
    Better 12 judging than 6 carrying

Shoot first answer questions later! Sounds fine by me. I prefer a bigger caliber and something is better than nothing blah blah blah. Good on you that you had a bright light. I love mine, especially at night. Glad it worked out. train that dog to attack!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

After the "interview" event, probably made you think about being better prepared for perp(s) intent on causing harm without warning. Sometimes criminals will divert attention/awareness by distracting a victim (such as asking you for something). You end up looking at the person's face rather than hands or around you if there is an accomplice. He could have been feeling you out. I doubt if you will be caught off guard again but I'd really carry at least a .380 for a mouse gun with a spare mag if possible. I use a Seecamp for mouse use (in .32 though). LCPs are not that much bigger than a Beretta 950 and empty weight the same. The Beretta 950 is SA so you have to either cock the hammer first or carry cocked and on safe. You have to cock the hammer for each shot with your NAA mini. I think you can afford better equipment. Here's a link to compare various .32, .380, and 9mm pocket guns: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B22w...hl=en_US&pli=1

Do you walk your dog on or off leash? If on leash, you have to think about drawing and handling a gun with one hand only until you decide to let go of the leash.

I'm not familiar about your neighborhood but if I was walking (not jogging) that late at night and traversing isolated areas, I'd probably have a 9mm or at least a J-frame .38sp airweight revolver with reloads. Glocks are pretty light for what they give you (21oz for an empty G19).

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Many bums make a habit of panhandling everyone they see, so this could have been an innocent encounter with someone who thinks society owes them something. I think asking for 75 cents is less of a threat than asking for a dollar, as if you were gullible enough, removing change is less hazardous than taking out your wallet for a grab attempt. Either way, "F" them, and be prepared

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    Many bums make a habit of panhandling everyone they see, so this could have been an innocent encounter with someone who thinks society owes them something. I think asking for 75 cents is less of a threat than asking for a dollar, as if you were gullible enough, removing change is less hazardous than taking out your wallet for a grab attempt. Either way, "F" them, and be prepared
    The OP described him as follows:

In the brief time I saw him in the moonlight, the guy did not appear to be a typical homeless individual. He was a white male, probably mid-40s, 5'-8" to 5'-10", clean shaven wearing light clothing. His voice was also not the typical "gruff" voice shown by many homeless folks.
    Does not sound like your typical bum.

Quote Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
    The OP described him as follows:

Does not sound like your typical bum.
    No. This one sounds successful.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special - Walther P22
    LMT STD 16 - Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield - Mossberg 500B
    Marlin 336Y - Kahr MK9

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyHunter View Post
    - If things did go south, I had my new .25 Beretta 950BS (9 x Fiocchi 50 gr FMJ) and a .22 NAA Mini (5 x Winchester Super Speed 40 gr LRN), so I was far from unarmed.

Hunter
    Were you planning on throwing the guns at him? Sorry I had to... Lol
    Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links