What is wrong with people???

This is a discussion on What is wrong with people??? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Went by a liquor store on the way home from work this evening (I like an occasional Kentucky bourbon neat while at home) and before ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: What is wrong with people???

Went by a liquor store on the way home from work this evening (I like an occasional Kentucky bourbon neat while at home) and before I got out of the truck I noticed two boys (looking about 15) standing to one side fo the door. When I approached the door one of them asked if I could spare a quarter, to which I replied "NOPE" and just kept on walking. Got inside and I had to wait a couple minutes at the register and the boy came in and was standing behind me. Paid up, got my change, and he was buying some of the incense crap (fake pot or whatever that crap is). What in the heck is wrong with people? Teenagers standing outside the liquor store bumbing quarters off people to buy fake pot? Really? Where are these kids' parents? And at 8:00 on a school night? I'll never understand. No wonder society is going to crap.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Did you call the police on them? J/K, hope you're enjoying living in Florida. Don't see too many posts from you since you've moved. Hope the transition is going well. Take care.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    People or parents?

Parents (as you should well know at your age) CANNOT always control their young. No matter how hard you try, unless you put a tracking device under their skin, you cannot keep up with where they are. "I'm going over to Tim's, I'll be home later'- he goes to Tim's, and they leave from there. The parent can't know that he left Tim's. Or where he goes from there.

Add that to the fact that kids these days don't know to be afraid of their parents- because you're not allowed to spank your children anymore or you go to jail- the kids have nothing to fear. Therefore, they do what they want, when they want, and there's nothing anyone can do about it. - Sorry.
    -------------------
    As for people, there's TOO MUCH to even begin properly.

For one, they're just STUPID. And lazy. I work as a Service Advisor at Pep Boys- I can't tell you how many times in a day I get a call or someone come in to get that tire for $29.99. For their 2000 Honda Accord with 18's. --DOES NOT WORK. If they knew how to read, they would know that that is for a 15/80/13, in a tire that isn't even rated for that car. And they think that they SHOULD get the $193.99 tire for $29.99 because of 'False Advertising'. -Sorry, you can't read, and you think you should get it for free because you 'deserve it' because you 'work for your money'?

I had a woman threaten me the other week with Obama because we were charging her for work that she asked us to do to her Suburban. -- Because Obama cares about her $200 bill. Or her. Or me. Or anyone else that actually works. -- I would LOVE to meet Obama; I would shake his hand, smile as wide as I possibly could, and tell him that I own 3 handguns, and have a permit to carry them. Watch him make a mess in his pants.

People feel entitled to everything because many of the adults these days grew up on welfare; where they didn't have to work- let the government (us) pay for everything for them.
    -------------------

Sorry for the ranting- stupid, lazy people 'upset' me. A lot.
    msgt/ret, stig15, bspoon and 6 others like this.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Who cares what those stupid kids do?!

RugerLCP for EDC
    CWFL Florida
    NRA member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    EDC=Ruger LCP
    Florida CWFL
    NRA Member

If people don't know where there 15 yr olds are, there definately is something wrong. Yes, you can still spank your child and you will not go to jail. Yes, your child can be afraid of the parents and the consequences of their actions when you screw up.

However, today people are too self centered and can't be bothered to take care of themselves, let alone their children.

I would have mentioned something to the folks at the liquor store about letting people panhandle outside the place. 15 year olds buying fake pot can't put very much on the bottom line of the business. Loosing customers who are purchasing beverages should be their main concern.

Bugdude, just put another half or full shot in the glass and it will all be ok in about 20 minutes.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    If people don't know where there 15 yr olds are, there definately is something wrong. Yes, you can still spank your child and you will not go to jail. Yes, your child can be afraid of the parents and the consequences of their actions when you screw up.

However, today people are too self centered and can't be bothered to take care of themselves, let alone their children.

I would have mentioned something to the folks at the liquor store about letting people panhandle outside the place. 15 year olds buying fake pot can't put very much on the bottom line of the business. Loosing customers who are purchasing beverages should be their main concern.

Bugdude, just put another half or full shot in the glass and it will all be ok in about 20 minutes.
    mostly true... however, most of the folks running liquor stores... especially those that sell the new "fake pot" incense, just see the panhandling kids as money in the till. And that's all they care about. And those kids send other kids... and if they panhandle some mo' money... they will spend it there...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

It's not just the kids of today. I remember growing up as a teenager in the 60's. My father, from South Carolina, absolutely hated the Beatles, the music, the way kids dressed and looked. I've heard the phrase "what's wrong with kids today" more than I could count.

It's just a sign your getting old.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

I knew before I got out of the truck by the way they were eyeballing me and whispering to each other out the sides of their mouths that there was some bumbing getting ready to happen. I figured they were trying to con someone into buying them booze. When the kid came in the store several minutes later and was standing behind me in the line it made me a little nervous because I knew he couldn't be old enough to buy booze...didn't see the packs of fake dope on the counter. Oh well. I always had to be home by the time the street lights came on because "nothing good happens after dark" as I recall. Butt whoppins happen when they need to, otherwise stuff they like happens to magically find its way into the woodstove, or on the shooting range, or sitting on top of the house where they can see it buy can't do anything about it. Stuff just happens I guess.

Are 15 year olds allowed in liquor stores?
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

RKM
    I'm only 25 and I already wonder what's wrong with kids these days.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    What in the heck is wrong with people? Teenagers standing outside the liquor store bumbing quarters off people to buy fake pot? Really? Where are these kids' parents? And at 8:00 on a school night? I'll never understand. No wonder society is going to crap.
    Back in my day, the loser kids bummed quarters to buy REAL pot.

Damn hippie kids!!! (shakes cane in air)
    Last edited by lowercase; March 10th, 2012 at 12:32 AM. Reason: added little smiley thing
    MadMac and kante like this.

Where's the part about carry and defensive scenarios in this post?

I'm just sayin'...
    lowercase likes this.
    Dwayne...
    CZ Redhead Deluxe O/U 12 ga

It started out with the intention of the bumb then following me in the store and standing 6 inches behind me in line...went off in a tangent and never made the connection in the post.

Next thing you know, these dang whippersnappers are going to get one of them new-fangled transistor radios from Japan and listen to that Elvis Presley fellow. He's the end of America as we know it. Boys will be shaking their hips, and all our daughters will want to have sex!
    Vaquero 45 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    It started out with the intention of the bumb then following me in the store and standing 6 inches behind me in line...went off in a tangent and never made the connection in the post.
    I had my hackles up reading your original post: I would have been paying VERY CLOSE ATTENTION to the kid.
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links