Bomb Threat scenario

This is a discussion on Bomb Threat scenario within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So you are on the bus when this starts up. What would you do? Bomb threatened on bus, police say | Cincinnati.com | cincinnati.com...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Bomb Threat scenario

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar

Bomb Threat scenario

So you are on the bus when this starts up. What would you do?

Bomb threatened on bus, police say | Cincinnati.com | cincinnati.com
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

2. Remove Ads

If I can see his hands and there's no detonator, and if I have a clean shot and am positive I can nail him and not cause collateral damage, then and only then I *might* take the shot. Otherwise I'll make a movie-style jump out a window onto another moving vehicle.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I will be looking for anything that could look like a bomb/detonator,If I feel that he may actually be carrying a bomb when he has his attention off me I draw aim fire
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I'm out the window!

If the window wouldn't open…… I'd probably shoot him. I don't much care for being threatened, especially with explosives. Kind of like that policeman that was fired in the Philippines (maybe?). He was pacing the whole time on the phone and any one of the passengers could have gotten a clean head shot without much effort if any had been armed.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Every one sounds unified on this bomb or no bomb I would talk the shot. Once he makes the threat and it sounds real you have to defend yourself. as far as the jump out the window movie style... what movie so I know if I am going to try it too; there are some that don't end so well

Screw jumping out the window, I'm throwing him out the window!
    Hopyard likes this.
    "Shoot low boys, they're riding Shetland ponies." -Lewis Grizzard

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    remember Mal walking back onboard FIrefly and the BG had a gun at one of the crew's head....

Mal snap shot him in his head without breaking stride.

---dats me, bro!!
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I will be looking for anything that could look like a bomb/detonator,If I feel that he may actually be carrying a bomb when he has his attention off me I draw aim fire
    Reminds me of what happened after 9/11. In Oct 2001 I went to Miss for training. Sunday was the only day we had time for laundry. We were staying in a hotel with no facilities so we went to the Naval Air Station in Meridian. Two e-2's were at the gate and stopped us (tensions high after 9/11). The female sailor got the mirror thing to put under the car. I asked "what are you looking for". She said bombs. Then one of the guys that was training with us (he was SAS) asked her in a fine British accent "do you happen to know what a bomb looks like?"
    Of course she gave us a blank stare and they let us go on our way.
    hammer2213 likes this.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Reminds me of what happened after 9/11. In Oct 2001 I went to Miss for training. Sunday was the only day we had time for laundry. We were staying in a hotel with no facilities so we went to the Naval Air Station in Meridian. Two e-2's were at the gate and stopped us (tensions high after 9/11). The female sailor got the mirror thing to put under the car. I asked "what are you looking for". She said bombs. Then one of the guys that was training with us (he was SAS) asked her in a fine British accent "do you happen to know what a bomb looks like?"
    Of course she gave us a blank stare and they let us go on our way.
    Sadly that was more common than you think, and still true today.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Quote Originally Posted by claude clay View Post
    remember Mal walking back onboard FIrefly and the BG had a gun at one of the crew's head....

Mal snap shot him in his head without breaking stride.

---dats me, bro!!
    I thought I was the only person who watched Firefly... too bad they cancelled it.

As far as this scenario, I would have weighed whether or not I had an open head shot, and what kind of backstop I had, and decided whether or not to shoot... OR, I could have flashed all 9 of my CHL badges at once and made him faint in sheer terror!

I've always thought that you're not supposed to bring a gun to a 'bomb' fight.
    I'd be trying to bail out of the bus...
    Toorop likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    Remember that any explosive device can easily be set up to detonate with a Dead Mans Switch so "taking out" the bomber (even with a perfect kill shot) may just be what triggers the explosion as soon as the pressure is released on the device trigger.
    suntzu and Toorop like this.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Remember that any explosive device can easily be set up to detonate with a Dead Mans Switch so "taking out" the bomber (even with a perfect kill shot) may just be what triggers the explosion as soon as the pressure is released on the device trigger.
    Ok, my experience with explosives is limited to a wayward youth's preoccupation with firecrackers, cherry bombs amd M80s.
    How much knowledge and exposure to bombs does it take to rig a Dead Man's Switch?
    IOW, how likely is it that someone would actually do that? Is this an advanced skill?
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    Ok, my experience with explosives is limited to a wayward youth's preoccupation with firecrackers, cherry bombs amd M80s.
    How much knowledge and exposure to bombs does it take to rig a Dead Man's Switch?
    IOW, how likely is it that someone would actually do that? Is this an advanced skill?
    Actually it is about the easiest thing to do. I was about to explain to simple methods but this is definitly not the right place for it (actually no place is the right place for it.). Some idiot kids would try to duplicate it. But yeah, it is real simple. And somebody said to not bring a gun to a knife fight. That is the best truism I have seen in a while.

I have no experience building bombs, but I can come up with a couple ideas offhand for how to build a dead man's trigger. Just from a basic knowledge of electronics. *Edited on second thought*
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links